April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I also had high hopes for this balm stick. I got mine in 213 (cotton candy), thought it would provide a glossy moisturizing, long lasting, neutral color on my lips. Fortunately, I bought mine on sale, but overall, it's a balm w/o spf. It feels great on the lips, but it is very, very sheer. If you like pigment and you are buying it for the color, then this color is not for you, if you have medium skin tone. It feels great, not as hydrating. The gloss is more of a satin gloss. It's not long lasting either. Overall, I feel it is an overpriced lip balm that offers minimum pigmentation.
I do not think I will purchase again. I heard the darker colors offer more pigment, but I will not spend to find out. Heard a lot of hype on this product, tried one out, and am satisfied w/the craving. Will not try again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked the color and consistency of this balm; it's very moisturizing and feels light--I purchased Coral Twist--but the packaging is horrible. The lip product was broken at the base and some of the product was smashed into the inside of the cap because it had been twisted up. I couldn't find the receipt to return, which is why I kept it. I would like to try more of these because I like the feel and the sheerness, but the packaging is so horrible, I probably won't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by butterfly081799

I have two of these and I absolutely love them!! The one I love is #210. I dont remember the name because they dont put them on the lip product themselves but it is the most gorgeous "my lips but better" color. These are so moisturizing and glossy on the lips. They last pretty long and I just love how light they are on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I have this in #240-Apricot Twist. Beautiful coral/pinky shade that is easy to apply without needing a mirror. I do wear a lipbalm (with spf) underneath because it's not as moisturizing as the name implies. It's not glossy either. However, it gives such a beautiful tint to the lips that is low maintenance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by envy4elle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like the Jumbo Gloss Balm by Cover Girl. I think it's a much cheaper (and better-working!) alternative to Clinique's Chubby Sticks, being about $8 at Target, and it's definitely worthy of four stars. I purchased the "Blush Twist," and here's what I thought:

The packaging wasn't anything super special, but I do like the twist-up feature. No messy sharpening! On a few other reviews, the balm was wobbly as it twisted. I didn't actually see that on mine. Also, the actual tint of the balm on the lips does not run true to the color advertised on the outside of the balm, as well as when swatched on my skin. "Blush Twist" appears to be a rich, rosy toned pink on the outside, but actually looks like a soft light pink to me. It might just be contrasting with my skin tone, and the actual color is still good, but I thought that was a little weird!

I do have sensitive skin, but I didn't get any reaction from this product (yay, that earned it at least half of a lippie!). There wasn't any detectable smell and it rolled on feeling creamy, which I like. I did notice that it clung to dry patches and amplified them a noticeable amount, even if they were just slightly dry. Yuck, definitely a 'con' in my book. I found that while it didn't dry my lips, it certainly did not get rid of said dry spots. However, if my lips were plenty moisturized beforehand, it did retain and keep the moisture for a while (longer so than if I hadn't worn the jumbo gloss balm). I didn't find it moisturizing, but more of a lip protectant to keep it moisturized. :) It wasn't exactly a glossy look or feel, but it seemed more of a shimmery sheen. It takes a lot of building up (at least 3 layers) for it to be a little noticeable. I found five to six layers worked best for color (they weren't lying when they said sheer!). Once I did use it, however, it looked great!

It didn't last terribly long and I found myself replacing kind of often, but it was okay. It came off more when I ate, but unlike very tinted balms, it wasn't as easily noticed, which was a plus. It sounds like I'm naming a lot of cons, but overall I do have a fondness for the Jumbo Gloss Balm. :) Not entirely what it's advertised for, so if you have super dry lips and think a tinted balm is the way to go, I wouldn't recommend this one for you! However, it's a good, simple colored lip protectant for me and I use it often. I would definitely buy it again, but bewaring of its faults and using a straw when I drink! It fits in my purse and everyone says the color looks good on me, and I do love the creamy texture. So four lippies it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by zyrse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mom bought this in the mauve shade twist (275) but she didn't like it because the color of the top, that´s supposedly shows the color, didn´t match with the real one, wich is lighter and more pink. So she lend it to me, and I´m so glad she did becuase I finally find the perfect color for my lips! My lips feel mousturized when I apply it and I like very much the texture half lipstick, half gloss, and it shines beutifull .Unfortunately you have to reapply often, and when you drink something it stay more in the glass that in your lips, but most of the lips products do, and I don´t like that the long lasting ones dries your lips a lot. I´m definitely buyng this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have Watermelon Twist..it appears to be a bright 80's pink lipstick, but it goes on light and semi sheer. It gives the look of flushed lips..like when you just get out of the shower your lips are darker..very natural. You can apply it with a heavy hand and get a brighter pink tone if you wish, but that doesn't look good on me **I have very pale skin and blonde hair. Doesn't dry my lips out, lasts about the same as a usual lipstick and doesn't have a bad smell or taste. I'd like to buy another colour or two. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it's called "gloss balm"...there's nothing glossy or lip balm about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I really liked this product, I have it in Berry twist and the pigmentation is great, it's moisturizing and feels great on the lips. The only thing I didn't like was that it wore off pretty fast and i kept having to reapply. But overall I really liked this balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I have this in watermelon & it is a really nice pink that doesn't go overboard. It's a good thing for me because I'm usually not one to experiment with bright, intense colors makeup-wise. This has helped me feel okay to step out of my comfort zone a little. These are very moisturizing, non-chalky, & last a long time (pleasantly surprising). For about $7, you really can't go wrong with trying these out because I have used Clinique's chubby sticks before ($20 each), & this Covergirl version is an extremely good dupe...at a fraction of the price. I am very pleased with this product & I will definitely be re-purchasing & trying out different colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i'm probably one of the few girls who generally avoid bright or intense colors when it comes to makeup, which is why i love these. they are definitely not intensely pigmented, but on my fair (NC20) skin, the colors do show up nicely. i have these gloss balms in "haute pink twist" and "watermelon twist" and both add a nice pop of color to brighten my face without looking loud. i really like that these don't morph into a neon color (looking at you, revlon just bitten balm stains), don't dry out my lips, and last a decent amount of time. they don't leave behind a stain after the color wears off like other jumbo balms do, but it doesn't really bother me. overall, i really enjoy these and would purchase more the next time i'm looking to update my lip product collection.

fyi - for those interested in "watermelon twist" -- i have found that jordana's twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in "sweet pink" is a pretty good dupe.