October 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - QuikStyle Paddle Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush definitely helps to dry your hair faster, but I think it may also damage it. You're pulling a thick, resistant brush through your hair while it's still wet. I wouldn't use a boar-bristle brush on wet hair, and this is at least as resistant as that.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by dyanp989

Bought this for after swimming. Gotta say, not really impressed. Hardly got any extra water out. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush for my daughter to use, but she decided against it, so I took it over. I have very thick, wavy hair. I noticed it did make a difference! It goes through your hair smoothly, detangles well and feels very sturdy. I'd say it took out about 20% of the water prior to using my dryer. My only complaints are the price, I think it's too steep for a drugstore brush, and the fact that the towel parts get mooshed down. You have to hit it on the back to get the microfiber parts to pop into place again. Kind of annoying, but a neat idea that actually seems to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dianebritter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried the Quikstyle brush today after taking a shower at the gym. I'm usually pressed for time to dry my hair and I have very thick long hair so anything that can save me time I'm up for trying out. I usually put my hair in a turbie twist when I get out of the shower but that gets soaked pretty quick. I am actually impressed with the brush and it did cut down on my drying time. I had been eyeing the brush in Target for $11.99 and I thought it was sort of gimicky at first. I finally decided I'd try it and if it didn't do what it was supposed to, I could always get a refund. I am glad I bought the brush. I hope it lasts a while. Some of the microfiber fuzz came off the brush but that could be from the manufacturing. I will be writing back if the brush doesn't last. Right now I'm a happy customer. I would recommend to anyone who is pressed for time to dry their hair. It's a lot cheapter than buying a $200 hair dryer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've looked at this product for quite a while, all the time thinking it was dumb. I was wrong because this brush really does work-it's fantastic in fact. I usually wash my hair, then turbie towel it then wear a turbie twist, and believe it or not my hair is still quite damp the next day because it's thick. To test the brush I did all the same last night and before I went to bed I brushed my still pretty wet hair with the microfiber brush and by gosh by golly my hair really became much drier, and was pretty much dry by this morning! I got mine at Kroger for $5.99, and I'm so glad I finally got one BECAUSE IT WORKS! It's not dumb at all, and everything the package says to do to care for it works as well (if the towel-like bristles get flat turn the brush over and smack the back and the bits with fluff back etc). Highly recommend! I love it. Glad it's a paddle brush because that's my favorite kind of brush as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a paddle brush with microfibers made to remove excess water/moisture from the hair after washing. The package says it removes up to 30% of water. I was skeptical, but it actually works! This brush has cut my drying time and it makes my hair look better than my other brushes! I would recommend this brush to anyone who wants a faster drying time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am torn on this item.

It does dry your hair, and it's a nice brush. It delivers exactly what it promises, and the 30% claim seems accurate.

The sticking point is that it's $15 and doesn't really do anything that another minute of towel drying can't do, you know? It might be marginally better for your hair if you're rough with the towel.

That's why I gave it four stars but said I wouldn't but it again. Yes, it works, but it's not a product that really needs to exist. And certainly not at that price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

My friend had this brush and it piqued my interest. It has these little towel/sham-wow bristles inside. I thought it was to shine hair, but later I find the claim is to dry hair 30% faster. She said I could have it, so I don't think she loved it so much. I used it on my kids, who cry when they have a knot, and they seemed happy, but it doesn't seem to actually dry the hair faster. Maybe you have to really push the hair into it or use a dryer in addition. It's not a bad brush, and I do sort of like the towel parts for detangling and shine but because of the price and that it's very similar to any paddle brush, I wouldn't buy it again if I had to.
UPDATE: I brushed my hair with this last night (wet) and I realize I hardly EVER brush my own hair because it's wavy, (the kids have straight hair and I'm ALWAYS brushing it) but it felt REALLY good. And I did feel the towel parts getting wetter so I can only assume it made my hair dryer, but I don't really know the exact time my hair takes to dry so I couldn't say. But it was nice and went through my just-washed hair really nicely.
Update 2: Just wanted to let you all know, I did just blow dry my hair (I only do that like twice a year) and used this. It did help, though I use a round brush to style my hair so I only used this a little. Also, I have shorter layers now and don't really remember how long it took to blow dry before, and let it air dry for a little. But I think it helped a little regardless. Would I buy it just for that? No, but if you blow dry straight a lot, then maybe it would be a good buy.