November 20, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I have three of these in a pink, a nude and a purple. The only one with decent colour payoff is the purple. They are incredibly sheer but do add a nice gloss to the lips. They're not as good as the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains but are $5 cheaper here in Australia. However, I do find the price of the CoverGirl balms a little steep considering the lack of pigment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Ballet Twist and it is so sheer - a neutral pink - but not enough color at all. So basically for $9.49 I got a lip balm. It's OK but the L'Oreal gloss-balms are better.

It's a pretty boring color - sort of a YLBB - and it does add a nice shine - but there are better products for less money (and for more). I wish I had picked another color - but after reading the reviews, these are on the subtle side.

I have now tried L'Oreal, Revlon and Cover Girl gloss balms (all in a stick/crayon format).
This is OK - but as I said before I like L'Oreal's formula better. (And Revlons colors. Revlon's are minty and I hate that but I love the colors.)

The gloss balm search continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this is colour 235. I'm not sure of the exact colour because it does not say on the product. I bought this for 10.99 CAN which I found to be a little expensive. The colour is a bright pink. At first it was really bold and I didn't really like it but the more I wear it the more I don't hate it. I like the packaging, it's very easy to use. It smells like lipstick. There is no nice fruity smell that comes from it. When I first put it on I noticed the balm feeling right away. The moisturising feeling lasts for about 45 mins which isn't terrible in my opinion. The colour on my lips lasts hours. It's almost like a stain. I'm on the fence if I will buy this again. I kind of want to experiment with different colours but I will find it hard to justify the price

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I found this product to be very drying, not glossy or balm-y, and the colour payoff is quite poor. I bought this in the coral shade (235) and it's a nice-enough pink-y orange shade, pretty and light for summer, but I feel like the Revlon Balm Stains are just far more effective as far as formulation and colour payoff goes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I also had high hopes for this balm stick. I got mine in 213 (cotton candy), thought it would provide a glossy moisturizing, long lasting, neutral color on my lips. Fortunately, I bought mine on sale, but overall, it's a balm w/o spf. It feels great on the lips, but it is very, very sheer. If you like pigment and you are buying it for the color, then this color is not for you, if you have medium skin tone. It feels great, not as hydrating. The gloss is more of a satin gloss. It's not long lasting either. Overall, I feel it is an overpriced lip balm that offers minimum pigmentation.
I do not think I will purchase again. I heard the darker colors offer more pigment, but I will not spend to find out. Heard a lot of hype on this product, tried one out, and am satisfied w/the craving. Will not try again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked the color and consistency of this balm; it's very moisturizing and feels light--I purchased Coral Twist--but the packaging is horrible. The lip product was broken at the base and some of the product was smashed into the inside of the cap because it had been twisted up. I couldn't find the receipt to return, which is why I kept it. I would like to try more of these because I like the feel and the sheerness, but the packaging is so horrible, I probably won't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by butterfly081799

I have two of these and I absolutely love them!! The one I love is #210. I dont remember the name because they dont put them on the lip product themselves but it is the most gorgeous "my lips but better" color. These are so moisturizing and glossy on the lips. They last pretty long and I just love how light they are on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I have this in #240-Apricot Twist. Beautiful coral/pinky shade that is easy to apply without needing a mirror. I do wear a lipbalm (with spf) underneath because it's not as moisturizing as the name implies. It's not glossy either. However, it gives such a beautiful tint to the lips that is low maintenance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by envy4elle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like the Jumbo Gloss Balm by Cover Girl. I think it's a much cheaper (and better-working!) alternative to Clinique's Chubby Sticks, being about $8 at Target, and it's definitely worthy of four stars. I purchased the "Blush Twist," and here's what I thought:

The packaging wasn't anything super special, but I do like the twist-up feature. No messy sharpening! On a few other reviews, the balm was wobbly as it twisted. I didn't actually see that on mine. Also, the actual tint of the balm on the lips does not run true to the color advertised on the outside of the balm, as well as when swatched on my skin. "Blush Twist" appears to be a rich, rosy toned pink on the outside, but actually looks like a soft light pink to me. It might just be contrasting with my skin tone, and the actual color is still good, but I thought that was a little weird!

I do have sensitive skin, but I didn't get any reaction from this product (yay, that earned it at least half of a lippie!). There wasn't any detectable smell and it rolled on feeling creamy, which I like. I did notice that it clung to dry patches and amplified them a noticeable amount, even if they were just slightly dry. Yuck, definitely a 'con' in my book. I found that while it didn't dry my lips, it certainly did not get rid of said dry spots. However, if my lips were plenty moisturized beforehand, it did retain and keep the moisture for a while (longer so than if I hadn't worn the jumbo gloss balm). I didn't find it moisturizing, but more of a lip protectant to keep it moisturized. :) It wasn't exactly a glossy look or feel, but it seemed more of a shimmery sheen. It takes a lot of building up (at least 3 layers) for it to be a little noticeable. I found five to six layers worked best for color (they weren't lying when they said sheer!). Once I did use it, however, it looked great!

It didn't last terribly long and I found myself replacing kind of often, but it was okay. It came off more when I ate, but unlike very tinted balms, it wasn't as easily noticed, which was a plus. It sounds like I'm naming a lot of cons, but overall I do have a fondness for the Jumbo Gloss Balm. :) Not entirely what it's advertised for, so if you have super dry lips and think a tinted balm is the way to go, I wouldn't recommend this one for you! However, it's a good, simple colored lip protectant for me and I use it often. I would definitely buy it again, but bewaring of its faults and using a straw when I drink! It fits in my purse and everyone says the color looks good on me, and I do love the creamy texture. So four lippies it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by zyrse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom bought this in the mauve shade twist (275) but she didn't like it because the color of the top, that´s supposedly shows the color, didn´t match with the real one, wich is lighter and more pink. So she lend it to me, and I´m so glad she did becuase I finally find the perfect color for my lips! My lips feel mousturized when I apply it and I like very much the texture half lipstick, half gloss, and it shines beutifull .Unfortunately you have to reapply often, and when you drink something it stay more in the glass that in your lips, but most of the lips products do, and I don´t like that the long lasting ones dries your lips a lot. I´m definitely buyng this again!