Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

3.7

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vegetable Oil, Caprylic Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Beeswax, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadow foam) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Polyethylene. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Mica, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides, Red 6, Yellow 5 Lake, Carmine

I have Berry Twist and Coral Twist and I like both of them, they are handy little crayons. I like the packaging, they seem to stay capped in my purse, and the texture is smooth and not sticky. They both stain well and one swipe gives a good color payoff. They are moisturized and absolutely not drying at all. The coral is a classic coral color and the berry is a nice purple. Unfortunately they do not last very long, maybe an hour at most. I can't eat with them on or I will definitely have to reapply. I dislike the smell, definitely something waxy about it, but I don't mind that and they don't taste bad at all. The coral lives in my purse and is great for whenever I just need a little something extra.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the Caramel Cream shade and while it's not very glossy in my opinion, really more of a matte lipstick, it's very pretty. Kinda a carnation pink. While it drys about two hours later the wear is really good and makes my lips look gorgeous and full, extra points for the self sharpening aspect too.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wanting to try these for awhile after seeing some pretty good reviews on YouTube, but I already own almost all of the Revlon crayons (my FAVE!) and just couldn't justify it UNTIL I found them on clearance at Kmart for $.75! So, naturally, I bought 5 of them.

I love crayon style lip products. They're so easy to apply and to throw in your bag for the day. They're also generally more sheer than typical lip sticks or creams. These are no different. Super easy to apply, really pretty shades that are sheer and soft, making them great for any daytime look. My favorite are actually the brighter shades, Haute Pink Twist, Watermelon Twist, and Berry Twist because they make shades I normally would never be able to pull off totally wearable and comfortable.

The only one I've worn for an entire day so far is Berry Twist, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it stained. I didn't have high expectations since there are no claims on these being a stain, but it appeared to leave a nice pink color behind after the shine/balm wore off. I'm hopeful that the other bright shades are like this!

A couple shades I picked up were duds for me - Mauve Twist and Apricot Twist had virtually no color pay off on my lips. Apricot Twist had maybe a tiny bit, but Mauve Twist just looked like a gloss on my lips. Apricot Twist was also broken - it works but I have to be careful not to let it fall out of the tube when I use it.

Lastly, I hate that the names aren't on the packaging after you take the cellophane off - only the numbers are. Or at least I couldn't find them.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought Berry Twist #230 on clearance for $3 at Target yesterday, saw it had good reviews on Amazon so I bought it.

It wasn't what I expected upon first application because I was used to the high pigmentation from E.L.F.'s Matte Lip Color to cover my uneven natural lip color which made me unhappy.. ALSO I was shocked that it smells straight up like a crayon!

But I retried it today after reading some reviews & realized that I had it apply it heavily to even out my lip color (which I don't really mind cus it feels pretty light), it's smooth to apply, & I like how this can be used for a casual daily look (since I think bold red lipstick during daytime is too much).

May repurchase in different colors when they're on clearance! ;)

**This review if for the color 270 - Cocoa Twist**

This stuff is amazing! It the absolute perfect shade and formula for everyday, easy wear. The color is gorgeous and adds just the right amount of color. Like what I want my natural lips to look like. lol The name had me worried it would be too brown, but it's the prefect blend of honey brown/nude pink mix with just a hint of gold flecks. (NOT glitter... I hate glitter lip products!) I would say it is more of a balm than a gloss, but that is actually even better for me. The lasting power is completely average, but thanks to the convenient stick forumla, reapplying is super easy even on the go, so that's no biggie. Also, it leaves a little color behind even when it feels like the product is gone. I only didn't give it five stars because I haven't tried any other colors (yet!) so I'm not sure how much I would like them.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the 205 shade, I personally don't like it at all. I didn't like it to begin with but then I got the wet n wild megaslicks balm stain and like that much better. (Plus this is $10 and the Wet n Wild is $3) Anyways, this product is hard to apply, it doesn't apply evenly at all. It'll like skip spots when u run it over your lips as if it moved away from the dry parts. You have to do multiple coats and even then it doesn't look good. Also, the smell is very unsatisfying, it smells just like cardboard. Shame, I had high expectations for this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in 2 shades Blush Twist and Apricot Twist. I like the finish on these they are not 100% matte but not glossy either, a soft natural finish that almost makes it look like your natural lips and not a lipstick or balm. That was my favourite thing about them and the only reason I would consider buying again, Blush had a better consistency than Apricot which for some reason gets a little chunky/flakey. I did not find them moisturizing at all. I like the large pencil design but it's hardly original to this product, there are better similar products out there. Would not repurchase.

I have this in shade 205 - Ballet Twist - and there is basically no color payoff. It's a light pink--a pretty color but doesn't really show up on my lips. It highlights the lines in my lips and lasts about 10 minutes. Worst of all, the crayon broke! I didn't drop it, I didn't even travel with it. It has a cheap makeup/crayon smell but that doesn't bother me because it doesn't linger.

I gave it two lipsticks instead of one just because I've only tried one shade and other shades might be better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm new to this whole lip color thing, I've always just played it safe with clear lip balms and sometimes venture into the tinted balm category. These gloss balms from Cover Girl caught my eye and I am officially in love!! I'm not sure what the shade I love is called though it's a soft nude peachy pink.

Why I love it:

- the color is very natural, almost like my natural lip tone though with a bit more impact
- the feel is smooth and non-sticky
- it lasts a long time
- packaging is easy to use and is very portable
- its a perfect finishing touch to a 'no makeup' look
- this even lasted through my hot yoga class!

So this gloss balm has officially turned me on to an actual lip color! I may even go for a nude lipstick from Cover Girl next.

We don't have Cover Girl in the UK any more, so I like to try and get some products from the range whenever I visit the US. The last time I went over I picked up a couple of these, one of which was in the shade #216 - Cupcake Twist. Going purely by the swatch online this should have been the perfect shade for me - it looks like a really soft rose shade - but in 'real life' it's actually very orange/coral toned and doesn't suit my colouring at all.

On the plus side these apply really nicely and are very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks. The staying power's not the best, but they're marketed as a gloss balm as opposed to a lip stain or lipstick, so I'm happy to overlook that. They're easy to apply and have a nice creamy consistency without being sticky or gloopy. If I'm in the US again soon I'd definitely be interested to try more of these, but only if I can find a store that allows you to swatch them before you buy!