December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Lietuva

Absorbs very quickly,light & quite thin consistency,smells great,love the packaging,but if your skin is seriously dry,flaky,you may have to get their Hemp Hand Protector instead,which is thick,rich,yet,doesn't smell that good,in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by vaivut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the scent, but I don't find this hand cream moisturising. It absorbs in seconds, which is great, but afterwards my hands still feel dry. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. This is a really hydrating hand cream that is hard to beat. It smells very earthy and fresh. Not greasy or oily. Saves my hands especially in the winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by AnnaThunderroad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like the poster below me, I HATE hand creams because of the greasy feeling they leave you with, but since I do get dry skin on my hands, I decided to give this a try since it promised to be different. It is true that it does not feel like other hand creams. That nasty feeling doesn't happen, so that's a plus. It absorbs super fast and it doesn't feel like you've just applied hand cream. But, just like the lady below me, it felt like it actually dried my skin out even more! The scent is really special, and in the beginning I totally dug it. It's very unique and refreshing, can't really compare it to anything. But it's also a really overpowering scent that drowns out any other scents on your body, and it lingers on for the whole day. It's one of those scents that you find fascinacting at first, but with each use you get more and more tired of it. At least that's what happened to me. In the end it just started to smell medicinal to me. In any case, it didn't do the job. It is definitely NOT moisturizing. So I'll not repurchase -- in fact I'm struggling to finish the tube that I bought. I'm not a huge fan of The Body Shop in general, their products disappoint me a whole lot more than they excite me, so unfotunately I will have to add this to the list of disappointments. Meh! I'll give one lippie for the scent, one lippie for the pretty packaging ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, I simply bought it for the Absinthe.

I do not enjoy hand cream, they make my hands feel gooey. With this hand cream, The cream sinks very fast and leaves no filmy surface. I also love the scent, it's leafy, slightly zesty and refreshing. However, they do not moisturize well (at least for me). I even feel like having drier palms than usual, isn't that the opposite of what the cream should do? Nothing disturbing though.

Nevertheless, I might buy this again for the scent. The scent stays for a long time and I found it very refreshing to the point where I sniff my hands a lot. Liking the tube design too.

*EDIT: The tube is actually fragile. It's made of thin metal-like material (like paint tube) which you can easily fold. Unlike any other durable and flexible material, eventually you will tear if it's folded for a long time. I put it in my bag all the time and one day it just leaked and smeared all over my bag :|

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does it's job as a moisturizer, but it doesn't go out of its way like the almond did. It spreads easily and is quickly absorbed. I also like the smell. *_* however, I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product yesterday. It lured my attention because of its interesting ingredient absinthe, which we drink as alcohol hahha :) If you don't like the smell of lemon cologne you may not like the smell of this product either; due to its smell's resemblance to a cologne smell. First of all it is paraben free, a really important advantage. Secondly, it doesn't leave a sticky, oily feeling on my hands. I just feel fresh and relieved. Many other hand moisturizers cause me to wait for my skin to soak up them .Finally, it softened my hands. These are my feelings about this product after 3-4 times usage. If anything different happens in long term, I will edit this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by vtomboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this hand cream! As I hate hand creams that leave an oily residue, this one made it to the top list. My hands are not particularly dry and don't need extra moisture but I do like the smell of a hand cream to linger.
This cream smells like spring fields, a bit lemony too and surely fresh. And the smell lasts for at least two hours. My hands feel clean and soft without being sticky. And the price was really low, only 4€ over the counter. I also like the package, as it reminds me of old pastel paints.
I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This hand cream is supposed to be a lighter alternative to the Body Shop's other hand creams, for those who don't want their hands to feel greasy. It has a lighter, gel-cream consistency. Unfortunately, not only is this hand cream not moisturizing enough, my hands actually feel drier after using it - they feel tight, and definitely not moisturized. I'll stick with the hemp hand cream, which is super-moisturizing. Plus I'm not a fan of the fragrance. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The entire absinthe line has an amazing scent, and I wish TBS would expand that into body products because I like it so much. It is very herbal, earthy, and clean, also a bit more masculine, so if you're not into that kind of scent don't go near this stuff; the scent lingers, and it is pretty strong.
Unfortunately, the hand cream is not moisturizing enough for my hands. I have very dry hands. Because the product does not work for me, I would not repurchase, but if they expanded the line into body products I would buy those. I would recommend it only if you need a little moisture in your hands.