Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

3.8

Snail secretion filtrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, Bis-peg-18 methyl ether, dimethyl silane, polysorbate2-, sodium hyaluronate, carbomer, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydolsyate, triethanolamine, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glyocol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium polyacrylate, centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, camellias sinensis leaf extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, betula platylphylla japonica juice, tropolone, copper tripeptide-1, allantoin, panthenol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, adenosine, disodium edta

I am a believer.

I have been using this 2x a day since Friday. It is now Tuesday. In that time - I swear to you - I have seen pretty drastic results. My skin is acne-prone but that's mostly managed, oily, with redness and uneven texture and large pores. This product noticeably smoothed out texture (my skin is baby's ass soft), minimized pores, decreased ruddiness, and provided an overall balance. It just added something majorly extra that sent my current skin care game up into the stratosphere.

I paid just over $10 for this on Amazon. It's housed in a sizeable pink tube, is clear-ish in color with a slight pleasant floral scent, and feels like a heavier silicone primer on the face. Once it's absorbed though I don't feel anything. It's literally negative gross to use, if that's what you're worried about.

Do your research so you don't get a fake! Also, this is not a moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is possibly my best skincare discovery ever! I am really picky, but I really can't find any cons for this product, it is just fantastic. It has a light gel like texture and absorbs quickly, it has a very faint flower scent which is not disturbing at all and it is great in treating flaky winter skin, I also think it has had an affect on minimizing some fine lines on my forehead. For the price I don't think there is any other product that even comes close in competing with this one, it is just perfect, not all my doubts about putting snail slime on my face have completely disappeared after two weeks, but I just ordered 5 more for myself and as gifts to friends.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I tried this based on a blog I read somewhere about it's being useful for skin irritation. I'm a faithful Paula's Choice user but have some chronic low-level redness every day, I think due to retinol use and living in sunny Florida. Now I know I had it because this stuff turned my skin around! I began using it at night after my retinol/vit C mix and added it in the morning just before sunscreen, and my skin is better - smoother, with better tone and no redness at all! Also works wonders on those occasional breakouts. I know Paula's is not a K-Beauty lover (she went on a rant on her website) but this stuff is great. It's not greasy at all so not sure why it's called gel cream; it's really a gel. No scent and no, not slimy. Bear in mind it's not a moisturizer so if you're dry you might want to top with moisturizer or try another formula. Also, look around online or at amazon because no need to spend more than $10 USD a tube. Snail on!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love it, it is light and feels good on the skin i have been using it for a month and i feel my skin become healthier and glowing so i will order more ☺️

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

74% of snail filtrate is definetly a yes yes for me, so I was very excited to use this gel. No idea why it says 'gel cream' in the name. It's a clear gel.

This gel is a light moisturizer, that's supposed to go over your normal morning moisturizer, and it's meant to seal it in place, so that you have a nice smooth surface to put your makeup on.
When I put it on it turns sticky for a bit and then changes to a very smooth finish, almost like using a primer, so I'd say that it really works like it's supposed to.

The snail content is supposed to heal little wounds faster and soothe the skin, so pimples too. I suppose it would do it more noticeably with a higher %, like the 98% creams etc.. It does help soothe the skin around the pimple, but I don't think it's making the pimple itself heal faster.

I still love it as a moisturizer in the morning, or anytime my t-zone decides to go super oily and I can only use the lightest of moisturizers. I also use it on top of any spot treatments to soothe the skin.

its an ok moisturizer for summer but it would not do for winter. Also on my skin it leaves a slight film that when i wash my face after a few hours it looks like ive washed the gel and nothing got absorbed in the first place..hard to describe

I want to love this, i really do. I love the packaging, i love how my skin feels when this gel glides on my skin, it feels nice and refreshed. But my acne-prone skin seems to hate this snail gel, i get acne immediately in the morning after applying this gel moisturizer the night before.

Shocked in the morning, i stopped using this gel moisturizer for a while until my skin is better, and then re-try using this again for second time (because again i want to love this gel), but nope-- skin still hate it, i got major breakup because of the moisturizer. (sob)

I stil have full tube here, and i use it as my elbow moisturizer and stuff, i think this product does not suit acne prone sensitive skin. =(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'd heard so much about this product, and I really, *really* wanted it to work for me. For the first few days it was fine. I used it morning and evening. But after that, I realised that my skin was going... weird. It's sort of difficult to describe. It was tight and rough, but also greasy. I had to go in to full on emergency-skincare mode (nothing but Avene thermal water cleanser and Lush moisturizer), and it took about a week for everything to settle down. I couldn't even wear makeup for all of that time, because everything clung to the roughness then slid straight off. Not pretty.

Perhaps stupidly, I'm still emotionally invested in making this work. I'm also pretty sure I was using way too much for my skin type. I'm going to patch test by applying it just in the evenings twice a week to a small, unobtrusive bit of my face.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My garden is full of snails so I had to adapt to the idea of putting snail on my face. So I had my tube sitting around for months trying to muster some courage to just ... do it. Then I liked it. Not slimy but a nice gel consistency. I used it once used it twice. I use it weekly but not daily. Unsure if I will ever buy another snail product...
I have not used any other snail product so I can not compare. Does make my skin nice.

The company changed their packaging so I had to call on AB reddit to make sure mine wasn't a fake. Their is literally nothing to prove authenticity on the new "cheap" packaging. This was my very first AB let down. My skin isn't overly sensitive. I get light acne usually just hormonal cycle break outs.

This product was insanely agitating. It felt like my skin was burning. There was no recovery lol just damage. Ugh, Iet myself get whisped away in the hype. My skin wasn't even bad to begin with. Then I went and experimented.

I now need to begin my journey of finding out what the cus in this my skin loathed so much!