August 27, 2014 | 1771 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vichy - Normaderm - Targeted Anti Imperfection Concentrate 2% Salicylic Acid

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shame, I liked the blurb on the box which stated that it;
"Helps reduce sebum secretion on the skin. Reduces the look of imperfections. Soothes skin."

It is in a 15ml tube and once squeezed the product is a light blue, low fragrance crème. Once put on to my skin it didn't sting, even after over zealous cleansing with my microfibre cloth. This was quite noticeable as I had just stopped using the Neutrogena visibly clear treatment, which eventually burnt my skin. Moving on...

This left a weird film on my skin, looked at the ingredients and Nylon-66(film former) is the 2nd ingredient. This meant you have to work kinda fast to rub it in and I don't think anything else you put on your skin afterwards would reach my skin....... This can not work for daytime, which it does suggest to use if necessary, as SS and MU would look like a smeary mess.

Now that I have used this product every night for over a month, until the tube finished. I have to say that it is rubbish, whereby for all of its claims it didn't stand up to any of them. Should I call Trading Standards????? It didn't irritate my skin, but I do not equate that with soothing my skin. My Aloe Vera gel does a better job at taking the sting, inflammation away. Noraderm didn't create any further spots, but as it was so ineffectual the couple of blocked pores that came about were not effected by this product.

In terms of price it cost around £10. Which considering the amount (15ml) and the fact that it is crap I feel this product is expensive. If however it did everything it said on the box then I would be saying this was a bargain. It's all relative.

Bottom line: find something else.