Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910

on 7/28/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This looked like such a pretty orangey-pink coral on some people, but on my pale skin it turned hot pink :( just not my kind of color, but the formula is really nice and creamy! But be warned, it does smell like Play-Doh which is weird. The packaging is very nice, and I like how they color coordinate their different color lines with the tube colors.

on 6/25/2015 9:08:00 PM

this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product. this is a best product.

on 6/25/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

(This page is labeled 910, but my lipstick tube is labeled 870. Shade name is the same, though, so I'm putting my review here.)

First off, I love the formula of all the Color Sensational line of lipsticks, and this is no exception. It has a pleasant vanilla-y smell (which some might find objectionable but it doesn't bother me), it glides on smoothly, and gives an opaque coat of color. (The only color of Maybelline lipstick I have had trouble with in that regard is Pink Pop, which is very light, but the other colors, including Shocking Coral, have not had this issue.) The texture on the lips feels creamy and not too heavy. It does transfer to some degree while eating or drinking, but not as completely as some other brands, like Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick.

Packaging of the Color Sensational lipsticks is a metal inner tube with a square plastic lid. The lids of these are clear plastic, and come in several colors, but don't always match the lipstick inside. (As far as I can tell, all the Vivids have an orange tube, all the Buffs have a light brown tube, etc.) When digging around in my purse or makeup bag, my favorite packaging is a colored tube that matches the product inside, so it's easier to find which one I'm looking for. So, this packaging is adequate, but not perfect. (Still better than lipstick tubes that all look alike, no matter the color family, such as Revlon or L'Oreal.)

However, I'm not sure if this color has batch variations or what, but it really does not match what I see on the website, which is a much more orangey coral. My tube of Shocking Coral is very, very pink. I would call it more of a magenta or hot pink than a coral. In the tube it looks a little more orange, but smudges on the metal of the tube as well as the lipstick on my lips - very pink. It's still a nice color, but it's not really what I was hoping for. I don't think I would buy this exact color again - but if I found a more orange version of it I probably would.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick, even by all accounts it should (and probably does) look hideous on my Irish colouring. However, it's just so neon and vibrant I can't even try to dislike it- I can see why others may hate it for the same reason though, it's definitely a Marmite colour. Took a lipstick off because it really isn't coral, and because it really does need a lip liner to reach full opacity.

on 4/22/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was hesitant to buy this after reading here that it applies hot pink, but I got it anyway. Although on my hand it swatches hot pink, on my lips it's definitely a very very bright neon coral, not hot pink at all. I posted a photo, too.
Everyone knows how good this range is in terms of texture, pigmentation etcetera so I won't elaborate on that anymore.

on 4/8/2015 12:08:00 AM

An intense, matte, chalky looking bright pink lacking the shine and moisture of Electric Orange which surprised me. Odd since both are from the Vivids line. Forgive the following description but this looks like it belongs on a corpse or on a happier note a tanned Malibu Barbie. This is nowhere near coral on me and I look weird wearing it.

on 2/25/2015 9:56:00 PM

More like shockingly not coral.
There were no testers available and i had no mobile data to search a review but i bought it anyway because it was on sale. Unfortunately this colour does not suit me.

How did i even buy things before make up alley? 😭😭

on 2/5/2015 3:21:00 PM

My ultimate, go-to lip colour for that special pop of colour!

on 1/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first Vivid, now I have 4. I love this color. Yes, it's a pink leaning coral, but I'd still call it coral. Especially when you compare it to their other pinks. I didn't want the orange shades and I didn't want the pink shades. I have a million corals, they're all different and this color is bright, opaque yet shiny, unique and flattering. I love the feel of this line (A LOT) and the pigmentation as well. Not to mention the price is great. Really can not complain here.

on 12/27/2014 7:15:00 PM

I think this gives me a nice neon color on the lips. When you put it on your hand it looks sheer and shiny. But when you put it on your lips it look matt and morsturising. I think the rest of the Vivid collection would be great. Plus it is great for all seasons really. And for summer and winter also. So far I really like no problems so far (knock on wood). But I can't wait to try it out even more.

Recommended for Medium Skin