February 27, 2015 | 1018 users online

Blush - NYX - Stick Blush (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2015 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I love this product, not because it's in stick form but the product itself. I bought it in the shade Water Lily which is a perfect nude pink with slight shimmer. It reminds me a lot of Stilla CC in Lillium. This shade is perfect for year around and I love the consistency, less wet as a cream but softer than a powder so it's easy to blend. I use the brush directly on the stick and then apply . This particular shade could also be used on the eyes and the lips because it is a nude. I highly recommend this product and this color to people that prefer a minimal, natural makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2015 8:25:00 AM More reviews by frckls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have one in SB07 Waterlily and for my warm medium/tan skin, it's really great.

I've always wanted to have a mauve plummy cream blush and this one fits the bill. It has some silver tiny glitters (not exactly shimmer) that can be pretty noticeable under bright harsh light, but otherwise looks great on the cheeks. For my taste, it's quite pigmented, too.
The formula is pretty waxy but blending isn't as hard as one would imagine, although it doesn't exactly glide effortlessly. Personally, I don't find any trouble with this stick and I have always applied it with fingers.
It stays one for quite some time, too. I'd say around 6-7 hours.

Another thing I love about this is that it's the perfect pink-mauve lipcolor for my skintone. It doesn't turn me zombie or mummy-like. It's exactly how I picture the perfect pink-mauve color on me. On the lips, the glitter/shimmer strangely don't appear.

Packaging is functional. It's a plastic twist-up tube that I don't care too much about. It does the job and compact, so totting it around for touching up isn't a problem. I wish it looks more sleek and tasteful, but this will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 1:04:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

HG! I have been OBSESSED with finding just the right cream blush. not only is the lasting power better, but they're better for a person who travels a lot and needs to pack minimally (I like the small containers and that they don't require a brush). I tried practically everything I could get my hands on, cheap and expensive. most of them were ok, but didn't look nearly as nice as using a powder blush with a good brush. I concluded that maybe it was just impossible. until now...

at first I tried this blush in Tea Rose, and it was pretty good. but the other day I stumbled across Water Lily and HOLY COW -- it is exactly a perfect match for my fav powder blush, and I can actually do a good job applying it with my fingers. this one works for me! I love it!

PS: I have been so impressed with NYX in general. I have so many of their other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in Orchid and it's quite lovely for my fair skin. These definitely need to be swatched in person to find your right color, as online they look very different. The tubes, also, are supposed to be the color of the blush stick but that obviously doesn't translate to the skin.

I had never tried a creme blush before, always using powders. This did take a fair bit of effort to blend with my fingers and at first I think I put on too much. You definitely have to work at the blending and find the right amount for the look you want. This blush stick is definitely the most pigmented NYX products I've ever used! Once blended out, the color stays, but looks soft and can be made to be subtle with the right amount of both product and blending. If you wear a lot of base makeup, you might end up rubbing it off while trying to blend this out! It has a hint of highlight to it but isn't super shimmery. Does not feel sticky or greasy. Color sticks around for a good five or so hours before fading noticeably.

Price is about right at $6 for the tube and the twist-up chubby stick is convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shade: tea rose

Pros:
-surprisingly long-lasting. Survives the work day even better than some of my powder blushes.
-compact, twist-up packaging (slightly double the circumference of two lipsticks)
-easy to apply: either lightly dot it on your cheeks, or I dab my elf small stipple brush over it and lightly swirl it on
-not sticky or tacky at any point in application
-get along well with my NYX HD translucent powder

Cons:
-more expensive per ounce than the Maybelline Master Glaze twist up cream blushes. These contain 0.13 oz.

I use this everyday for work and plan to purchase more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE! Hibiscus and Waterlily - First one on the brightening apricot side; second is a little more plum/rose blend.
Use the brush, pinch the end of the bristles a little, sweep across the product gently and apply. Otherwise, putting on directly from the stick is too much. Blends very nicely. Stays on all day, very flattering, and does not settle into pores, pits, lines. $5.99 at Ulta. Have used as a lipstick too!
Prefer to powder that does not stay on so well and can be exceedingly drying. This is NOT oily nor does it wipe off easily. Truly a remarkable rouge.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in pink poppy which is the ugliest shade ever on nc40 skin. I don't remember why I bought it but I wish I didn't

However:
The lasting power is quite good, the pigmentation is okay, it's moderately pigmented but it will still show up quite well on the skin.
The downsides are that it's hard to blend. Even more so if you live in a colder climate or store ur makeup somewhere that it's kind of cold. It'll make your foundation slide off ur face while you frantically try to make it look like you aren't actually a clown, and stare at the mirror, horrified at your reflection.
You probably can tell why I gave this 3 stars.

Overall though, if you are fair skinned most of these will look great on you, so you'll be fine. If you're nc35 or above, beware...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found these very hard to blend. I don't like pushing on my skin that hard to get a color blended. I prefer their cream blush to the sticks. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in hibiscus. Very pigmented & long-lasting (when set with a powder). This is my goto winter color. I used it almost everyday from sept-march & have barely made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by raspberry90

I have this in the color Tea Rose.
I honestly got it because it was $1 at Urban Outfitters. I had no idea what it was, how to use it, or any idea about the brand or what a stick blush was (apart from it being a blush, of course).
I get red very naturally and this is a great color to compliment my skin tone without accenuating my redness. I dab 2 or 3 applications on the back of my hand and then use a face brush to take it from my hand to the apple of my cheeks. It gives me just enough color. I don't think this is how you're supposed to use it, but if I applied it directly to my cheeks I know that I'd look like a clown, no matter how much I blended it in.
So anyway, highly recommended from an accidental buyer.