November 28, 2014 | 1910 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the black Scandaleyes kohl was AWFUL but thankfully I bought both of these at the same time and had a chance to try this one out.
This does tend to stay on my eyes (bottom water line) for the most of the day. I have to be careful to not put too much on or it looks a little weird but if you put it on just right, it looks amazing and makes your eyes pop.
I would rather use this over a white liner for my waterline. It is more natural looking, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ritamac

Love, love, love the colour - it really is a subtle taupe with a slight sheen which gives enough definition (I use it to line the bottom lid only) without being in your face. The price, especially in the UK where it's often on 3 for 2 type offers in Boots & Superdrug, is a big part of its appeal. I do seem to have to sharpen it quite frequently so the low price helps there too. It does get a bit smudgy as the day goes on, but for the beautiful colour, price and availability I can't really complain too much. The other taupe eyeliner I also really like, Clinique Quickliner in Smoky Brown, doesn't smudge quite so much, but is way more expensive and doesn't last any longer, so the Rimmel is a real no brainer - if you're after a taupe liner just try it, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner for lining my lower lashes and defining my crease. (I kind of smudge it around a bit in both cases.) Gives just the right amount of color to add a little bit of definition while looking totally natural. If you smudge right away it gives you some room to play but beyond that it sticks to where it is. Love this stuff. I'm considering stocking up on more just in case they run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by marydreamsofbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this looking for something to define my pale eyes without looking too obvious. The color is true to the packaging. The line blends easily and doesn't move much after it sets, I always top my eyeliner with matching powder to set it, though. The only thing I would change about this eyeliner is the packaging! If only it was retractable, I love the color and hate wasting it by sharpening it away!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this is labeled as waterproof because it is incredibly smudgy for me. It does set after a minute or two, but even then, it won't stay put after a few hours.

I like the color, a grey leaning taupe with a hint of sheen. Great for a natural day look and smudging out under the bottom lids for some definition. I'm very fair and this shows up nicely in the winter, though barely at all in the summer. I'd be curious if it might have an interesting effect on women with deeper skin tones.

If I use this on my waterline or use it to tight line, I have an intense adverse reaction to the product. Watering eyes that won't stop and foggy vision for hours. Maybe because I am a contact lens wearer and this does set, it could be a bad mix. If you have sensitive eyes, I'd be cautious with this.

The texture is very creamy, to the point that it makes it difficult to get a precise line. It does not sharpen nicely to a point and instead remains a weird blunt nub.

I'm rating this as only so-so because I don't think this adds anything to my collection. I can just as easily create the same effect with an eyeshadow and a moistened winged liner brush. I'll use it until it is gone, but won't be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dangerbob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed an eyebrow pencil after getting fed up with my useless & terribly overpriced Benefit Instant Brow pencil. I am cool-toned and have very light eyebrows, and every single drugstore brow pencil & powder in Blonde, or even in Taupe, has looked orange against my brows & skin.
I have the nude version of this pencil for lining my lower waterline, and really liked the formula. I saw this grey-brown colour and decided to just try it out.

This pencil is very soft, but after using Instant Brow, I'm used to soft eyebrow pencils. It is not waxy, and it doesn't 'flatten' my eyebrows like Instant Brow does. I love the colour against my skin, there's not a hint of orange and it actually looks very natural. I am so happy with this little find! Even my boyfriend noticed my brows looked really nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Jeno4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this for my bottom lash line but most of the intense color fades but it leaves a good trace of color that's visible enough

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I wanted a less intense eyeliner to wear on an everyday basis, and I heard the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners were good. I got the taupe since it was a mid-tone colour and matte. Disappointed with the results, because it did not show up at all! Will use and layer eyeshadow over it to add SOME collor, but definitely won't repurchase. My hunt for mid-toned eyeliner continues...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is good eyeliner for $3.99 (Target). It is nice taupe (light brown, ash) color that is easy to apply as an eyeliner. I also tried to use it for my brows but the pencil is too soft for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this eyeliner! I can use this so many ways. It is the perfect taupe for my blue/gray eyes. I like to swipe this all over my lid area (one eye at a time cuz this sucker sets quickly) and blend with my finger. This gives a matte taupe wash all over the lid and looks amazing. I also like to run this along my lash line on top and bottom and smudge with my finger for a soft, toned-down smokey look. And if you are wearing black/dark liner on the top lashline? This is a great one to wear in your bottom water line because it softens the look. I just love this little powerhouse! I have already purchased this as a gift for others and will continue to purchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No