Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

3.8

Snail secretion filtrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, Bis-peg-18 methyl ether, dimethyl silane, polysorbate2-, sodium hyaluronate, carbomer, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydolsyate, triethanolamine, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glyocol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium polyacrylate, centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, camellias sinensis leaf extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, betula platylphylla japonica juice, tropolone, copper tripeptide-1, allantoin, panthenol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, adenosine, disodium edta

I don't understand why this product has good reviews. This cream didn't do anything for me!

on 2/9/2015 8:43:00 PM

This is my HG treatment. I have dry/combination sensitive skin. This was one of the first items I bought when I started tumbling down the Korean skincare rabbit hole, and I LOVE it!

It's a lightweight, unscented, non-moisturizing, off white gel. I apply it by squeezing a peanut sized amount on my clean fingers and tap it on lightly until it feels slightly tacky. The gel is completely dry after about one minute, leaving silky smooth skin behind.

I have never experienced any burning, irritation, or breakouts after using this product over the last 3 months.

The best result I've seen is that my skin is definitely more even and bright.

I use the gel twice a day (morning and night) after my skincare routine (Bioderma, Hada labo Tokyo hydrating facial wash, Benton Essence, and then the recovery gel.

The results were almost instanteous. My skin got brighter, glowed even, after about a week of twice a day use.

I'm already on my second bottle of this stuff, and just ordered a backup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a very lightweight formula that is suitable for my oily acne prone skin. It has a watery gel consistency and it contains 74% snail slime filtrate, and it has no fragrance at all. I have another snail slime moisturizer and what I love about this specific beauty ingredient is that it helps my acne scars vanish in half the time they normally take to dissapear. This gel doesn't make me break out and that is VERY much appreciated because it doesn't clog my pores and let's my skin transpire throughout the night. I recommend this very much to anyone with oily, acne prone skin.
You can find this korean gem at EBay for about $5. Hope this review helps!

on 8/16/2014 9:28:00 AM

I am currently undergoing retinol treatment and I find this stuff burns my skin. But I have no problem with mizon 'all-in-one' snail cream.

on 5/24/2014 8:48:00 AM

Mizon is a nifty South Korean brand with a pretty extensive line but not much information directly on the internet.

Many of their products are quality items with leading edge formulations.

This gel-cream is a little marvel.

Considering how cheap it sells for on E'Bay - count this as a beauty steal because it works too.

Your secret weapon.

Whether you have uneven skin tone, wrinkles or even acne - this little beauty is what you need as a treatment.

You won't be disappointed by Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream.

Don't let the snail mucus aspect put you off - its filtered.

And it works.

You have nothing to lose.

on 5/16/2014 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a slightly thicker mucus like (horrific description, I know, I'm sorry) gel which is very light on the skin. It's quite soothing, yes, but definitely nowhere near the miracle skin recovery enhancer all the reviews I read raved about. It was nowhere near moisturising enough for any flaky spots/patches and I didn't notice any difference to my acne scars. I did have a slightly irritated chin one night and slathering this on helped calm it down. Also a bit of a warning, the tube was only about half full when I first opened it!

on 5/9/2014 9:59:00 PM

This is my first time trying out a product with snail secretion in it. This is a milky gel with little to no scent. Applies smoothly and is quick drying. I've been using this in the morning and night time after my toner. This is not very moisturizing if you use it alone. So recommended to use with another moisturizer after. This left my face soft and brightened up my complexion. The redness on my cheeks are gone and lightened up the redness under my nose. It also lightens up fresh scars. Like when you pop a pimple and it starts to heal over..use this. It lightens and fades the scar away. I also have sensitive combination skin. I didn't have any bad reactions to this product. Definitely going to purchase this again!

on 3/21/2014 1:33:00 PM

I love this. This is so unique and works very, very well. This is not really a moisturizer but more of a treatment for cell regeneration. This has helped me to get rid of most of my old acne scars. I put this on my face at night before I go to bed and in the morning my face looks radiant. You can get it for great prices on E-bay. Highly recommend this.

on 3/11/2014 7:40:00 AM

I've tried this gel cream a month a go after reading quite a nice review about it, I have rosy skin tone which is very sensitive and acne prone, and I keep break out along my period which is really stubborn and take along time to heal, because the acne on my last period still there when I had the new one. It makes so hard to have a really clean face because it always come every month . First, I applied the gel for the whole face but it did give me a few small yellow zits around the nose area and cheeks, still wanted to believe that this will works I had applied it the next day but only on the affected area and turned out my acne gets better the next day, it didn't as red as before and the size is much more smaller. So, if you have really oily skin which may cause pore clogging, I didn't recommend you to apply it on the whole face, it might break you out.

on 2/23/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: I have to retract this completely, I have a massive cystic zit on my forehead now, and this is the only product that's new. The rest of my face is nice, so...tread carefully. But it's not worth it for me at all.

Cons:
-Seems to have broken me out-- just a little (noninflamed whiteheads)- after the first time I used it.
-Not particularly moisturizing.

Pros:
-My face looks and feels a lot better.
-those little zits it caused healed pretty quickly.
-Noticable reduction in redness/inflammation around former zit sites.

I thnk I'll definitely buy it again, as it seems to be a much gentler way to perk your skin up on a daily basis and reduce the need for more drastic chemical exfoliants to every once in a while treatments.

Popular Treatments (Face)