December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For me, it's all about the pores. I'm very paranoid about the huge pores on my cheeks and t-zone. This year alone i've tried 7 different kinds of primers that promise to minimise pores and yet only 2 managed to cover 90% of it. Then suddenly it occured to me, maybe it's not about the primers. Maybe i need to change my foundation. I only use 2 brands of liquid foundations; MAC (i've tried studio fix and matchmaster. now using prolongwear) and Urban Decay and all would settle into my pores. So no matter what primer or foundation i use, my pores would still be visible.

So i went out in search for a liquid foundation that won't make my pores look bigger and found Clinique Pore Refining Solutions makeup. It was love at first sight! It's of lightweight consistency and glides over my primer with a damp beauty blender. It made my face flawless! I just couldn't believe it! And although this was said to give a matte finish, it's definitely not flat-looking. It's a soft and natural finish and evens out my skintone. It's not cakey, has good coverage (medium) and is buildable. Excellent for humid weather coz its long-lasting ( i get around 6 hours before needing to touch-up). Great for oily skin as It's oil-free. The foundation comes in many shades (I use Fresh Beige) and didn't oxidise as the day went by.

I would totally recommend this to ladies with oily skin and huge open pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by RachelVed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros - the price ; I think it's about $28 and it has a lot of product & it's very cheap for a high end product. - the packaging ; squeeze tube is sanitary and you can get all the product out once you're to the end of the tube - long wear ; about 7 hours with no fading - matte ; controls some oil & goes on matte - color ; wide range & matches well - buildable ; doesn't cake when adding more product Cons - coverage ; it does claim to be a moderate coverage but I was thinking more of a medium coverage but it's really between light and medium. The first layer didn't cover all of my acne scars and hyper pigmentation. Overall I LOVE this product. It's only my second day using it but I haven't broken out to it and my sensitive skin usually reacts to products it doesn't agree with quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation in Alabaster (VF-N)since it came out. No doubt, I've tried many foundations! I find this one perfect for me.
I'm fair skinned, very oily, occasional breakouts, enlarged pores-especially on nose.
I use a cheap, drugstore facial sponge (non-latex), to apply. It goes on very well without a primer or moisturizer if I use a damp sponge to apply. If I want a bit heavier coverage, I use a primer and dry sponge. Though I still need blotting papers (Shisedo is my absolute fave) my face looks great until I take the makeup off! No melting or slipping of foundation, at all. That's what keeps me loyal-makeup stays on better than any other I've tried…and my wallet can tell you I've tried wayyy too many!
Tip: instead of squeezing the bottle, wait for the foundation to come out the top…it will. That's the amount I start with. Depending on if I'm applying to my whole face or just the spots that need coverage (forehead, nose, chin)…this liquid foundation goes a long way. Shake first!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by RenataRos

I have noticed a reduction in pores but this make up does not blend well at all..even with a primer. It starts breaking up and patching almost immediately. Try it at the store and be sure you have good lighting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know but Clinique foundations typically work with my skin, my favourites being Even Better and Pore Refining Solutions, I always get compliments when wearing this, even girls at the MAC counter enquire about what my regimen is and what foundation I use. I use the shade Golden and I'm right in between an NC45 & NC50, Golden is not exactly my colour but it's the closest to my complexion. This gives I'd say medium coverage at most but it's very buildable, it doesn't feel cakey and looks very natural and gives the impression your skin looks semi flawless, only thing I would say is a bit of a let down is the longevity, I get quite oily and perspire a lot in my T-zone, most particularly my nose and cheeks though so touching up and setting is always a must. Great product nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- suitable for every skin type
- does not break me out
- moderate coverage
- long lasting (for me it's 8 hours)
- feels super natural
- does not cake your face
- does not give a horrible scent
- cute packaging

Cons:
- NO SPF!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Amazing. Please don't discontinue. Tip: get a shade lighter than you normally would consider. It sets darker ...other than that, it's perfect for Acne prone skin. Better than actual acne fighting makeup marketed for acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cjscla1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always buy this product it is my go to. It does not make me break out. However, it doesn't last all day and it can make my skin look dry. It needs to be set with a powder in order to last at least 6 hrs.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by galinda

Nice foundation. Didn't last all day on my combination skin though. Pores did seem smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by danielik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for about a week now, and I am impressed, this is the first foundation in my life which I am willing to continue to wear. My skin has been very oily my whole life and the truth is that this foundation does get better as the day goes on (as I read in one of the previous reviews) and pores are almost invisible, but most of all - I am not shiny! I only blot once a day and use a little bit of powder - that's it! However it could be because it is winter - february. The lightest shade alabaster is slightly darker for my skin, but only a very little. The foundation does not sit in lines, but I also use pore perfecting serum from clinique, as a primer and that could have an impact. Basicly if it camouflages pores it must be able to camouflage wrinkles as well.