Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Green 5, Blue 1, Yellow 5

Coming from someone with combination-oily and sensitive skin, this product is a great way to lightly moisturize and prep my skin before makeup application. Absorbs very quickly. However, during the cold winter months this moisturizer does not do the trick for me. I wouldn't recommend for people with dry skin.

on 2/14/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer! I have very oily skin and I knew I needed a light weight moisturizer that I can use all the time throughout the year. I love this product because it absorbs nicely and quickly and I can put my make-up immediately after. My skin is super soft and has never felt better! I would recommend this product for everyone who has oily skin but, its definitely not for someone who has dry skin! I have bought multiple bottles of this product and don't plan on switching moisturizers anytime soon!

on 1/21/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

So for years i've had an issue where i've always known about the importance of moisturizing my skin but then i'd buy a moisturizer, and about 20 mins later, my face would feel like a virtual slip-n-slide. I wound up with the same result nearly every time, so much so, that i stopped using moisturizers altogether. Well after a visit to the laser doctor last year, she told me about the importance of moisturizing, but that since i had oily skin, i had to look for gel moisturizers and sunscreens, or ones that left a matte finish, if possible. Taking her advice i first tried the Cetaphil moisturizer only to find that it didn't really didn't hold up the matte effect for very long, and i didn't really like the feel of it on my face, especially under makeup.

So, fast forward to this year, where the winter had brought about peeling around my mouth, cheek, and nose area, turning my normally oily skin into combo skin. I hit up Target aiming to get a gel moisturizer, knowing that Oil of Olay had one (the Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer). However, when i'm there, i noticed this little Clean and Clear version and the considerable price difference made me choose this one instead. I washed my face as soon as i got home and put it on and wow! It literally made my face feel like a baby's bottom. It has a very pleasant, fresh scent, and it really does have a refreshing sensation once you put it on. For all of you who suffer from oily skin and need a light-weight moisturizer that hydrates just enough, i highly recommend it. It'll feel like a dream under makeup, especially for those of you who, like me, wear medium to full coverage foundations and powders and live in a relatively hot area. Cannot recommend this moisturizer enough.

on 1/10/2015 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product. Oh my goodness this product. It's one of my two absolute favorite moisturizers.
I came to discover this product because I needed a moisturizer to take with me in my carry-on 'cause I was going to visit my boyfriend in Texas, and my other moisturizer is larger than the 3oz requirement. I saw this and figured I may as well try it, the worst-case is that it just doesn't work, right?
This product is amazing. I was worried that, seeing as I'd be in the INCREDIBLY humid summer of San Antonio, it'd feel super gross. Not to mention the fact that I'd never used a gel moisturizer before and I was worried I'd be super oily as well.
This moisturizer is so lightweight yet moisturizing that it felt amazing despite all the humidity. My face was ridiculously soft (as my boyfriend also commented on), moisturized, and I didn't break out at all from it. While going through my morning face routine with my boyfriend (he was wondering about my amazingly soft face), I playfully put some of this on his cheek and he spent the rest of the day saying how soft his face felt because of it. It also has a fantastic smell that's not overbearing.
Because of how light this moisturizer is, I've also been able to put an spf15 moisturizer over it without feeling gross or sticky as well.
I could talk about how wonderful this moisturizer is for daaaaays.

on 1/2/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am so happy with this as a daytime moisturizer! I have sensitive, dry and acne-prone skin, which is rather difficult to appease. There are very few products I can use on my face that don't irritate or breakout my skin. My skin is highly reactive to cety alcohol, which is in almost all moisturizers, and I was very excited to find a drugstore moisturizer - this! - which didn't have it.

This moisturizer provides lightweight hydration, perfect for daytime. It absorbs quickly and does not create any discoloration or film on top of skin. I put it on moments after washing my face and can put my makeup on top of it almost immediately. It provides a nice, smooth base for my CC creme and doesn't smear or ball up. You can use it around the eyes with no stinging or burning. It's gel-ish consistency feels smooth, fresh and clean; never sticky or goopy. It's not deeply moisturizing, but just enough to soothe skin and take the edge off of that dry, tight feeling and/or minor flakiness. My skin feels softer, smoother and overall better after using it.

Some have complained about the smell, but I like it. I like cucumbers but this doesn't smell like that to me. It does have a light, fresh, slightly fruity scent - which fades quickly.

I've had none of the burning, stinging or irritation that some of the other reviewers with sensitive skin mentioned. My skin has responded very well to this, in that it has only "accepted" the hydration happily and not broken out or become inflamed at all. This is a small miracle in itself.

I'm so happy I found this wonderful moisturizer for daytime. I still love my ELTAMD Melting Moisturizer for a deeper night moisturizer, but this is a wonderful gem to add to the skincare routine. I'd been looking for a non-irritating, not pricey day lotion that still moisturizes effectively for over a year and have finally found it with this.

The squeeze tube packaging is clean and convenient and the price is very reasonable at about $5. I can't recommend this enough!

on 12/21/2014 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This gel moisturizer provides minimal hydration. I put it on and after 20 minutes I feel like I never put on anything at all. However, this isn't always terrible. My skin does feel super soft. In the Summer time I really enjoy using this because it's so lightweight and smells amazing. It doesn't clog my pores and didn't break me out which is obviously a good thing. I like using this in my skin care routine after my serums to sort of lock it all in. This also provides a nice base before I put on BB cream.
So, while it's not really hydrating, it still has its uses.

on 12/21/2014 7:00:00 PM

I just bought this the other day cause I was looking for an oil-free moisturizer, and I've only used it once so far and it's not too bad. I use an prescribed acne product that makes my skin dry and after using this and the acne product together, my skin wasn't as dry, except for a little patches but they were no big deal. I paid $8.99 for this, so I thought it was a little pricy for its size, but so far it's not too bad. The texture and smell are also pretty good.

on 12/15/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product, because it has no acnegenic ingredients when all other budget moisturizer I could find did. Pros.: absorbs well; makes skin look matte; oil-free; don't feel it on my face. Cons.: the smell is very strong and unpleasant. Although it smells good to other people, I prefer light or unscented products. I put know to "buy again", but might change my mind if it doesn't break me out. Right now the scent is too strong for me to repurchase. Advice: wait at least half an hour after you wash your face to apply, the longer the better. Applying right after washing or acne gels can be what makes skin burn.

I want to update the review after using the product for some time. It takes care of dry skin very well just with small amount and makeup looks good when applied on top of it. Very light formula. Absorbs well. The smell actually feels good and wakes you up in the morning. It is not unpleasant anymore, just strong. I can't say whether it adds to break outs or not. Also, packaging is really nice and dispenses the product in the amount you need. Hope that helps.

I love this moisturizer in the summer! It's lightweight, it isn't greasy feeling and it feels very refreshing. For me, it doesn't work in the winter because my skin gets so dry and I need a heavier moisturizer. But as a summer moisturizer, I love it! Very good smell too.

on 11/15/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this because my HG Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer was all sold out and I don't feel like it does anything. It's a very lightweight formula so I would recommend it to individuals with very oily skin. It has a nice gel consistency and a fresh smell, but I think it only moisturizes enough to allow smooth application of your makeup immediately after. If you wait too long after applying it (more than 10 minutes), it feels like there's nothing on your skin at all. I don't think that it's very moisturizing over all and would recommend the Dual Action Moisturizer instead. I would maybe consider re-purchasing in the summer when my skin is oiler and sweatier.