November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - long wear megatint lip stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the megatint lipstick in punch as part of a set. Initially, I was slightly reluctant to try it as my experience with some of these tinted lipsticks is the drying and separation effect.
Firstly, no drying effect at all - it goes on like balm but has quite a pigment to it that it ends up slightly matte. Secondly, no feathering or separating. I put it on and had two glasses of wine and ate a meal and I did a touch up but that was more because I like my lips filled in but it wasnt that necessary. The tint remained. There was no lip to glass transfer either. The colour was a dark pink poppy colour - it was stunning. I have tried it with a gloss over the top and it looks great, although staying power is a little less as the gloss comes off but otherwise this is a very good product. I was pleasantly surprised and will buy again without hesitation. To prove it's staying power you do need a good cleanser as the tint definitely stains the lips. No bleeding or use of pencil was required either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Lynn2013

This is the most basic l/s you could find, and find it at the drugstore if you want. It is not long wearing by any means and not moisturizing either. The only thing it has going for it is the shape of the applicator, which is long and thin like many others. Don't bother. Nice colors though, all versions of red or wine.