Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Taupe

4.2

ISODODECANE, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, POLYETHYLENE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PARAFFIN, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PERFLUORONONYL DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, SILICA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, TALC, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, POLYURETHANE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TIN OXIDE, BHT. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), CARMINE (CI 75470)].

on 7/30/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Great for a subtle, smoky, natural look. I prefer a natural, glowy look for day - this gives just the right amount of definition without looking like I'm wearing obvious eyeliner. Brown liners make my eyes look bloodshot and harsh, greys are too cool usually, but this taupe is the perfect balance! I didn't think it would show up enough on my olive skin/dark eyes, but it's lovely smudged along the top and bottom outer thirds. Beautiful with a bright lip for a clean, natural smoky look. I forgot I had this and am so glad I found it again!

on 7/5/2015 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The formula is great, stays put and doesn't smudge. The taupe was just a bit too cool for me.

on 7/3/2015 2:58:00 AM

This is THE NUDE eyeliner by Rimmel.

I got the Nude first and found it too yellow, too light, too obvious. The waterline is so thin. How could it possibly be yellow. The waterline needs a neutral pink undertone, like the Stila Topaz for example. I guess one thing higher end brands will always be better at is color selection. It is this subtle perfect colors that drugstore brands get wrong. try finding a nude blush and with no shimmer at the drugstore..

But this TAUPE waterproof kohl - though misnamed - is nude perfection. I use shadows to give subtle definition to my top lashline and need to balance it out by giving the waterline minimal definition. I guess more than defining it I need to hide the redness when I have not slept well or when the day has been very long. If I have not slept, the redness is even more obvious. This immediately hides any redness and the finish is matte with very slight shimmer. It looks quite natural, unlike the Nude's satin finish yellow.

I tried finding a UD 24/7 pencil / MUFE replacement but there is no color that is as perfect as this and they do NOT last more. I find that I have to reapply on the corner of my left eye with both. It is not too light and not too dark and it is so close to the natural color of my light skin waterline that it is hard to tell the places where it has worn off.

If you have small eyes and are looking for a more obvious brightening effect, the Nude is fine. Though GOSH Forever Shadow Stick in Silver Rose would be much better and lasts insanely long. Otherwise, if you want a nude kohl pencil for the waterline for very slight definition and to hide redness this is nude PERFECTION.

Note: at first I regretted the slight shimmer it contains, but then I came to realized that it necessary to give some life to the matte color and keep the waterline looking moist.

on 4/7/2015 11:16:00 AM

First let me say that an eyeliner has to be pretty darn perfect to give it 5 stars...for an inexpensive drugstore liner this is great. I bought it because the color is subtle. I am very fair skinned and 55 years old. Can't really go with the brown liners on lower lashes especially during the day..looks harsh. I can run this under my eyes and it gives just enough definition. I won't say it lasts all day but it's pretty good and because it is so light and sheer, I don't look like I have raccoon eyes when it does. I also like that it doesn't come with a lot of fancy cardboard packaging. I just stocked up on it!

on 3/16/2015 9:51:00 PM

Nice color, but it disappears quickly.

on 12/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow! This taupe beauty just happened to catch my eye from the Rimmel display case that I've looked through a hundred times before.

Why did it take me until now to notice it? Its gives a smooth, creamy application of not too light, not too dark grayish, taupe eyeliner. Instant love.

I tried it on in the store after buying, and it gave my eyes instant definition!
I too suffer from severe hereditary under eye circles, but with small and very deep set eyes that end up looking even smaller & squinty if I use concealers and brighteners alone. I've always used brown eyeliner (just at the outer third of my bottom lashline, to keep my eyes "open"), and have to smugde it until it practically disappears to try to get the look of natural definition.

I'm so happy I stumbled onto this gem tonight!
I have a feeling this will be a HG eyeliner!

on 11/17/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So the black Scandaleyes kohl was AWFUL but thankfully I bought both of these at the same time and had a chance to try this one out.
This does tend to stay on my eyes (bottom water line) for the most of the day. I have to be careful to not put too much on or it looks a little weird but if you put it on just right, it looks amazing and makes your eyes pop.
I would rather use this over a white liner for my waterline. It is more natural looking, I think.

on 6/29/2014 3:41:00 PM

Love, love, love the colour - it really is a subtle taupe with a slight sheen which gives enough definition (I use it to line the bottom lid only) without being in your face. The price, especially in the UK where it's often on 3 for 2 type offers in Boots & Superdrug, is a big part of its appeal. I do seem to have to sharpen it quite frequently so the low price helps there too. It does get a bit smudgy as the day goes on, but for the beautiful colour, price and availability I can't really complain too much. The other taupe eyeliner I also really like, Clinique Quickliner in Smoky Brown, doesn't smudge quite so much, but is way more expensive and doesn't last any longer, so the Rimmel is a real no brainer - if you're after a taupe liner just try it, you won't regret it.

on 5/21/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner for lining my lower lashes and defining my crease. (I kind of smudge it around a bit in both cases.) Gives just the right amount of color to add a little bit of definition while looking totally natural. If you smudge right away it gives you some room to play but beyond that it sticks to where it is. Love this stuff. I'm considering stocking up on more just in case they run out!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this looking for something to define my pale eyes without looking too obvious. The color is true to the packaging. The line blends easily and doesn't move much after it sets, I always top my eyeliner with matching powder to set it, though. The only thing I would change about this eyeliner is the packaging! If only it was retractable, I love the color and hate wasting it by sharpening it away!