April 19, 2014 | 1674 users online

BB Cream - amore pacifica

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is not technically a BB cream. It is labeled a CC cream which stands for color correcting. It certainly seems like a BB type cream to me. It hydrates, has skin nourishing ingredients, is tinted and very light in texture. Amazingly enough, it also provides spf 50. This is a very unique product. You apply it with the special sponge that comes with it. You press the sponge into the "foundation" which comes in a sturdy compact and dab it onto the face. I have rosacea and generalized redness on my checks and forehead. I normally use a strong concealer for those areas, under my foundation. I was surprised to find that this light weight cream covered everything up nicely. No settling into lines and it lasts extremely well....all day, in fact. I am loving it so far as it is a nice change from my usual routine of moisturizer, sun screen, concealer and finally foundation. I just used this one light product. Now for the bad news: there is an overpowering powdery fragrance when you first bring the product close to you face. It does dissipate quickly, but it is strong. There are only a few shades available. I chose the lightest shade: tan 104. It looks dark and orange in the compact but goes on perfectly on my NC20 complexion. I have light olive undertones. It comes in a bulky compact that I don't see myself carting around with me in my purse. So far, the staying power is quite good so I don't really see the need to keep it with me through out the day. It is expensive. I paid $60 for it at Nordstroms. However, the compact comes with a refill. You don't need much so I expect this to last me at least several months before I need to add the refill.
As the weather is really heating up where I live, I am enjoying using only one product on my skin instead of four and I am still getting really good sun protection. I have very sensitive skin in addition to the rosacea and so many beauty products irritate my skin and cause it to flare up like a sunburn. In spite of the fragrance, this product has not caused me any problems whatsoever. The coverage is a good medium but it is so natural looking that it does not appear that you are wearing any foundation at all. I wish it came in many more shades as it really needs to match your skin tone in order for it to look as if you are not wearing anything at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No