April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by svendira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, I simply bought it for the Absinthe.

I do not enjoy hand cream, they make my hands feel gooey. With this hand cream, The cream sinks very fast and leaves no filmy surface. I also love the scent, it's leafy, slightly zesty and refreshing. However, they do not moisturize well (at least for me). I even feel like having drier palms than usual, isn't that the opposite of what the cream should do? Nothing disturbing though.

Nevertheless, I might buy this again for the scent. The scent stays for a long time and I found it very refreshing to the point where I sniff my hands a lot. Liking the tube design too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does it's job as a moisturizer, but it doesn't go out of its way like the almond did. It spreads easily and is quickly absorbed. I also like the smell. *_* however, I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product yesterday. It lured my attention because of its interesting ingredient absinthe, which we drink as alcohol hahha :) If you don't like the smell of lemon cologne you may not like the smell of this product either; due to its smell's resemblance to a cologne smell. First of all it is paraben free, a really important advantage. Secondly, it doesn't leave a sticky, oily feeling on my hands. I just feel fresh and relieved. Many other hand moisturizers cause me to wait for my skin to soak up them .Finally, it softened my hands. These are my feelings about this product after 3-4 times usage. If anything different happens in long term, I will edit this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by vtomboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this hand cream! As I hate hand creams that leave an oily residue, this one made it to the top list. My hands are not particularly dry and don't need extra moisture but I do like the smell of a hand cream to linger.
This cream smells like spring fields, a bit lemony too and surely fresh. And the smell lasts for at least two hours. My hands feel clean and soft without being sticky. And the price was really low, only 4€ over the counter. I also like the package, as it reminds me of old pastel paints.
I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This hand cream is supposed to be a lighter alternative to the Body Shop's other hand creams, for those who don't want their hands to feel greasy. It has a lighter, gel-cream consistency. Unfortunately, not only is this hand cream not moisturizing enough, my hands actually feel drier after using it - they feel tight, and definitely not moisturized. I'll stick with the hemp hand cream, which is super-moisturizing. Plus I'm not a fan of the fragrance. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The entire absinthe line has an amazing scent, and I wish TBS would expand that into body products because I like it so much. It is very herbal, earthy, and clean, also a bit more masculine, so if you're not into that kind of scent don't go near this stuff; the scent lingers, and it is pretty strong.
Unfortunately, the hand cream is not moisturizing enough for my hands. I have very dry hands. Because the product does not work for me, I would not repurchase, but if they expanded the line into body products I would buy those. I would recommend it only if you need a little moisture in your hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I am on the fence about this hand cream.

It is quite runny and moisturising only during summer, I suppose.

Has a strong musky & herbal scent that lingers even after all the hand cream has dissipated or rubbed off on my keyboard. I like the scent as it smells clean but I suppose those used to TBS' sweet scent will not like this at all.

But I have very dry hands so this just isn't moisturising enough. Doesn't hurt my eczema, though.

EDIT 4th July 2013:
I used this on my body during the (very mild) winter in Sydney. The smell is so so good on the body during colder seasons. Very suitable smell for colder weather instead of summer.

FULL INGREDIENTS
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Glycerin (Humectant), Betaine (Hair Conditioning Agent), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Menthyl PCA (Humectant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Artemisia Absinthium Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dipropylene Glycol (Humectant), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).