September 1, 2014 | 1562 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Although I'm not a fan of the bulkier packaging they aren't hard to store if you've got other cream eyeshadows. This works great for a sheer flush of color, however, if you use more than a thin layer I suggest using a primer because it WILL crease on you. It's quite glittery in the pot but it only comes off as a sheen on my eyes. Overall, it's great for a nude-y eye or school.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Jeanfense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow! I like to apply it sheerly with my finger, and it lightens my eyes so nicely. It can get a little harsh if you apply to much, but it is quite lovely as a hint of color. And I agree that it makes an awesome base for other shadows as well. I have had no problem with application--the formula is super creamy and easy to apply.

I use it nearly every day, usually with Bad to the Bronze. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like to use it as a highlight when doing my eyes and as a base, gorgeous color. So many looks you can create, very versatile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are a very, VERY close dupe for MAC Paint Pots. It is also a pretty close dupe for the Stila Kitten smudge pot. Barely Branded is very close to MAC Bare Study. I am NW15 and use MAC Painterly or Bare Study paint pots as an eyeshadow base daily; it is the only eye primer/base I have found that keeps my eyeshadow on all day, and keeps it from creasing. I picked up the Color Tattoo in Barely Branded to try, and am very impressed with it. This works every bit as well as MAC Paint Pots as an eyeshadow base. I don't wear it alone, but it is pretty enough that I could. Barely Branded is a metallic shimmery champagne. I apply a small amount all over my entire lid up to my brow, let it set for about 30 seconds, and then apply my powder eyeshadow on top. My shadows last all day (about 10 hours) & stay crease-free. And, this is slightly less than half the cost of a MAC Paint Pot. Tip: Make sure the cap is screwed on tightly, and store upside down for the longest shelf life. I use this daily and have also purchased a few other colors to try out. Overall I am quite impressed with these, and I will definitely repurchase this to continue using as my shadow base.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

I'm a big fan of cream shadows, especially for quick makeup days. This takes seconds to apply and looks effortlessly great. When I'm in a rush, I just sweep this all over the lid, curl my lashes and put on mascara. The champagne colour is gorgeous and has a nice shimmer. The consistency is creamy and buildable. I tend to put on eyeshadow primer beforehand, but I've gone without it and still haven't had creasing. There's a lot of product in the pot, and it lasts a while. For only $10, this is a great makeup staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

Used this every time I was going for a shimmery look on my lids. It is a beautiful base and can be used alone as well. It also can be used as a highlighter on the face... When applied with a very light hand. Kept my eyeshadow in perfect condition all day. I just wish the lids were made out of a better quality plastic... I feel like they do not make a nice seal to prevent the product from drying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only Color Tattoo I own, so I can't say how it compares with any of the others. That being said, the colour is very lovely on me -- I have quite fair skin (around NC10-15 in MAC) and this works as a beautiful highlighter on the face. As an eyeshadow though? Not so good.
My main problem with this is that it applies patchy, is hard to blend, and creases within a couple of hours. I originally bought this for a 'sweep and go' type of eyeshadow for my lazy days, but I end up having to use primer with this if I want it to last any amount of time.
For reference, my eyelids are normal to slightly oily depending on the weather, but they fold over in the inner corners like many oriental eyelids do. This is where I get the most creasing throughout the day, and I currently use Urban Decay's Primer Potion to prevent it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these type of colors!

Pairs great with Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Bad to the Bronze. I apply barley branded first with my fingers midway up to the top under my brow then apply Bad to the Bronze from lid to crease. So pretty! **I do apply a light amount of foundation on my eyes before I apply the shadows.

The formula on this one is softer and more gel cream like and not as dry as my Bad to the Bronze. I hope these don't dry out too fast so I will wear this as often as I can and update later!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

The product retails for about $10 at Walgreens but I just bought it on discount for $4.28. And oh my gosh! Such an amazing product! I tend to gravitate towards the shimmery light beige/champagne colors and this one is just gorgeous. The pot contains a fair amount of product given the fact that pigmentation is really strong and you won't need much of it to create a nice look each time. Can be worn as an eyeshadow base or by itself AND its comparable to high end brands pot eyeshadows like MAC's or Bare Escentuals! I definitely recommend this product!
*****UPDATE*****
Wore it all day without primer and guess what? Does not crease!!! Super!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Se7enR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This shade is unavailable in Malaysia however, DH brought it back all the way from Canada and oh my, what an absolutely gorgeous shade! The colour is best describe as champagne beige and it looks stunning by itself on my lids. It is great for everyday look and it's perfect for office. I have nothing but love for this!