Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Green 5, Blue 1, Yellow 5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer. It is completely oil free and your face doesn't look greasy at all. It is also really lightweight so you barely feel you have it on, yet your skin is still soft and moisturized! I love the smell because it smells nice, fresh and a little fruity, and while some people complain about the smell, it is really light and you can't smell it when you have it on. It also doesn't make me break out. I love this moisturizer!

on 8/11/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Gel moisturizers are generally a safer bet for my acne prone skin so I bought this stuff probably like a year ago in a fit of desperation when I ran out of my regular moisturizer (Paula's choice). I think this was like $6 at Walgreens. I also bought Simple's gel moisturizer (which was like $15 at the time!) and I ended up vastly preferring Simple's gel moisturizer over this one.

This stuff is full of nasty chemical irritants and it's got a really strong scent that could practically double as a perfume. I liked the smell at first but it quickly became too much for me. I don't remember it breaking me out but I do remember it irritating my skin and making it all red. Basically the only good things it has going for it is that it doesn't have alcohol and DID give me a somewhat smooth finish--though I remember it gave me a slight sheen on my face which is just gross.

Also, this stuff has parabens and esters disguised as cetearyl olivate/sorbitan olivate (olive oil) though there's probably less chance of it causing break outs than something with say caprylic triglycerides (or at least that's been my experience--caprylic triglycerides break me out like crazy).

on 7/16/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a great moisturizer and people with oily/combo skin would love the gel formula
It is lightweight and doesn't clog my pores. It feels really good to put on

I do think that it's very basic. That can be a good thing! It doesn't interfere with your other products, but it also doesn't offer any substantial long term benefits. It is a moisturizer and it only moisturizes. It does what it says it will, it's just not an advanced product
Clean and clear is an anti-acne brand but i don't think this did much for pimples. It is great to have a basic, neutral product in your regimen bc it gives your skin a break.

The biggest negative thing I found is the high amount of fragrance. it smells like melons. tons and tons of melons. when I apply it, my face smells like a fruit basket. the smell is very intense, but surprisingly, this didn't bother my sensitive skin as much as I expected, but I still hate the idea of fragrance and additives on my face. I understand the melon sent is bc of its "morning burst" line, to wake you up. Its very fruity melon scent is due and added artificial dyes which is disappointing. If this moisturizer bothered my skin I would stop using it, but it is really lightweight, doesn't clog pores, and I surprisingly really like it. I use it in the morning before foundation, but at night I use a different moisturizer that is heavier and offers more skincare benefits. I really like how this packaging is in a tube

this says it's a lightweight gel moisturizer, and it is!! it gets the job done!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this moisturizer for a few months now and I really enjoy it. Firstly, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I apply it twice a day after I wash my face, and apply a mixture of bio oil and grapeseed oil. I sometimes apply it before my makeup as well if I feel like I need extra moisture. This moisturizer works best applied in thin layers. It wears well under foundation aind doesn't effect it at all. If I have dry patches this makes them smooth, soft, and hydrated. It gives my face a healthy glow. On top of that, it was cheap. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell. It smells like candy. Eww.

on 6/25/2015 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved the smell of this, but it's true that it really smell like candy. If you are fine if your face smell like a candy shop, go for it. The packaging is also super cute.

However, I have to agree with another reviewer, this product is kind of hydrating BUT it rubs in little balls under the makeup and I hate that. I really really hate that. I will not purchase again for this reason.

on 6/18/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I asked my partner to pick up a tube of this whilst at the store.

Pros-none that I can see. It doesn't MOISTURIZE.
Cons- smells like Lipgloss (that sickening sweet smell, like candy)
- made my face itch
- Rubs off in little balls.
This product for me is no good.

on 5/21/2015 9:48:00 PM

I love love love this! I have combination skin and it doesn't make my t-zone oily and it moisturizes all the dry spots! In the winter I just use more than usual to really pack on the moisture. Very light and refreshing. Smells nice too.

on 5/7/2015 2:38:00 AM

This moisturizer is not moisturizing at all. My face still feels dry and rough. However, this product lasts for a long time. Right now I am trying to use this up as quickly as possible. I will not repurchase this product.

on 5/4/2015 11:01:00 PM

Love it! Been using it for over a year now and it's great for oily and dry combination skin. It's a light moisturizer in the summer and I double it with a thicker cream in winters since the dryness can't be fought with this product alone sometimes. Really refreshing!

on 4/9/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this basic, cheap moisturizer! it's great for people with oily skin who need something light and refreshing to go under makeup. it doesn't irritate me or break me out. I like to use it as a base moisturizer and layer it with the dual action moisturizer on top to give it a little something extra. the fragrance is nice and refreshing too. I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't repurchase this!

Popular Moisturizers