Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup

3.8

Ingredients: Isododecane, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polysilicone-11, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Salicylic Acid, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Tromethamine, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Silica, Methicone, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 6/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and read great reviews on this foundation and decided to try it out. I am very fair, and the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark for me. I have large pores and found that this did not minimize them/make them less noticeable. This offers light coverage and I found that this foundation did not control my oil or keep me matte. Overall I was very disappointed with this foundation. Would not recommend.

on 2/8/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for 2 months now, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I wanted to switch from my double wear since it feels way to heavy on my skin for the cold winters here in Sweden. It was between Teint Miracle and this one, but since I wanted to try something new I decided to go with Clinique - also, alabaster is perfect for my pale skin tone.

This foundation gives light to medium coverage and is buildable, however it never reaches the full-cover look. I'd say it is an excellent everyday-foundation, it feels really natural and non-heavy on your skin, but for a party look I'd want more coverage (something like double wear). I did feel like my pores appeared smaller and with some powder after 6 hours, this foundation lasts 10 hours on my oily skin. Good price for a HG foundation and I would repurchase, if I needed an everyday-to-go-foundation. If it was a bit more coverage and lasted a little longer, I'd give it 5 lippies.

on 11/10/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For me, it's all about the pores. I'm very paranoid about the huge pores on my cheeks and t-zone. This year alone i've tried 7 different kinds of primers that promise to minimise pores and yet only 2 managed to cover 90% of it. Then suddenly it occured to me, maybe it's not the primers. Maybe i need to change my foundation.

I wear 2 brands of liquid foundations; MAC (i've tried studio fix and matchmaster. now using prolongwear) and Urban Decay and all would settle into my pores. So no matter what primer or foundation i use, my pores would still be visible.

So i went out in search for a liquid foundation that won't make my pores look bigger and found Clinique Pore Refining Solutions makeup. It was love at first sight! It's of lightweight consistency and glides over my primer with a damp beauty blender. It made my face flawless! I just couldn't believe it, no pores!

And although this was said to give a matte finish, it's definitely not flat-looking. It's a soft and natural finish and evens out my skintone. It's not cakey, has good coverage (medium) and is buildable. It feels light on my skin, most of the time i forgot that i actually had foundation on. Excellent for humid weather coz its long-lasting ( i get around 6 hours before needing to touch-up/powder but this lasts up to 10hours on me) and doesn't transfer. Great for oily skin as It's oil-free. The foundation comes in many shades (I use Fresh Beige. Im NC25/NC30) and unlike MAC Foundations it didn't oxidise as the day went by.

I would totally recommend this to ladies with oily skin and huge open pores.

on 9/28/2014 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros - the price ; I think it's about $28 and it has a lot of product & it's very cheap for a high end product. - the packaging ; squeeze tube is sanitary and you can get all the product out once you're to the end of the tube - long wear ; about 7 hours with no fading - matte ; controls some oil & goes on matte - color ; wide range & matches well - buildable ; doesn't cake when adding more product Cons - coverage ; it does claim to be a moderate coverage but I was thinking more of a medium coverage but it's really between light and medium. The first layer didn't cover all of my acne scars and hyper pigmentation. Overall I LOVE this product. It's only my second day using it but I haven't broken out to it and my sensitive skin usually reacts to products it doesn't agree with quickly.

on 8/25/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've used this foundation in Alabaster (VF-N)since it came out. No doubt, I've tried many foundations! I find this one perfect for me.
I'm fair skinned, very oily, occasional breakouts, enlarged pores-especially on nose.
I use a cheap, drugstore facial sponge (non-latex), to apply. It goes on very well without a primer or moisturizer if I use a damp sponge to apply. If I want a bit heavier coverage, I use a primer and dry sponge. Though I still need blotting papers (Shisedo is my absolute fave) my face looks great until I take the makeup off! No melting or slipping of foundation, at all. That's what keeps me loyal-makeup stays on better than any other I've tried…and my wallet can tell you I've tried wayyy too many!
Tip: instead of squeezing the bottle, wait for the foundation to come out the top…it will. That's the amount I start with. Depending on if I'm applying to my whole face or just the spots that need coverage (forehead, nose, chin)…this liquid foundation goes a long way. Shake first!

on 7/25/2014 1:25:00 PM

I have noticed a reduction in pores but this make up does not blend well at all..even with a primer. It starts breaking up and patching almost immediately. Try it at the store and be sure you have good lighting.

on 5/6/2014 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I don't know but Clinique foundations typically work with my skin, my favourites being Even Better and Pore Refining Solutions, I always get compliments when wearing this, even girls at the MAC counter enquire about what my regimen is and what foundation I use. I use the shade Golden and I'm right in between an NC45 & NC50, Golden is not exactly my colour but it's the closest to my complexion. This gives I'd say medium coverage at most but it's very buildable, it doesn't feel cakey and looks very natural and gives the impression your skin looks semi flawless, only thing I would say is a bit of a let down is the longevity, I get quite oily and perspire a lot in my T-zone, most particularly my nose and cheeks though so touching up and setting is always a must. Great product nonetheless.

on 3/18/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- suitable for every skin type
- does not break me out
- moderate coverage
- long lasting (for me it's 8 hours)
- feels super natural
- does not cake your face
- cute packaging

Cons:
- NO SPF!!!!

on 2/28/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. Please don't discontinue. Tip: get a shade lighter than you normally would consider. It sets darker ...other than that, it's perfect for Acne prone skin. Better than actual acne fighting makeup marketed for acne prone skin.

on 2/17/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I always buy this product it is my go to. It does not make me break out. However, it doesn't last all day and it can make my skin look dry. It needs to be set with a powder in order to last at least 6 hrs.