NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 4/14/2015 1:16:00 AM

This concealer is a creamy consistency like the name suggests but don't be fooled like I was into thinking that it's moisturising! This made my under eye area bone dry unless I moisturised very thoroughly and even then towards the end of the day when my skin is naturally more dehydrated and less fresh, this didn't look great. The coverage was good and the lipgloss style applicator had me reaching for it when I was short for time over MAC's PLW or RMCA's VK Palette (both of these options are messier and require cleaning up to some degree) however the end result is not particularly natural on my thin, not all that youthful under eye area. I infinitely prefer Maybelline's Fit Me concealer or the previously mentioned options but Fit Me has the same wand applicator that's so convenient. Granted I need two layers of the Fit Me (blend and allow time to dry between layers) but the end result looks like I'm not wearing concealer, which is what I want.

THIS PRODUCT SUCKS! If you have dry under-eyes (dry skin in general), this product will not be your friend. The concealer has a very dry consistency, and is not forgiving if you were to put too much on. It doesn't blend well, and is extremely drying for underneath the eyes. I'm in my early twenties; I don't need a product that creases underneath my eyes, and makes me look older because of the caky creasingness. I've had MUCH better luck finding drugstore concealers that work wonders. Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous concealer is creamy, and is a much thinner consistency. I'd recommend that one. Plus, it's way less expensive.

I tried to use this product up by using it as an eyeshadow primer.

on 4/13/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love love love this concealer! I It does not crease what so ever.

on 4/13/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in vanilla. I have tried several types of concealers and this quickly became my holy grail. Other concealers tend to crease easily on me even with a primer, but this one doesn't crease.

I only need the smallest amount of product to cover my dark circles, even though they are quite dark; I can tell this product will last a long time. Definitely worth the price!

on 4/12/2015 10:55:00 AM

Love love love this concealer, little pricey but stays on well and gives a nice finish, packaging is good but the applicator can get rough after considerable use.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the caramel shade in this and this is my 6th or 7th tube that I'm on. It's great but not perfect, it does a great job of and covering but if not well blended it creases. It is by the far the one concealer that I'm happy with, I used the MUFE's concealer in the past but was not a fan of the pen and thought that there was very little product

on 4/9/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG concealer. I use it in blemishes and under my eyes. Sometimes when I'm too lazy to wear anything else, I'll just use this to spot conceal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been addicted to MAC Pro Longwear Concealer the last couple of years, but decided to give this a go. And that was clearly the right choice.
This concealer is super creamy and gives a great coverage. Its a lot easier to work with than the Pro Longwear is. I also think it lasts better on me and creases less.
This will definently be a rebuy!

on 4/6/2015 12:15:00 PM

This does everything it promises. It is creamy, radiant and it conceals. My skin is pale and cool toned, so vanilla matches my skin. But I use the shade honey (darker and slightly orange on me) as a corrector mixed with vanilla. This method covers my dark circles better than anything I have tried, especially the bobbi brown corrector which I found way too thick. Though I've found that mixing the bb corrector with this concealer also works great. I have also tried the maybelline dupe for this and it is extremely similar. Both concealers have a similar texture and give a lovely glow to the skin. However, I've had the NARS concealer for longer than the maybelline and used it more, yet the nars looks brand new. The maybelline one is running out much faster and seems to have separated in the tube. Lastly, the shade range in NARS is better. So I will probably buy another NARS concealer in Chantilly for highliting. I would absolutely recommend this, but if you find the price too steep then the maybelline one is still worth checking out.

For reference, I have an olive skin tone and purchased this in Custard. I get the best results when I use this right after applying an eye cream, blending out with a setting brush/my fingers (I usually get better results with the brush), then setting with a translucent powder. Setting with a powder is a MUST for this concealer - if not, it settles in my fine lines and fades away much quicker. It clings to dry patches, so I like to spray MAC Fix+ if I have this problem. It's very pigmented, I have very dark under eye circles and this has covered them better than any other concealer I have tried. I usually touch this up once a day because it wears off slightly and easily wipes off if you accidentally touch that part of your face. For those with very dark under eye circles, I'd recommend applying the Bobbi Brown eye corrector before this because once it begins wearing off, you get that grayish look. Meh. In summary, it's impressive but it still has faults. I heard a lot of hype over this product and for $29, I expected a miracle of some sort.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products