The Body Shop Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have really dry skin that cracks and is painful. Tonight I tried the Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream. I found the scent very earthy and pleasant. It definitely moisturizer my hands but not overly so. For example, I was able to use my iPhone shortly afterward without it feeling greasy or slipping. So far I really like it. I do find it a bit pricey but if it does what it should do then I wouldn't mind paying that price but we will see. I will get back to you with an update after I've used it for a few days.

on 10/1/2014 6:09:00 PM

Absorbs very quickly,light & quite thin consistency,smells great,love the packaging,but if your skin is seriously dry,flaky,you may have to get their Hemp Hand Protector instead,which is thick,rich,yet,doesn't smell that good,in my opinion.

on 9/16/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like the scent, but I don't find this hand cream moisturising. It absorbs in seconds, which is great, but afterwards my hands still feel dry. Would not repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not sure where the bad reviews are coming from. This is a really hydrating hand cream that is hard to beat. It smells very earthy and fresh. Not greasy or oily. Saves my hands especially in the winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Like the poster below me, I HATE hand creams because of the greasy feeling they leave you with, but since I do get dry skin on my hands, I decided to give this a try since it promised to be different. It is true that it does not feel like other hand creams. That nasty feeling doesn't happen, so that's a plus. It absorbs super fast and it doesn't feel like you've just applied hand cream. But, just like the lady below me, it felt like it actually dried my skin out even more! The scent is really special, and in the beginning I totally dug it. It's very unique and refreshing, can't really compare it to anything. But it's also a really overpowering scent that drowns out any other scents on your body, and it lingers on for the whole day. It's one of those scents that you find fascinacting at first, but with each use you get more and more tired of it. At least that's what happened to me. In the end it just started to smell medicinal to me. In any case, it didn't do the job. It is definitely NOT moisturizing. So I'll not repurchase -- in fact I'm struggling to finish the tube that I bought. I'm not a huge fan of The Body Shop in general, their products disappoint me a whole lot more than they excite me, so unfotunately I will have to add this to the list of disappointments. Meh! I'll give one lippie for the scent, one lippie for the pretty packaging ;)

on 3/13/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First of all, I simply bought it for the Absinthe.

I do not enjoy hand cream, they make my hands feel gooey. With this hand cream, The cream sinks very fast and leaves no filmy surface. I also love the scent, it's leafy, slightly zesty and refreshing. However, they do not moisturize well (at least for me). I even feel like having drier palms than usual, isn't that the opposite of what the cream should do? Nothing disturbing though.

Nevertheless, I might buy this again for the scent. The scent stays for a long time and I found it very refreshing to the point where I sniff my hands a lot. Liking the tube design too.

*EDIT: The tube is actually fragile. It's made of thin metal-like material (like paint tube) which you can easily fold. Unlike any other durable and flexible material, eventually you will tear if it's folded for a long time. I put it in my bag all the time and one day it just leaked and smeared all over my bag :|

on 3/4/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This does it's job as a moisturizer, but it doesn't go out of its way like the almond did. It spreads easily and is quickly absorbed. I also like the smell. *_* however, I won't repurchase this.

on 11/27/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product yesterday. It lured my attention because of its interesting ingredient absinthe, which we drink as alcohol hahha :) If you don't like the smell of lemon cologne you may not like the smell of this product either; due to its smell's resemblance to a cologne smell. First of all it is paraben free, a really important advantage. Secondly, it doesn't leave a sticky, oily feeling on my hands. I just feel fresh and relieved. Many other hand moisturizers cause me to wait for my skin to soak up them .Finally, it softened my hands. These are my feelings about this product after 3-4 times usage. If anything different happens in long term, I will edit this review.

on 10/16/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely loved this hand cream! As I hate hand creams that leave an oily residue, this one made it to the top list. My hands are not particularly dry and don't need extra moisture but I do like the smell of a hand cream to linger.
This cream smells like spring fields, a bit lemony too and surely fresh. And the smell lasts for at least two hours. My hands feel clean and soft without being sticky. And the price was really low, only 4€ over the counter. I also like the package, as it reminds me of old pastel paints.
I would definitely buy this one again.

on 8/27/2013 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This hand cream is supposed to be a lighter alternative to the Body Shop's other hand creams, for those who don't want their hands to feel greasy. It has a lighter, gel-cream consistency. Unfortunately, not only is this hand cream not moisturizing enough, my hands actually feel drier after using it - they feel tight, and definitely not moisturized. I'll stick with the hemp hand cream, which is super-moisturizing. Plus I'm not a fan of the fragrance. I would not repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products