Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Taupe

4.2

ISODODECANE, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, POLYETHYLENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PERFLUORONONYL DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, TALC, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, POLYURETHANE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TIN OXIDE, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), CARMINE (CI 75470)].

on 4/7/2015 11:16:00 AM

First let me say that an eyeliner has to be pretty darn perfect to give it 5 stars...for an inexpensive drugstore liner this is great. I bought it because the color is subtle. I am very fair skinned and 55 years old. Can't really go with the brown liners on lower lashes especially during the day..looks harsh. I can run this under my eyes and it gives just enough definition. I won't say it lasts all day but it's pretty good and because it is so light and sheer, I don't look like I have raccoon eyes when it does. I also like that it doesn't come with a lot of fancy cardboard packaging. I just stocked up on it!

on 3/16/2015 9:51:00 PM

Nice color, but it disappears quickly.

on 12/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow! This taupe beauty just happened to catch my eye from the Rimmel display case that I've looked through a hundred times before.

Why did it take me until now to notice it? Its gives a smooth, creamy application of not too light, not too dark grayish, taupe eyeliner. Instant love.

I tried it on in the store after buying, and it gave my eyes instant definition!
I too suffer from severe hereditary under eye circles, but with small and very deep set eyes that end up looking even smaller & squinty if I use concealers and brighteners alone. I've always used brown eyeliner (just at the outer third of my bottom lashline, to keep my eyes "open"), and have to smugde it until it practically disappears to try to get the look of natural definition.

I'm so happy I stumbled onto this gem tonight!
I have a feeling this will be a HG eyeliner!

on 11/17/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So the black Scandaleyes kohl was AWFUL but thankfully I bought both of these at the same time and had a chance to try this one out.
This does tend to stay on my eyes (bottom water line) for the most of the day. I have to be careful to not put too much on or it looks a little weird but if you put it on just right, it looks amazing and makes your eyes pop.
I would rather use this over a white liner for my waterline. It is more natural looking, I think.

on 6/29/2014 3:41:00 PM

Love, love, love the colour - it really is a subtle taupe with a slight sheen which gives enough definition (I use it to line the bottom lid only) without being in your face. The price, especially in the UK where it's often on 3 for 2 type offers in Boots & Superdrug, is a big part of its appeal. I do seem to have to sharpen it quite frequently so the low price helps there too. It does get a bit smudgy as the day goes on, but for the beautiful colour, price and availability I can't really complain too much. The other taupe eyeliner I also really like, Clinique Quickliner in Smoky Brown, doesn't smudge quite so much, but is way more expensive and doesn't last any longer, so the Rimmel is a real no brainer - if you're after a taupe liner just try it, you won't regret it.

on 5/21/2014 10:52:00 AM

I love this eyeliner for lining my lower lashes and defining my crease. (I kind of smudge it around a bit in both cases.) Gives just the right amount of color to add a little bit of definition while looking totally natural. If you smudge right away it gives you some room to play but beyond that it sticks to where it is. Love this stuff. I'm considering stocking up on more just in case they run out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this looking for something to define my pale eyes without looking too obvious. The color is true to the packaging. The line blends easily and doesn't move much after it sets, I always top my eyeliner with matching powder to set it, though. The only thing I would change about this eyeliner is the packaging! If only it was retractable, I love the color and hate wasting it by sharpening it away!

on 3/7/2014 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why this is labeled as waterproof because it is incredibly smudgy for me. It does set after a minute or two, but even then, it won't stay put after a few hours.

I like the color, a grey leaning taupe with a hint of sheen. Great for a natural day look and smudging out under the bottom lids for some definition. I'm very fair and this shows up nicely in the winter, though barely at all in the summer. I'd be curious if it might have an interesting effect on women with deeper skin tones.

If I use this on my waterline or use it to tight line, I have an intense adverse reaction to the product. Watering eyes that won't stop and foggy vision for hours. Maybe because I am a contact lens wearer and this does set, it could be a bad mix. If you have sensitive eyes, I'd be cautious with this.

The texture is very creamy, to the point that it makes it difficult to get a precise line. It does not sharpen nicely to a point and instead remains a weird blunt nub.

I'm rating this as only so-so because I don't think this adds anything to my collection. I can just as easily create the same effect with an eyeshadow and a moistened winged liner brush. I'll use it until it is gone, but won't be repurchasing.

on 3/2/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I needed an eyebrow pencil after getting fed up with my useless & terribly overpriced Benefit Instant Brow pencil. I am cool-toned and have very light eyebrows, and every single drugstore brow pencil & powder in Blonde, or even in Taupe, has looked orange against my brows & skin.
I have the nude version of this pencil for lining my lower waterline, and really liked the formula. I saw this grey-brown colour and decided to just try it out.

This pencil is very soft, but after using Instant Brow, I'm used to soft eyebrow pencils. It is not waxy, and it doesn't 'flatten' my eyebrows like Instant Brow does. I love the colour against my skin, there's not a hint of orange and it actually looks very natural. I am so happy with this little find! Even my boyfriend noticed my brows looked really nice!

on 1/31/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like this for my bottom lash line but most of the intense color fades but it leaves a good trace of color that's visible enough