Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

3.7

on 5/3/2015 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought Berry Twist #230 on clearance for $3 at Target yesterday, saw it had good reviews on Amazon so I bought it.

It wasn't what I expected upon first application because I was used to the high pigmentation from E.L.F.'s Matte Lip Color to cover my uneven natural lip color which made me unhappy.. ALSO I was shocked that it smells straight up like a crayon!

But I retried it today after reading some reviews & realized that I had it apply it heavily to even out my lip color (which I don't really mind cus it feels pretty light), it's smooth to apply, & I like how this can be used for a casual daily look (since I think bold red lipstick during daytime is too much).

May repurchase in different colors when they're on clearance! ;)

**This review if for the color 270 - Cocoa Twist**

This stuff is amazing! It the absolute perfect shade and formula for everyday, easy wear. The color is gorgeous and adds just the right amount of color. Like what I want my natural lips to look like. lol The name had me worried it would be too brown, but it's the prefect blend of honey brown/nude pink mix with just a hint of gold flecks. (NOT glitter... I hate glitter lip products!) I would say it is more of a balm than a gloss, but that is actually even better for me. The lasting power is completely average, but thanks to the convenient stick forumla, reapplying is super easy even on the go, so that's no biggie. Also, it leaves a little color behind even when it feels like the product is gone. I only didn't give it five stars because I haven't tried any other colors (yet!) so I'm not sure how much I would like them.

on 4/12/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the 205 shade, I personally don't like it at all. I didn't like it to begin with but then I got the wet n wild megaslicks balm stain and like that much better. (Plus this is $10 and the Wet n Wild is $3) Anyways, this product is hard to apply, it doesn't apply evenly at all. It'll like skip spots when u run it over your lips as if it moved away from the dry parts. You have to do multiple coats and even then it doesn't look good. Also, the smell is very unsatisfying, it smells just like cardboard. Shame, I had high expectations for this product.

on 3/31/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in 2 shades Blush Twist and Apricot Twist. I like the finish on these they are not 100% matte but not glossy either, a soft natural finish that almost makes it look like your natural lips and not a lipstick or balm. That was my favourite thing about them and the only reason I would consider buying again, Blush had a better consistency than Apricot which for some reason gets a little chunky/flakey. I did not find them moisturizing at all. I like the large pencil design but it's hardly original to this product, there are better similar products out there. Would not repurchase.

on 3/17/2015 1:12:00 PM

I have this in shade 205 - Ballet Twist - and there is basically no color payoff. It's a light pink--a pretty color but doesn't really show up on my lips. It highlights the lines in my lips and lasts about 10 minutes. Worst of all, the crayon broke! I didn't drop it, I didn't even travel with it. It has a cheap makeup/crayon smell but that doesn't bother me because it doesn't linger.

I gave it two lipsticks instead of one just because I've only tried one shade and other shades might be better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm new to this whole lip color thing, I've always just played it safe with clear lip balms and sometimes venture into the tinted balm category. These gloss balms from Cover Girl caught my eye and I am officially in love!! I'm not sure what the shade I love is called though it's a soft nude peachy pink.

Why I love it:

- the color is very natural, almost like my natural lip tone though with a bit more impact
- the feel is smooth and non-sticky
- it lasts a long time
- packaging is easy to use and is very portable
- its a perfect finishing touch to a 'no makeup' look
- this even lasted through my hot yoga class!

So this gloss balm has officially turned me on to an actual lip color! I may even go for a nude lipstick from Cover Girl next.

on 3/1/2015 1:09:00 PM

We don't have Cover Girl in the UK any more, so I like to try and get some products from the range whenever I visit the US. The last time I went over I picked up a couple of these, one of which was in the shade #216 - Cupcake Twist. Going purely by the swatch online this should have been the perfect shade for me - it looks like a really soft rose shade - but in 'real life' it's actually very orange/coral toned and doesn't suit my colouring at all.

On the plus side these apply really nicely and are very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks. The staying power's not the best, but they're marketed as a gloss balm as opposed to a lip stain or lipstick, so I'm happy to overlook that. They're easy to apply and have a nice creamy consistency without being sticky or gloopy. If I'm in the US again soon I'd definitely be interested to try more of these, but only if I can find a store that allows you to swatch them before you buy!

on 1/21/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying this is an amazing dupe for the Clinique chubby sticks. It's even packaged very similarly. This is pretty cheap i think $8 or $9 at the drugstore and this is a bang for its buck. This is a very moisturizing lip product and the color payoff is great! Sometimes there are some which are sheer but the darker shades are pigmented pretty well and I definitely recommend!

on 12/29/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

You know, to be perfectly honest, I had such high hopes for these and I am so glad that I only purchased one of them. I had bought the shade Berry Twist and I thought "Wow what a pretty berry shade". I thought it was perfect for fall and winter. Which it is, the shade is beautiful. That's as nice as I am going to get when talking about this product.
First of all, it doesn't even last. Within an hour and a half, I noticed it was already starting to come off. It was patchy and blotchy and the colour just didn't look the same. I was not impressed that I had paid $9.49 CDN for a lip product that doesn't even live up to all that Covergirl claims it does. But hey, if you're a fan of these, great. I'm glad these things work for someone and that they're not a total disappointment. I will not be buying from Covergirl ever again, though. We just don't get along.

I have three of these in a pink, a nude and a purple. The only one with decent colour payoff is the purple. They are incredibly sheer but do add a nice gloss to the lips. They're not as good as the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains but are $5 cheaper here in Australia. However, I do find the price of the CoverGirl balms a little steep considering the lack of pigment.

Popular Lip Glosses