July 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Lip Gloss - Hourglass - Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I also received this as part of the Sephora give me some lip set. First of all the color Child is just not my color at all. It's a peachy nude color that washes me out regardless of if I have a tan or not. (I can get super pale in the winter but really tan in the summer.) It doesn't just look pale on my lips it completely clashes with my skintone. Second, I just don't like the formula. It feels strange on my lips and gives an odd finish. Very hard to describe....maybe it's because it's supposed to be somewhere in between a lipstick and a gloss. Doesn't last that long on the lips either. Wouldn't repurchase if I run out in fact this went in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this gloss! It's non sticky, but it lasts a good three hours on me. It's not heavy, or goopy. Its nice and smooth feeling. It has a sweet vanilla scent which I love, but it does go away once on the lips. The colour is great for every day, or for applying on the go. It doesn't have the super shiny pre teen gloss look to it, it has a nice shine. The colour is sheer, but it's still noticeable on the lips. It's a soft warm pink that compliments nude shadows, or smokey eyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This gloss came with my Sephora "Give Me Some Lip set". It is a warm beige nude color that would look pretty layered over a nude lipstick. It is shiny but has no glitter or sparkles. It looks almost identical to my Marvelous Moxie Trail Blazer lip gloss by Bare Minerals. I would say this is a pretty lipgloss, but I don't reach for it very often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish they had a "maybe" for "would you buy this product again", because I'm not sure if I would. I haven't checked out any of the other colors. I got a miniature size in the color Child in a box of lip products from Sephora called Give Me Some Lip. It is a very nude shade. At first when I saw it, I thought it looked like the nude lip gloss you see women wearing that just makes them look pale and washed out, their lips blending into their skin tone and looking funny. I tried it on, looking into a compact, and it looked okay, but not like there was a lot to it. It has a nice feel on the lips, thick like I like my lip gloss to be, but also smooth. It didn't pill up on my lips, which I seem to have a problem with sometimes. Then one day, I had it in my purse, and I had just used my Buxom Lip Pencil in Amsterdam, a nice neutral color. The lip pencil is fairly matte, and I remembered I had the Hourglass in my purse so I put it on over the Amsterdam, in just the middle of my lips. It looked awesome! Blended well with the Buxom color and added some shine at the same time. Evenly applied over the lips it still looks great. I really like the formula, so I may be trying out a different color in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok I got this lip gloss in Sephoras Give Me Some Lip set and it's a nude lip set. Well this was one of the samples it's a pretty big sample too. The color is one of the best nudes I have ever seen. It looks so great with a bright eye and it doesn't look strange because there is some shine to it.

The only problem is it comes off so quick. Because of that I don't think I would repurchase but I'm on the fence. There are some excellent lip glosses out there for less money that stay on longer. The color Child though is so pretty you really want to wear it. I am happy I got this lip set so I could try Hourglass with out the full commitment. I do really love it, it's one of the best nudes I have seen but if I find a dupe ala check out MAC I would go with that over this because it doesn't last long enough for a repurchase in my opinion.

It is a great product if you can afford buying this lip gloss frequently or don't use it a lot. Beware it is addicting;)