August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Treatments (Face) - Dr. Brandt - Glow Overnight Resurfacing Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Purchased this in place of the Dr.Dennis Gross Retinol and Ferulic brightening solution because they were sold out at Sephora and the rep recommended that this would be similar to try out in the meantime. (They also cost the same at $85 a bottle.) It's been a month, the bottle hasn't run out yet (I can't tell how much is left) and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Definitely have seen an improvement in the clarity of my complexion, minimized pores, and best of all, the breakouts I chronically get on my chin and around my mouth have ceased. Only thing that I notice this product doesn't help much with is hyperpigmentation - I continue to use my Kiehl's Clearly Corrective serum for that as my morning serum, and this as my nighttime serum.

There must be a buffering agent in this product because for a 2% retinol solution I haven't experienced any kind of sensitivity (tingling, redness, peeling...etc.), and I remember when I tried a Skinceuticals product a while back with only 0.5% retinol it seemed way more intense in comparison. But it could also be my skin - I'm 35 now and I do notice that I can withstand heavier exfoliation and more acidic treatment products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by childrenswriter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine swears by this product, so I really wanted to love it. However, it was mostly disappointing to me. I bought it as part of the set that includes the ruby crystal glow product. I used it nightly until the resurfacing serum ran out--which happened VERY quickly (less than a month--I keep wondering if the pump broke, as I was only using the small recommended amount). I will say, on the plus side, that I *really* like the ruby crystal glow product as it makes my skin look dewy and glowy after application--but this basically washes off. I might continue to buy the ruby glow separately and use it as part of my makeup routine when I want to look especially dewy.

As far as the serum goes, I really didn't notice much of a difference with my skin. This disappoints me since it is billed as the "highest concentration of retinol available without a prescription"--I wonder if that claim has been substantiated?

On the plus side, my skin is quite fair and tends toward dryness, but I did not experience any redness or peeling from this product. I used it nightly as directed. I used Strivectin night treatment for about one month before I started this product, so perhaps I laddered up to the retinol concentration appropriately. Regardless, I won't buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by trae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

have used this for about three weeks, every second day or so. i have extremely dry skin, so daily wasn't going to happen. i see a big difference in my pore size, and my skin definitely looks glowing and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SW73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because of the high retinol content. I started out using every other day and worked up to everyday use I do not have sensitive skin; this product did not bother me at all. My skin is on the dry side so I use a moisturizer after I apply the Glow serum. This did minimize my pores and that was about all it did. It didn't minimize my wrinkles. I've been using this for about 3 months. The packaging is nice however you cannot tell how much you have used in the container because it isn't see through. I don't think I would repurchase this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by vogelnagel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unlike the previous reviewer who only tried a sample of this product, i tried a sample and was very pleased with the effects. I purchased the full size about a month ago and use 1 1/2 pumps 5 times a week. My skin is noticeably smoother, pores seem smaller and redness has disappeared. Unfortunatley my hyper-pigmentation spots from sun damage on my forehead are still there, but the spot on my plectrum has noticeably faded.
My boss even commented that my skin is looking very good these days and now she is going to try it out as well.
I was worried the 2% retinol might irritate my sensitive skin, and so far it hasn't. I think its important to be careful not to apply too much. Oh yeah, the stubborn zits on the sides of my chin have gone away. They were a huge problem and july and were one of the first things to go when i started using samples of this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by alba75

I got a deluxe sample of Glow by Dr. Brandt™ overnight resurfacing serum with a Sephora purchase. The product claims to promote cell turnover, address wrinkles. The serum has got a light texture and unpleasant lemony smell. It sinks into skin fast without tingling. It dried my face and made it flake.