July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Moon Drops- Love that Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by MissPhryneFisher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a gorgeous statement lipstick, and you can't beat the price. It is comfortable to wear, has nice staying power, and leaves a bit of stain on the lips as it wears off. Very pigmented, and I would say it even applies a little smoother than some of the Super Lustrous lipsticks.

It does, indeed, have a chemical-baby-powder scent, just like L'Oreal lipsticks. Not my favorite, but it isn't overwhelming or anything.

I've added a picture of Moon Drops LTP (on the left), compared to the Super Lustrous LTP. You can see that it is definitely brighter and pinker, as other reviewers have mentioned. Photo was taken without flash, indoors, under a daylight bulb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I don't know where to begin with this lipstick. Its AMAZING. Its part of their new line of shades that are super bright. I forget what they are calling them. "vivids" perhaps? Anyway, this color is similar to NARS Schiapp in that it is a very vibrant, almost neon hot pink. However it is just a bit warmer than Schiapp and I also detect the tiniest hint of coral in it. thats probably what makes it warm vs NARS being a very blue-toned hot pink. It is truly a remarkable color and holds it own against any HE brand of this color. Like the previous reviewer said, no one would guess you are wearing DS lipstick. It looks like MUFE, NARS, Mac, Dior etc.... and I got this with BOGO and a $5 off coupon so basically it cost me about $4. Truly, the most inexpensive piece of makeup I own.

Texture wise it is soft, creamy and very hydrating. The color stains your lips extremely well and looks great with a gloss on top of said stain.

All of this being said, I have to say that my favorite thing about this lipstick is the SMELL. Oh, My. God. I am instantly transported back to my grandmothers house. It has a subtle powdery-floral scent which reminds me so much of lipsticks from the 80's that my grandmother (who was very elegant) and mother wore). I imagine that some people will be VERY turned off by this smell but I LOVE IT. I seriously want to eat it. (I used to eat my moms lipstick when I was little. yes I know, I am beyond strange)

This lipstick looks sophisticated not garish and is amazing for summer. If you like vibrant hot pinks you really cannot go wrong with this. And you can purchase it for a handfull of quarters from your change jar. Well done Revlon. (They also have some lip glosses out right now that are fabulous and I've found dupes for NARS Greek holiday and NARS paris Follies)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this color! It is a really pretty bright pink! I have written other reviews on Moon Drops and what a great lipstick line this is. It is outstanding! Lasts forever and is so creamy!

I wore this today and got two compliments on it! One from a girl at work and one from the sales girl at the MAC counter! I went there to pick up some makeup and she said, "OMG! What lipstick are you wearing? It is soooo pretty!". I told her what it was and she couldn't believe it was Revlon (I am sure she thought I would say MAC or some other high end brand). She kept starring at it and then was all, "Wow! It looks so great!". It really made my day that my little Revlon could get such fanfare.

Also, to Revlon buyers, this is NOT the same shade as the one in the Super Lustrous line that goes by the same name, Love that Pink. It is really different, although both are pretty in their own way. The Moon Drops one is way more pink.

I highly recommend Moon Drops. I actually just wrote an email to Revlon to ask them to re-issue the entire line.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No