Chanel Beryl

3.5

on 2/14/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I brought this as a valentines day present to myself after lusting after many items in Channel's new spring 2013 collection. Love the built in sharpener on the end! Like the reviewer below I bought it as a waterline colour intended to make green eyes pop more when wearing a neutral eye makeup look. Unfortunately it is not as soft as it could have been and took a lot of warming up and passes over my waterline before I got a solid colour and at NZ$50, and with so many drug store companies producing much softer quality eyeliners, such as Rimmel, I was sorely disappointed. I love the colour but please Chanel, work on the ease of application and it would be also nice if the same colour was produced with a shimmer not a matte finish like Beryl.

on 2/13/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been wanting to use a light eyeliner for the waterline for a while now, trying white, yellow and skin-tone colors. None worked for me to give me a wide-awake look -- until I tried Beryl. I love it! The lilac tones down any redness/yellow in the eye, and it's very subtle but shows up well on my NC20 skin tone. I didn't think I'd like it when I tried it, and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought it right away. (: