December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Renewalist BB Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Jesselightning

So far, I really love this bb cream!! It is only the second I have used (first being bobbi brown, not impressed by) but I feel that it is everything a bb cream should be! I would only recommend for fair skin, but I am acne prone and haven't had any issues. I set it with a powder by hourglass and it has great stay power while being hydrating at the same time. I will update this review at the end of the month to comment on its ability to fade acne marks. So far I love it though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by haveaguinness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't care for this. Got it in a set of 4 different trial size Dr. Jart BB creams from Sephora. I'm NC20 with neutral/yellowish undertones, but not strong yellow, and this was quite pink-beige on me; my face clashed with my neck, and the coverage was somewhat thick and chalky/masky. It did settle down a little after a while, but I expected a lot more. I don't see myself reaching for this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Am a bit torn over this one. since i am pale it almost matches but may be just slightly lighter. the coverage is good and does not settle. but to prevent a mask look a blush is definitely needed. in pics it is a little too pale also. for reference i am NC 20. wish there was a color selection so off with a lippie there. it is not a go to product but if in the sun so useful.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by buffieschulte

On first application, this is a very good product: blends seamlessly, hides blemishes. However each time I have tried using this, it has made me break out horribly! Not many foundations/creams make me break out, but this wreaked havoc on my face, and despite it looking very natural the cons are far too great. Won't be using again...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

I got a small tube of the Renewalist BB in the Dr. Jart BB sampler set at Sephora. I wasn't thrilled with this one. I only used it twice, so I cannot speak to its claims about its skin-brightening or anti-aging claims - I think it would take longer to see those effects. I am not a fan of the thicker texture of this BB. I found that it did not melt that well into my skin and had a greasy finish. I also thought that it was a little pale - even for my very pale face. I much prefer the Premium and Water Fuse varieties.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a devoted believer in BBs by Dr.Jart+. In fact, I was very pleased with their Pemium Gold and just could not help trying the Renewalist as soon as I happened to see it at Sasa online. I like Renewalist even better. It offers better coverage, better oil control by added sebum control powder and it stays in place for 8+ hours. The tube is only 35ml, which is quite small, and flat in shape, which makes it easy to carry around. As to the product itself, it is quite light in color, for quite fair skins, hardly suitable for someone darker than Dior 020. In fact I am Dior 020 and due to its medium coverage find it borderline between ghostly whiteness and noble paleness. It makes my skin glow from within, unlike any BB cream I used prior to it. It dries to a look more glowing than matte but not shiny in any respect and does not need any powder to settle. It is quite moisturising at that without being too rich or oily. In sum, I am sold, especially when Sasa sells two with 30% discount with free postage, which is USD 34 for two tubes! I expect one tube to last about 3 months and thus purchased 2 sets. It is now my true HG BB and probably will remain so until Dr.Jart+ comes with a better product ;)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No