April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Hair - Redken - Redken Diamond OIl Shatterproof Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by beecky

Man this stuff is good. Wasn't expecting miracles, I mean it's just a hair oil ... then enter the miracle. I had been searching for a silicone free hair oil, not that I'm against silicones, but they only give the illusion that your hair is healthy. Silicones just coat your hair, and yes they make your hair feel amazing, but it builds up over time and like I said, it's just making it FEEL better, not actually BE better or healthier. Okay, rant over. Unless you have very thick or wavy/curly hair, or extremely damaged hair, don't get the intense version because it's very intense stuff indeed ! I got the intense version and it's perfect for me, but barely and I have very thick, wavy, colored hair. Smells amazing, too. My favorite thing about this is that it can be used as a treatment overnight, or mixed in with your favorite conditioner, or you can use it alone as you choose. It really conditions your hair and strengthens it, preventing breakage greatly. Hair oils like moroccanoil are great, however they aren't actually making your hair healthier, they are just coating it. The nourishing ingredients can't really penetrate the hair because of all the silicones that are stuck to the hair shaft. This stuff is the real deal, excellent hair oil. Simply the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is amazing! it makes my dry-from-highlighting hair feel soft and smooth. i have found for me the best way to use this is after I've flat ironed, blow dried or curled my hair to use about 4 drops (literally drops. this stuff goes a lonnnnng way) and focus it mainly at my ends. and whatever is leftover on my hands after that, I used to lightly smooth down any fly aways around my part. it smells great and doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. usually this product has a fairly high price (my salon sells it for $40.00) but since I am a licensed cosmetologist, i can purchase it in professionals-only stores for $15.00 which is a fantastic deal considering how little you need of this to make a HUGE difference. my hair doesn't feel complete until I've put this on!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at ULTA using a 20% off coupon which lessens the sting of the purchase price. ($40) However, it's a large glass bottle and you're supposed to use it sparingly. 2-3 drops at a time. I've only used it as an after blowdry treatment and it's amazing! I personally like the scent better than Moroccan oil. It can be used in a bunch of different ways, even as a moisturizing skin treatment. Definitely a must-have for any woman who needs to de-frizz their look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the intense version of the oil, even though my hair is very fine, because I abuse it with heat and color and it could use some repairing and extra moisturizing.

I have only used it on dry hair as a frizz tamer and shiner so far, I'm a bit worried to use it before blow drying or flat ironing because it doesn't have silicones, and I wouldn't want to fry my hair. It gives a nice, natural shine, but what I like most is that it totally kills the frizz and makes my hair look healthier than it is. I also used it after curling my hair, instead of gel, and it gave awesome separation and emphasized my curls, and my ends didn't look as dry as they really are.
One has to be careful not to use too much, as it will make one's hair look oily.

I will next use it on damp hair, when I know I won't be heat styling, and I think I'll like the results. Also, I will try putting a drop or 2 in the mask or whatever conditioner I'll be using, as a treatment.

I like the way the bottle looks, but I realize it's not the best for travelling.
The dropper is a great idea, and it's very easy to use.

The scent is so pleasant, not as yummy as the Moroccan Oil, but still nice.

This is one product that IMO does what it says, unlike for example Kerastase, that has never worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- the smell.
- the fact that theres not silicones in this oil and therefore can be used for hairmask aswell as styling.
- great for the split ends (styling)

Cons:
- dont like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after my hairdresser used it on me and my god I love it. Makes my hair so shiny and frizzfree and in great condition. I used to use moroccan oils Arganoil and Derm Organics Arganoil and this one i a little bit better. Love the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I've been using this for about a month now and I can tell it's made a difference. My hair is much softer and less frizzy when I use it. I'm not the biggest fan of the dropper dispenser though. It's kind of awkward to use; the product gets all over me and sometimes I can't get enough in the dropper. It is a little pricey, but the bottle is huge and will last a long time. Overall I like the product and the scent is amazing, just wish they'd tweak the packaging a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by AshO57

Love this! Still healing and growing out my hair after going blonde, and this helps a ton. Put it on wet or dry hair for softness, shine, and taming frizz. Smells pretty good too. Price is $40-$50, but that's not a bad price considering how little you use at a time. Bottle will last soo long!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by missyjac

I absolutely love this product. I put in about 3 drops of this oil into my conditioner, leave it on then wash it off. Use it before blow drying and for the extra shine and soft hair, I put on a few more drops after. Hair looks & feels amazing. Even if I only use it after blow drying, it still looks great! My new HG product. Best not to use on the second day onwards as it may make your hair oilier.

Price is fair (it is cheaper from a hair product store rather than the salon) but packaging - i'd be very careful especially when in the shower as it tends to be slippery when wet. And it being glass - is definitely not shatter proof.

All in all, great product. MUST Have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a positive review for now (but not 5 lippies yet)

I've only had the product since yesterday and saw the results only from my salon visit (and let's face it, you usually look great after a cut and style anyway, right?). I wanted to see what others thought of this spendy product but see no other reviews here yet. I bought it on my hairdresser's advice and didn't look at the price before they rang it up - $40 - gasp! (I see Amazon has it for $30) I decided not to open the packaging until I was able to see other reviews. I already have plenty of amazing oils, and shine serums, etc. and wasn't sure if I was going to take it back.

My hairdresser was raving about it and said it is a treatment that penetrates the hair shaft, making it stronger, etc. and that there are two types, and Shatterproof would be for my hair type (fine - med texture). I see that it contains coriander oil, apricot oil, and sunflower oil, in a silicone free blend. Those aren't extremely expensive oils....I have all but the coriander oil in my cupboard!

However what other site reviews have to say is very very positive. You do get a whopping 100 Ml of product in a beautiful cut glass bottle with a long eye dropper for dispensing. I find that makes it easier to avoid handling the bottle with oil on your hands (I work a lot with oils and droppers are the best way to go). Perhaps because of the relatively common oils, they are splurging on the design..

The other thing that is intriguing is the smell - one reviewer said it was like patchouli (which I love) - I can say that I loved the smell while at the salon. Another reviewer said she is using it on her body and loves the results - non greasy, moisturizing. So multi-purpose! You do get a lot of product for the money, however, that means this should last me for the next decade! ha ha!

I think it's amusing they call it Shatterproof, and then put it in a glass jar...great name though.

I will update when I use it on myself, as now I am intrigued...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No