Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender

3.2

on 3/3/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am surprised by the negative reviews here. I really - and I mean REALLY - love this product.

Although I have dry skin, I feel the need to do touchups quite frequently. The crappy thing about using powder for this as it adds too much unnecessary color and diminishes the more natural look I am going for, can add an extra heaviness I don't need, and at time tends to cake (depending on the weather). And overall, using powder throughout the day is just kind of a "no-no" after age 35. So when I researched this product, I was intrigued.
If shine control is what you are going for, this stuff does the job. If you need to refresh your foundation hours in and wanna skip adding more powder, this really does bring you back to that "just applied it" state. Most importantly I find that when using this product it doesn't mess with your foundation - the sponge wont smear it or pick it up at all. Now that I have this, I rarely even set my morning makeup with a powder anymore; I just use this on my nose, chin, and forehead. All of this sounds so simplistic yet this product is genius. It is definitely a new HG for me.

I can think of only two cons: 1) the sponge is sooooo bulky! I am not sure what that's all about. The second would be the price tag of $40 - OUCH. However, this will probably dry up or get old before its all used up so in my shopaholic brain, spending 40 bux on something that will likely last upward a year isn't an issue.

I HIGHLY recommend you try this product in place of powder for touchups throughout the day. It works for dry skin or oily and all in between.

on 12/5/2013 2:49:00 PM

It broke my skin out.

on 11/4/2013 4:23:00 AM

First off the packaging: the sponge is so huge it doesn't fit into this 40$ compact, that really sucked. Not good for portability. Now the product itself... They should have called this the makeup separator. No matter how I applied this product it caused my makeup to separate on my face.... I've tried it several times with several foundations, and each time I hated how it made my foundation look. As for absorbing oil.. Yes, it does do that, but it really isn't any better than a setting powder. I will be returning this to ULTA ASAP.

I find Mally's products are often let down by the packaging. I bought this and it performed well but the casing broke within a few days and now I can't carry it round with me, which was the whole point. Otherwise it is very good at mattifying oily areas, ideal for daytime touch-ups. But still too expensive, as with all Mally products.

on 3/26/2013 6:34:00 PM

To be clear -- it's NOT a powder. (But you use it like you would a powder, so that's the closest category I could find.) It's clear and you blot in on to take down the shine w/o adding a layer of powder to your face in that mask-like way that can happen. And you won't end up w/powder in your eyebrows from blotting your forehead -- I hate that! It also keeps a certain dewy-ness to your skin which a powder obliterates. There's a mirror and a puff in the compact for easy application.