October 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Lipstick - FLOWER Beauty - Lip Service Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There was nothing extradionary about this product. Some of the colors are pretty. However it doesn't last long and the packaging is terrible. It may look nice but it's horrible to carry in a purse. The top keeps falling off and the lipstick gets ruined.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I really like this product. I think all the good on it has already been said: creamy, glossy, nice color payoff for a gloss, no gross fragrance or taste. I agree that while the packaging is really pretty, for some reason, it's difficult to close. That's no where near annoying enough for me to stop using or buying. I want to try these in more colors. I have this is Princess & a Peony, and I think this will be my choice of lip color for my upcoming wedding. I don't care if I need to reapply, the great color, shine, and moisture are worth it. I also LOVE the fact the company does not test on animals. It's great that I now have a cruelty-free brand I can rely on at Walmart. I highly recommend giving these a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I just bought LB3 Rose-y Future and it is so pretty. I'm such a sucker for rosey pink shades. I was ready to run here and give it a glowing review. So why only 2 lippies? Maybe it is just my tube but there is GRIT. Ewww. I'm not sure if it is the fine sparkles (it's not very sparkly at all) but my lips are all gritty after reapplying. Ugh. I might try one or two more shades (the Honeysuckle one is calling my name) but then I'm giving up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Lahlesley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has quickly become a HG product for me. I have very full lips that are high maintenance. I've always had to use lots of liner and gloss in order to keep my lipstick in place, and even still, everything I have ever out on my lips has feathered. This product does NOT feather, period, even after wearing all day. I do put a lip liner on with it in the morning, but do not have to reapply. This formula is surprisingly long lasting for a butter shine formula and feels amazing on my lips. What I love most is that I don't have to wear a gloss! This lipstick makes me look like I spent a long time dressing my lips when in reality, I just slathered this stuff on. It does begin to wear after 4 hours or so, but it wears off evenly without looking terrible. I have tried almost every lipstick formula from Dior, MAC, Clinique, Lancôme, YSL, Estée Lauder, and even Lip Tar, and this formula beats them all for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by LyrA236

First, the "butter." This product is as good as Clinique Buttershine in terms of texture and effect. It is a bit more sheer and less color saturated. The shade I got is a very soft coral-red, warm and perfect for day. I do have an issue with the packaging. It looks lovely and the case can stand on its end. But I cannot seem to roll up the sticks without big gunks of product scraping off, which then requires me to clean the case. I have tried applying the smears as cream blush so as not to waste it. That works! Also, the cap has to be set back just so for this to close. I am not a fan of over-engineered lip product containers, as lip color (in my mind) should sort of be brainless to apply. This takes too much work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a shade like Wispy Wisteria for a really long time. It's a sheer pink/fuchsia/berry and it reminded me so much of a YSL Rouge lipstick I had tried on at Sephora. (The latter was $37, yikes). It's not perfect; the packaging is bulky and I have to keep reapplying after 3-4 hours. However, the pigmentation and price can't be beat. Great quality. Can't wait to try more Flower products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Creamy and so hydrating! It is a lipstick formulated like a balm, and the color payoff is buildable and always glossy. It is a very comfortable formula. I didn't have much luck with the lipsticks in this line. Although I did review them right after I applied and gave positive glowing reviews, I had to change my opinion as the hours of the day wore on and the lipsticks just did not perform well - always drying and leaving an uneven residue. I was careful to not review these lip butters until I had worn them all day to see how they held up.

A very positive verdict! You do not need to apply a separate lip balm before using this - which is so nice! I always had to apply lip balm with the lipsticks in this line - but these lip butters combine lip balm, color, and a gloss - all in one! They felt so smooth and when I checked after wearing for a 3-4 hours, even though the color may have faded a bit, it still gave my lips and even flushed look. I have Haute Honeysuckle and Tempting Tulip. The Haute Honeysuckle is a beautiful MLBB shade. I can say that this really makes my lips look plump and glossy. It is a low maintenance color that looks so natural and just feels so nice on my lips. The Tempting Tulip is a light pink that is just so pretty and youthful ... without being too young!

I hope they come out with a nude color in this line (love nudes). I actually like the packaging as well. The unique shape is very substantial. I just wish the cap was all white like the base... and maybe just have a window at the top to see the color of the actual lipcolor. I think that would make the case look even more classy and expensive. I also wish there was more product inside. More colors please!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my go to lipstick. I have a hard time with traditional lipsticks, especially matte ones because my lips are very dry, so I usually stick with glosses or balms. This product is across between a lipstick, a Chapstick, and a lipgloss. It is beautifully pigmented, but still sheer enough that even the darker or brighter colors are not overwhelming. They make my dry and usually chapped lips feel and look great. I have haute honeysuckle which is a nude to pink color, cherry chiffon which is a beautiful bright red gorgeous, perfect perfect red color that is perfectly red without being coral or orangy, and I have wispy wisteria, a purple color.

I have even started going to bed with this lip butter on my lips because it feels so good on my dry lips. I think it really is more moisturizing than Chapstick and looks great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

'Haute Honeysuckle' is a dead ringer ("dupe") for Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 'Boy.' I have both, and while they do not look like an exact match from the bullet, applied on the lips they are EXACTLY the same color. Same finish, even--glossy, slightly pearlescent. Wish I'd bought the Flower lip service one before shelling out so much cash for 'Boy,' but then again, the Flower line didn't exist back when I purchased the Chanel, so... anyway, bottom line is that these two lipsticks are identical. Highly recommend (either, or both)!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Compared to the other lip butters on the DS market today, this one takes the cake. I'm so impressed with the formula!! So far I only have Haute Honeysuckle, but I can say with confidence that this is total HG status for me. This is the most beautiful nude/pink/peach shade that works wonderfully with my NC40-ish skintone. It is such a sophisticated shade that makes me feel glamorous and not overly done-up.

The formula is thicker than Maybelline Color Whispers and L'Oreal Caresse; however, it is not as thick and gloopy as a Revlon lip butter (which I hate). It is very pigmented and buildable, doesn't dry out my lips and lasts much longer than any of the aforementioned products. It just wears so well!

My one and only gripe is the stupid packaging. While it looks pretty, that's about all it has going for it. It's bulky and fussy. The cap has to fit on just perfectly or it pops off like an un-corked champagne bottle!

I will be going back to purchase many of the other shades from this range.