April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- suitable for every skin type
- does not break me out
- moderate coverage
- long lasting (for me it's 8 hours)
- feels super natural
- does not cake your face
- does not give a horrible scent
- cute packaging

Cons:
- NO SPF!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Amazing. Please don't discontinue. Tip: get a shade lighter than you normally would consider. It sets darker ...other than that, it's perfect for Acne prone skin. Better than actual acne fighting makeup marketed for acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cjscla1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always buy this product it is my go to. It does not make me break out. However, it doesn't last all day and it can make my skin look dry. It needs to be set with a powder in order to last at least 6 hrs.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by galinda

Nice foundation. Didn't last all day on my combination skin though. Pores did seem smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by danielik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for about a week now, and I am impressed, this is the first foundation in my life which I am willing to continue to wear. My skin has been very oily my whole life and the truth is that this foundation does get better as the day goes on (as I read in one of the previous reviews) and pores are almost invisible, but most of all - I am not shiny! I only blot once a day and use a little bit of powder - that's it! However it could be because it is winter - february. The lightest shade alabaster is slightly darker for my skin, but only a very little. The foundation does not sit in lines, but I also use pore perfecting serum from clinique, as a primer and that could have an impact. Basicly if it camouflages pores it must be able to camouflage wrinkles as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by hr6aw

I bought this foundation after getting a sample that made my skin look less shiny, with smaller pores, and even toned. This foundation has good coverage and sometimes I don't even need any concealer. However, after two months of use, I'm beginning to notice that the foundation makes my skin look a little dull sometimes and not as bright as I once thought. That may just be me though.. I wouldn't repurchase because I found a great BB tinted moisturizer by Tarte that works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I don't have particularly oily skin yet this felt like it was sliding off after a few hours. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I don't really have large pores, but I tried a sample of this foundation and was wowed: its consistency is soft and creamy, glides on perfectly and leaves a velvety, light and glowy finish. Just perfect for my skin. Also, it lasted through a hard workday and a workout and my skin still looked good!
I'll purchase a full bottle as soon as I finish one of my current three on rotation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On the quest for the HG foundation I have also tried this one and I'm very happy with it. I thought that if it is good for blurring pores it must also be good for blurring fine lines. I was right. The consistency is gel like or like whipped cream and reminds me of a BB cream with very good coverage, which doesn't surprise me, considering that one of the first ingredients listed is silicone.
It is easy to apply; I use my fingertips but I imagine that it is also good with a sponge. Not sure about a brush because of the gel consistency.

What I really love is that it disappears on my skin and leaves a smooth, fresh, almost dewy complexion. The coverage is very buildable, from sheer to full, depending on how much I layer. The good thing is that even if I use a lot of it, and I mean really a lot, it barely cakes. To finish I use a bit of powder especially on my t-zone and when I want the porcelain look I apply a thin layer of Jane Iredale Amazing Base on the top - finally a way to use this powder without the cakey look.
It doesn't dry my skin out, it doesn't turn orange, it doesn't break me out and it lasts quite long, depending on which moisturizer/sunscreen I have underneath.

I have the shade F-P # 62 Rose Beige which is the lightest shade, a light rosy-neutral beige, maybe a bit to peachy for my complexion but very flattering on those days when my skin looks so dull or sallow. I have found that Strawberrynet has a huge range of shades and I think that at least three or four of them would suit me, depending on the season. Also the tube is handy, small, cute, and makes it easy to dispenser, just squeezing a bit, enough to get the right amount.

Another thing I like is that it has not parabens and no sunscreens - because, unless they are mineral sunscreens, Tinosorb or Mexoryl, anything else are nasty chemicals that I don't want to put on my skin on daily basis. For that I relay on my moisturizer with zinc oxide.
All in all I love it. Bravo Clinique!

Update: I used occasionally some other very good foundations and I could immediately see the difference: they looked cakey in comparison, no matter what. I will stick to this and will buy a darker colour as soon as my skin will get some tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I'm enjoying this foundation. It has no SPF, which is good for when you don't want SPF. It has minimal odor on application and zero odor after application. It is very thick and not runny at all. The pores end up being filled in with skin colour, right down to bottom of the pore. So this seems to be what makes them look more blended with the skin, rather than pores looking darker as they do when foundation doesn't enter them. You'd think that foundation being shoved right to the depth of each pore would cause acne, but I am finding that no acne has occurred at all, and in fact my general skin health improves after a few days of using this product. As the reviewer about 10 below me said, this foundation seems to actually look BETTER as the day goes on too....somehow blending itself more and more by the hour until it looks like perfect skin with no detectable product.