July 25, 2014 | 2004 users online

Hair - Redken - Redken Diamond OIl Shatterproof Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by atrayloraxo

Updated review...I've been using for about two weeks and recommend giving it time to work. The first few days I thought it did nothing but now I notice the softness of my hair even with almost daily heat styling. If you have thick hair you probably need 5-6 drops versus the recommended 2-3. I would buy again as there's a noticeable difference in the feel of my hair :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kaascat

It is an amazing product if you have dry hair. But.... I keep having the same issue: over-applying makes my hair REALLY oily. That is the only reason i am not up to spending so much money on getting an other bottle. Althought the packaging and the perfume is divine I can't find a way to apply the right amount to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by valpal21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use the intense version after every hair wash and have never had a problem with over applying. I did take it on a business trip and spilled a bit in my suitcase which somehow resulted in the metal cover on the lid compleat coming off the top. Now I have a pretty bottle with the orIginal white plastic screw top and metal dropper button. Still a great product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by beecky

Man this stuff is good. Wasn't expecting miracles, I mean it's just a hair oil ... then enter the miracle. I had been searching for a silicone free hair oil, not that I'm against silicones, but they only give the illusion that your hair is healthy. Silicones just coat your hair, and yes they make your hair feel amazing, but it builds up over time and like I said, it's just making it FEEL better, not actually BE better or healthier. Okay, rant over. Unless you have very thick or wavy/curly hair, or extremely damaged hair, don't get the intense version because it's very intense stuff indeed ! I got the intense version and it's perfect for me, but barely and I have very thick, wavy, colored hair. Smells amazing, too. My favorite thing about this is that it can be used as a treatment overnight, or mixed in with your favorite conditioner, or you can use it alone as you choose. It really conditions your hair and strengthens it, preventing breakage greatly. Hair oils like moroccanoil are great, however they aren't actually making your hair healthier, they are just coating it. The nourishing ingredients can't really penetrate the hair because of all the silicones that are stuck to the hair shaft. This stuff is the real deal, excellent hair oil. Simply the best.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is amazing! it makes my dry-from-highlighting hair feel soft and smooth. i have found for me the best way to use this is after I've flat ironed, blow dried or curled my hair to use about 4 drops (literally drops. this stuff goes a lonnnnng way) and focus it mainly at my ends. and whatever is leftover on my hands after that, I used to lightly smooth down any fly aways around my part. it smells great and doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. usually this product has a fairly high price (my salon sells it for $40.00) but since I am a licensed cosmetologist, i can purchase it in professionals-only stores for $15.00 which is a fantastic deal considering how little you need of this to make a HUGE difference. my hair doesn't feel complete until I've put this on!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at ULTA using a 20% off coupon which lessens the sting of the purchase price. ($40) However, it's a large glass bottle and you're supposed to use it sparingly. 2-3 drops at a time. I've only used it as an after blowdry treatment and it's amazing! I personally like the scent better than Moroccan oil. It can be used in a bunch of different ways, even as a moisturizing skin treatment. Definitely a must-have for any woman who needs to de-frizz their look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the intense version of the oil, even though my hair is very fine, because I abuse it with heat and color and it could use some repairing and extra moisturizing.

I have only used it on dry hair as a frizz tamer and shiner so far, I'm a bit worried to use it before blow drying or flat ironing because it doesn't have silicones, and I wouldn't want to fry my hair. It gives a nice, natural shine, but what I like most is that it totally kills the frizz and makes my hair look healthier than it is. I also used it after curling my hair, instead of gel, and it gave awesome separation and emphasized my curls, and my ends didn't look as dry as they really are.
One has to be careful not to use too much, as it will make one's hair look oily.

I will next use it on damp hair, when I know I won't be heat styling, and I think I'll like the results. Also, I will try putting a drop or 2 in the mask or whatever conditioner I'll be using, as a treatment.

I like the way the bottle looks, but I realize it's not the best for travelling.
The dropper is a great idea, and it's very easy to use.

The scent is so pleasant, not as yummy as the Moroccan Oil, but still nice.

This is one product that IMO does what it says, unlike for example Kerastase, that has never worked for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- the smell.
- the fact that theres not silicones in this oil and therefore can be used for hairmask aswell as styling.
- great for the split ends (styling)

Cons:
- dont like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after my hairdresser used it on me and my god I love it. Makes my hair so shiny and frizzfree and in great condition. I used to use moroccan oils Arganoil and Derm Organics Arganoil and this one i a little bit better. Love the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I've been using this for about a month now and I can tell it's made a difference. My hair is much softer and less frizzy when I use it. I'm not the biggest fan of the dropper dispenser though. It's kind of awkward to use; the product gets all over me and sometimes I can't get enough in the dropper. It is a little pricey, but the bottle is huge and will last a long time. Overall I like the product and the scent is amazing, just wish they'd tweak the packaging a little.