July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - colour experte Truffle 5.1

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've spent upwards of $200 on a base color and highlights.
While I know it's not easy - in these uncertain economic times I thought - be brave and try this! I purchased L'oreal
Coulor Experte in Truffle 5.1 for about $14.00 at Ulta
(before $3.50 coupon). All I can say is WOW! This is the only haircolor I know that combines the base and highlights in one package - so this is a great deal!
I wanted a medium/dark brown with NO brassiness (my natural color is red - which at times salons have made orange). This is EXACTLY what I wanted/got for the base.
With any hair color - I always do the patch test because I have tattoos. I feel the success of the hair color depends on coverage. I have fairly long hair and this covered completely. Beautiful! So beautiful I almost skipped the highlights and I am glad I did not. I studied all of the warnings on this site and other Internet sites. I knew to leave the hightlights on the full 25 minutes - unless I wanted orange highlights. They also turned out beautifully! Some caramel, some blond. I did a little chunking but was too chicken to do full chunking. I will next time. My only error was to not put enough highlights in the bottom half but it looks like reverse ombre.
I cannot recommend this product enough. I lost track of some of the highlights, so I will use foils next time. The fingerpad got the thumbs down on this site, but it worked for me. I am truly happy with my hair - much more so than when I leave the salon. GREAT PRODUCT!