NYX Round Lipstick in Stella

3.8

I actually didn't intend to buy this lipstick-- I was browsing the section and dropped it accidentally and the top popped off so I felt that I should buy it in case I accidentally damaged it.
That being said, I'm glad I bought it. I typically buy the same shade over and over again (mainly raspberry/magenta/hot pink shades), so this light coral-y pink is a departure from all the other lip products I own. The color is very interesting, like a neon pink that was mixed with white and peach. I'm a little pale, especially since it's winter, but I think this lipstick would suit someone who is a little tanner than I am.
The texture is a little chalky, and not very moisturizing-- I needed to apply some extra lip balm underneath it. I had to be careful not to apply too much of it-- it starts to cake and stick into the creases in the lips.
But the color is pretty, it's very summery and a little retro looking, and I will try it again when my skin gets a bit tanner later on in the summer.

on 11/18/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

WOAH this is a super bright neon barbie lipstick! I saw it from afar and really got intrigued. I had to buy it, just for a crazy fun lipstick or for costumes. But considering how wild it is, it's actually not that bad, it's oddly nice. Bold, but nice.

Some Nyx rounds are kind of crappy formula wise, especially the light ones. This one is in the middle, not their best or worst formula wise, but I tend to use my Nyx Eye Shadow Base in White under some colors like this and they stay on pretty well with that. I think I forgot to wear it underneath the other day and it still stayed on better than I expected. I planned buying this but it was totally like an impulse like 'for fun' type of want and I got it super cheap ($1 with a deal). I put that I wouldn't buy it again, but not because I'm not happy with it, I just doubt I'll ever finish this color! But I am glad I own it. It's a fun color.

Beautiful bright Barbie pink. Dupe for Mac viva glam nicki. Such a great value and isn't drying, lasts well for drugstore brand.

on 3/29/2013 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: bright yellow pink

Pros

- pigmented
- dupe for Viva Glam Nicki

Cons

- too creamy

Comments: This is a super creamy bright yellow pink. It will lean more coral or pink depending on your skin tone. The color is gorgeous, highly pigmented, and a great dupe for Viva Glam Nicki. If you swipe it on it will look messy and streaky. Dabbed on and its perfect. Layer this on top of a light concealer and you've got yourself a serious neon flamingo pink lip!

Will repurchase.