September 17, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick - #045

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I really like this product! I tried out "Womanswear" today, and...

-Pros:

-Sheer, buildable. I'd say medium-pigmented.

-Feels and looks hydrating when FIRST applied...smooth Vaseline-y, silicone-y feel. You can build it up without it clumping and caking, and without seeing squiggles of pure color in your lip wrinkles!

-Lasted ~4 hours for me. I was pleasantly surprised to still see at least some color and a lipliner effect after an entire day of Easter lunch, festivities, and bathing children today.

Cons:

-Dries down (of course). I didn't really notice any particular discomfort with it, and I definitely didn't think it felt "tacky." I'd describe the look and feel of it as "powdery."

-Morphed color (darkened) a bit, I believe; luckily, it was still a great color! ;-)

-Is a bit pricey for drugstore...

-Doesn't last as long as advertised (duh) ;-)

In sum, I actually like this line a lot. I'm not looking for a full-coverage, thick layer of lipstick (if you are, I don't think you'll like these!); I tend to want medium-sheer, lasting color at work, and I have found it. I will go back for more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by windyskies

This lipstick is fantastic. I bought it in Couture #50 (an almost-red shade) and Iconic #55 (a lovely natural pink color), both of which I've noticed look great on fair skin. At first I put Iconic on, and noticed it came off within five minutes... at first I was very disappointed, but then realised I'd put it on over the top of lip balm! So here's my tip: make sure you ONLY apply this on bare lips if you want to harness it's staying power. When applied on bare lips, it really does have brilliant wear. I wore Couture to a dinner last night, and even after several hours of constant talking, eating and drinking, it still looked quite fresh and was still there! After about four hours I found a re-application just in the inner part of my lips was needed, but that's probably because of all the eating and whatnot. And when it does start to wear off, it does so relatively gracefully and not in a gross, flake-y way.

The packaging is quite hygienic and works very well. I like how you can see the lipstick color without having to take the cap off, so if you buy a whole lot of them (which I will probably go out and do) you can identify them all in one glance.

Overall, this product is really fabulous, one of the best long-wear lipsticks I have found.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Maryclowne

cannot believe how long the color has stayed on this morning.... usually I have reapply after breakfast, but I keep checking the compact mirror LOL and it's still there. Heading back to CVS to buy more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Erwende

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am always searching for the perfect mauve lipstick. This one is fabulous but a little drying. It lasted forever even through a big meal. I went back and purchased another I loved the color so much!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ruecambonparis

I bought two of these today in: Couture (a berry-red color) and Socialite (dark peachy nude). They claim to be moisturizing and last up to 16 hours. My initial thought was that they were moisturizing, smooth, velvety, glides on easily, my lips look smooth and has a nice moisturizing sheen...but only for the first 15-20 minutes. The formula dries out and left my lips very dry and the color starts to set into the lines on my lips.

The color is pigmented but not so pigmented that you can eat one coat. It's definitely build-able and you will probably get the exact color in the tube with 2-3 coats. I like both colors, couture is flattering on me given that my skin tone is pretty fair with yellow undertone and colors like berries and reds don't always work on me. Socialite is a good warm nude, usually nudes don't show up on my pigmented lips or they might look too unnatural but this one I feel like it works on my lips and the color really shows.

Color does not transfer, thats the up side but only after about 10-20 minutes when it dries out and that's the down side of it. It lasts long, I would say all day.

I wouldn't repurchase this product mostly because of the drying aspect of it. I guess you can layer on lip balms but even that doesn't really help the fact that it settles into the lines of your lips. It's very I attractive when those lines are emphasized and the lips don't look smooth and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to Rite Aid to get some cold stuff for hubby - who's nursing the mother of all colds, poor dear - and, dammit, saw the display for this new lipstick. Well, I caved in and got one. The color I chose is #045 Supermodel. It's supposed to be food-proof, with a staying power of 16 hours. I never expect a l/s to last so long (not w/o looking yucky) so I won't demand a congressional hearing if I have to reapply sooner than that.

Though nicely pigmented, it's not matte or full-cover. It is slightly sheer, and of course you can apply a heavier coat. The color is a beautiful mauvey pink, a bit darker than my lips but VERY natural-looking. Natural enough to be worn on a bare face for just a trace of color. I put it on just now and I'm sipping a cup of cocoa, and there is just a faint trace of color on the cup rim. Slightly shimmery in the tube, it looks just satiny on my lips. Feels comfortable and does not make my lips feel dry. I wanted a dark red, but I did not find one that looked like my kind of red (then again, I was in a hurry). So far, I'm happy I gave in to my impulse and got this. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Here is a link where you can find pictures of the colors: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/10/revlon-colorstay-ultimate-suede-lipstick-review-swatches.html

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No