December 21, 2014 | 1643 users online

Blush - MAC - Unconventional

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite blush in terms of color. Received in a swap, and it was exactly what I've been looking for-- a pale blush with just enough lilac to it without looking too purple. It applies smoothly and gives a healthy glow. With a lighter hand I think this would look amazing on darker skintones as well!
Only downside that I wish I could take half a lippie off for is the longevity. This virtually disappears from my cheeks in a mere hour or two. So far I'm still experimenting with various setting products that seem to help a bit. I've been meaning to try out Fix+ as well.
Overall I would definitely repurchase this gorgeous shade :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I have been searching and searching for a very cool-toned blush for the longest time. I have a lot of redness in my skin, and need colors that counterbalance that-either warm peaches, or very pale colors. The color I'm looking for has to be almost pale enough to be a highlighter. I really thought MAC Well-Dressed would be the perfect blush for me, but unfortunately it's still a bit too pink. I don't have a problem with it being the wrong color, as that's a preference, not a product flaw, but it's also incredibly unpigmented, and the texture is very obvious and powdery when built up on the skin. (Also tried NARS Gaiety, also not pale enough.)

Unconventional is a true pale lilac, and perfectly diffuses the any redness on my cheeks that might show through my foundation. The problem again here is the lack of pigmentation and chalkiness when the color is built up. It's also in MAC's Frost formula, but isn't reflective enough to work as a highlighter in my opinion. For those reasons, I had to knock off the two points. Too bad, because the color is PERFECT, and the staying power is excellent. On to Illamasqua Katie, methinks.