FLOWER Beauty Lip Service Lip Butter (All Shades)

on 7/16/2015 10:28:00 PM

I got this in the color "Barely There" after Tati, aka GlamLifeGuru, recommended/raved about it. I was admittedly hesitant, as I had bought one of these a couple years ago and did not care for it.

First off, the color on my lips looks like nothing she swatched on her hand. Again, that is mostly my mistake, because I know lip products very rarely look the same on the lips as they do on the back of the hand. But..this totally 'nuded' my lips out, ie, this gave me 'corpse' lips. Not pretty and not flattering at all. I can't even see layering this over top of something, because the pigmentation is so poor.

Second, it settled in the fine lines of my lips and gave me 'old lady lips'. Just looked bad. Also, for a 'balm,' I did not find this moisturizing at all. In fact, I found it to be quite drying.

Lastly, the packaging. While it is pretty to look at while sitting on the vanity, it is not very practical and very bulky, just not a fan of that. The package looks pretty, but feels cheap.

I wanted to like this, I really did, because it looked so pretty in the swatch. But this will likely be going back. I know it was only like $7.00 or so at Walmart, but this is like the 4th, 5th, maybe even 6th Flower Cosmetics product that I bough that was a fail. Their eyeshadows are quite nice (even if some of those can apply patchy and not that great of pigmentation), but pretty much anything else I've tried from them was a fail, for me, anyways.

I just need to give up on this line. Pity, because some of the colors of many of the items look really pretty. But the performance is not there. At least not for me..

on 5/31/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Again, lip butters are all so different in intensity, slickness and staying power. This is okay but I absolutely hate the shape. It's hard to apply no matter which way you hold it.

on 5/10/2015 1:25:00 PM

The packaging ruined it for me. The cap does not stay on. What good is a lipstick if you cant carry it in your purse for the day? It sat sadly in my bathroom drawer and eventually i just threw it away. Disappointing.

on 3/30/2015 8:35:00 PM

I like the actual product, but the packaging sucks. Looks nice, but overtime the cap starts to crack and won't stay on the tube. They need to rethink the packaging to make it more durable. I've had the same problem with the eyeliners. The packaging cracks and breaks easily. I haven't had this issue with any of my other drugstore brand lipsticks or eyeliners. I would buy the lip butters again, if the packaging changes.

on 12/30/2014 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So a while back, after watching Bubzbeauty rave about the Revlon lip butters, I gave one a shot and loathed it. It was heavy, slippery, dried out my lips, enhanced dry patches, and looked gross and uneven. I know some people love them, but I definitely did not. I resolved that lip butter sticks were not for me. Which is why I held off for so long on purchasing the Flower Lip Service lip butters.
But I finally took the plunge. And yay! They are great!
I got the colors Wispy Wisteria (a brighter, sheer pink) and Cherry Chiffon (sheer red). The colors are both beautiful. Wispy Wisteria gives my lips a beautiful pink sheen, without looking bright, garish, or overdone. Cherry Chiffon is the perfect sheer red for days when I want a bit of a pop of color, but don't want to go full-on matte red. Both of these shades make my teeth look whiter.
The texture is phenomenal. It feels lightweight and hydrating, and the finish is semi-glossy, but not gloopy or slimy. I can't attest to the staying power, as I've really only had these for a short time, but so far, it seems to be holding on okay. These aren't touted as being long-wearing, and they are mega-inexpensive, so reapplying is a non-issue for me. Besides, these feel so pillowy and luxurious when applied that it's kind of a joy putting them on.
The packaging is pretty, and so far, I've not had any issues with the cap popping off, but I'm going to be careful to not toss these in the open parts of my handbag. Instead, I'll make sure they are in my little makeup case that I carry with me. If it opens in there, at least it won't get all over my phone/keys/wallet. The cap also has to be on the right way or it won't close, since the packaging is not symmetrical.
As I said, these are inexpensive at about $7 a pop, and I believe they are sold exclusively at WalMart.
I will definitely check more of these lip butters out!

There was nothing extradionary about this product. Some of the colors are pretty. However it doesn't last long and the packaging is terrible. It may look nice but it's horrible to carry in a purse. The top keeps falling off and the lipstick gets ruined.

on 2/8/2014 12:51:00 PM

I really like this product. I think all the good on it has already been said: creamy, glossy, nice color payoff for a gloss, no gross fragrance or taste. I agree that while the packaging is really pretty, for some reason, it's difficult to close. That's no where near annoying enough for me to stop using or buying. I want to try these in more colors. I have this is Princess & a Peony, and I think this will be my choice of lip color for my upcoming wedding. I don't care if I need to reapply, the great color, shine, and moisture are worth it. I also LOVE the fact the company does not test on animals. It's great that I now have a cruelty-free brand I can rely on at Walmart. I highly recommend giving these a try.

on 2/7/2014 9:32:00 AM

I just bought LB3 Rose-y Future and it is so pretty. I'm such a sucker for rosey pink shades. I was ready to run here and give it a glowing review. So why only 2 lippies? Maybe it is just my tube but there is GRIT. Ewww. I'm not sure if it is the fine sparkles (it's not very sparkly at all) but my lips are all gritty after reapplying. Ugh. I might try one or two more shades (the Honeysuckle one is calling my name) but then I'm giving up.

on 1/22/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has quickly become a HG product for me. I have very full lips that are high maintenance. I've always had to use lots of liner and gloss in order to keep my lipstick in place, and even still, everything I have ever out on my lips has feathered. This product does NOT feather, period, even after wearing all day. I do put a lip liner on with it in the morning, but do not have to reapply. This formula is surprisingly long lasting for a butter shine formula and feels amazing on my lips. What I love most is that I don't have to wear a gloss! This lipstick makes me look like I spent a long time dressing my lips when in reality, I just slathered this stuff on. It does begin to wear after 4 hours or so, but it wears off evenly without looking terrible. I have tried almost every lipstick formula from Dior, MAC, Clinique, Lancôme, YSL, Estée Lauder, and even Lip Tar, and this formula beats them all for me.

on 1/14/2014 9:34:00 AM

First, the "butter." This product is as good as Clinique Buttershine in terms of texture and effect. It is a bit more sheer and less color saturated. The shade I got is a very soft coral-red, warm and perfect for day. I do have an issue with the packaging. It looks lovely and the case can stand on its end. But I cannot seem to roll up the sticks without big gunks of product scraping off, which then requires me to clean the case. I have tried applying the smears as cream blush so as not to waste it. That works! Also, the cap has to be set back just so for this to close. I am not a fan of over-engineered lip product containers, as lip color (in my mind) should sort of be brainless to apply. This takes too much work.

Popular Lipsticks