October 25, 2014 | 862 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids - Shocking Coral 910

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love these lipsticks by Maybelline! :) Shocking Coral is a very bright, vibrant coral pink shade - on my lips it appears very pink not a coral really but it still is a beautiful shade. I would say this lipstick is not shiny or matte but more of a sheen finish. I noticed this lipstick also has a bit more drier texture than the other Vivid lipsticks but it doesn't bother me. I just apply a little bit lip balm before applying this on my lips. Great pigmentation, great color and great price (8). I would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by louloulemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick. The colour payoff is excellent for a drugstore product, it lasts a long time before I have to reapply and the shade is beautiful for the summer months.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

I was SO disapointed in this color! When I think coral, I think an orangey pink shade. This may as well have been a bright pink lip on me, which is the one color I hate on myself. Don't name a shade coral if it's not!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice pinkish coral (almost too pink to be a coral, on my lips is more like a fuchsia, but a nice color though) the package is tacky, but it does not bother me too much since this is such a cheap lipstick with a great color payoff. The only down side: I find it really drying to my lips :(. I wear lip balm before applying it, but after an hour or so, my lips start to peel in hideous way. I will stick to MAC Cremesheen and Mineralize lipsticks which are the only ones that I find not drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

AMAIZNG! This colour looks great on all skin tones I'm NW25 and I love the pop of colour this gives me it's a pretty pink with a touch if coral to make it stand out! Definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by evilshrub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is awesome! I'm a redhead who usually plays it safe with lip colours, going for subtle coral colours. I did think this lipstick colour would be more corally, and in artificial light it kind of is, but mostly, it's a full-on bright pink. I'm now a convert to statement lip colours.

The formula of this lipstick is just great. It doesn't create more dry patches and feels quite moisturizing. For such a bright colour, it stays on the lips for an impressive amount of time. When it does start to wear off, it does it gracefully, without leaving a dry, flaky colored ring on the lips... More of an even stain, which is great.

This was the first of four lipsticks I've bought from the Color Sensational range. I'm obsessed now! They do have their differences in terms of how they wear, but overall these lipsticks impress me more than any other, and this one stands out as one of my favorites. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a red lipstick junkie but I did try this when rite aid was havering a sale it's more of a pinky coral then orange beautiful and lasts a while I'm gonna try more of the vivids when there's a sale going on again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by woobwoob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty much the HG bright fun summer lipstick. It looks a little more orange in the tube than it actually is, on your lips it's more pink. It's very pigmented so you don't need to put layer after layer on just to get the tube color. The formula is creamy and non-drying just like all the other color sensational lipsticks. You could probably get away with not wearing any lip balm underneath this as it almost feels like one itself, my lips always feel softer just wearing it alone. It has a medium strength smell, but not overpowering and it's some sort of fruity cononut smell which I personally find very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Diorxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybelline really has out done themselves with the VIVIDS! I have almost all of them and I absolutely adore them! The pigmentation is incredible for a drugstore product! Long lasting only one or two touch-ups throughout the day! This color is super bright, I would definitely say its more hot pink than coral. Only failure is the packaging. The top seems to slide right off while its in my bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Seems to work for everyone else but me

CONS:
- Definitely pink, not coral
- Unpleasant application due to weird, grainy consistency
- Flake city, makes my lips look diseased even if they're hydrated and smooth
- Settles into lines (like, every line) which is seldom an issue for me

BOTTOM LINE:
Complete waste of money. I've tried many times to make this work, but it always looks disgusting.