April 17, 2014 | 1521 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this is labeled as waterproof because it is incredibly smudgy for me. It does set after a minute or two, but even then, it won't stay put after a few hours.

I like the color, a grey leaning taupe with a hint of sheen. Great for a natural day look and smudging out under the bottom lids for some definition. I'm very fair and this shows up nicely in the winter, though barely at all in the summer. I'd be curious if it might have an interesting effect on women with deeper skin tones.

If I use this on my waterline or use it to tight line, I have an intense adverse reaction to the product. Watering eyes that won't stop and foggy vision for hours. Maybe because I am a contact lens wearer and this does set, it could be a bad mix. If you have sensitive eyes, I'd be cautious with this.

The texture is very creamy, to the point that it makes it difficult to get a precise line. It does not sharpen nicely to a point and instead remains a weird blunt nub.

I'm rating this as only so-so because I don't think this adds anything to my collection. I can just as easily create the same effect with an eyeshadow and a moistened winged liner brush. I'll use it until it is gone, but won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dangerbob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed an eyebrow pencil after getting fed up with my useless & terribly overpriced Benefit Instant Brow pencil. I am cool-toned and have very light eyebrows, and every single drugstore brow pencil & powder in Blonde, or even in Taupe, has looked orange against my brows & skin.
I have the nude version of this pencil for lining my lower waterline, and really liked the formula. I saw this grey-brown colour and decided to just try it out.

This pencil is very soft, but after using Instant Brow, I'm used to soft eyebrow pencils. It is not waxy, and it doesn't 'flatten' my eyebrows like Instant Brow does. I love the colour against my skin, there's not a hint of orange and it actually looks very natural. I am so happy with this little find! Even my boyfriend noticed my brows looked really nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Jeno4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this for my bottom lash line but most of the intense color fades but it leaves a good trace of color that's visible enough

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I wanted a less intense eyeliner to wear on an everyday basis, and I heard the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners were good. I got the taupe since it was a mid-tone colour and matte. Disappointed with the results, because it did not show up at all! Will use and layer eyeshadow over it to add SOME collor, but definitely won't repurchase. My hunt for mid-toned eyeliner continues...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is good eyeliner for $3.99 (Target). It is nice taupe (light brown, ash) color that is easy to apply as an eyeliner. I also tried to use it for my brows but the pencil is too soft for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this eyeliner! I can use this so many ways. It is the perfect taupe for my blue/gray eyes. I like to swipe this all over my lid area (one eye at a time cuz this sucker sets quickly) and blend with my finger. This gives a matte taupe wash all over the lid and looks amazing. I also like to run this along my lash line on top and bottom and smudge with my finger for a soft, toned-down smokey look. And if you are wearing black/dark liner on the top lashline? This is a great one to wear in your bottom water line because it softens the look. I just love this little powerhouse! I have already purchased this as a gift for others and will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by HoloMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like KatWKSF (her review is below) has done I too have purchased this as an eyebrow pencil and yes it does work really well for that purpose. I have been searching and trying out different brands but they just didn't look natural or apply easily on my fair eyebrows.

I was trying to replace my previous eyebrow pencil which was just some cheap little random pencil that I picked up somewhere and nothing was even coming close in regards to ease of application or colour. This pencil has done it!! When I applied my old pencil on one side and this one on the other you really couldn't see any difference so now I can stop searching. I would recommend this to anyone who has fair eyebrows who wants some colour but not anything overwhelming. The cost is reasonable and I will definitely be getting a backup of one of these. Thank you so much RIMMEL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I really like this eyeliner. I actually bought it as a BROW liner, and it works fabulously for that. I have extremely light, ashy brows, and so many browliners pull red tones that look fake/ awful on me. But I can't go without, otherwise I look like I don't have any brows (embarassing!)
This product is really creamy & has great lasting power. My only regret is that it is not self-sharpening, but that's not the biggest deal. I am actually excited to try it as a lower-eye eyeliner based upon other reviewers suggestion that it works on pale girls with dark circles (me). If it turned out to be dual-purposeful, I would certainly never be without again.
**UPDATE**: Just purchased my second one this morning. This is by far my favorite eyebrow pencil. Without a hit of red, it gives my brows the perfect shade of ash, and it doesn't budge, even overnite (when I don't break out the heavy-duty cleansers and toners). This pencil also sharpens easily and lasted me a really long time. It "looks" like one of those pencils that you can't really sharpen (with the plastic handle) but it actually sharpens with ease. This product is also incredibly creamy and does not drag across the face when applied. And all for a really reasonable price. I am a huge fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Unexpectedly great eyeliner. I have been using a soft taupe eyeshadow to liner my lower lashline because I have undereye cirlces and anything darker emphasizes the darkness. This is a very nice creamy taupe liner that once it sets lasts very well. I set it with a similar eyeshadow so it is pretty much waterproof. I could see using this for a smudged/smokey look as well.

Very well done Rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping that it would last a long time on my waterline. No matter how many times I swipe it, no color comes off. It works well enough on my skin, but it tugs more than I'd like.