Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Mink

Just picked this up yesterday. Was using a similar long-wearing Nars (in Moscow), but it's been a bit drying on my lips. The LM Rouge Nouveau truly does feel weightless. Love this color, too.

on 8/19/2013 9:30:00 PM

Laura Mercier makes gorgeous products. Whether they work for you or not is always a matter of personal opinion but for me, it's a brand that meshes so well with my skin that I'm always sure I'll find what I'm looking for (or not looking for, unfortunately).

These Rouge Nouveau lipsticks are another hit. They are skinny lipsticks that come in the usual LM packaging which is simple, functional and the lipsticks ALWAYS shut perfectly (no fancy clicks, but still). The Mink color is a matte shade in a light burnt red (with hits of orange and brown). The lipstick doesn't tug or drag on my lips when I apply it the way that NARS matte lipsticks do- the texture is incredibly, luxuriously smooth and you can build the color by reapplying. I'm not sure how long it lasts- without drinking or eating I assume it's a decent length but longevity isn't a big factor for me in lipstick and gloss.

At $24, it's not a cheap product, but the range of colors and textures, from mattes to sheers to cremes, is so beautiful that it merits a close look.

Popular Lipsticks