August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Blush - NYX - Stick Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by raspberry90

I have this in the color Tea Rose.
I honestly got it because it was $1 at Urban Outfitters. I had no idea what it was, how to use it, or any idea about the brand or what a stick blush was (apart from it being a blush, of course).
I get red very naturally and this is a great color to compliment my skin tone without accenuating my redness. I dab 2 or 3 applications on the back of my hand and then use a face brush to take it from my hand to the apple of my cheeks. It gives me just enough color. I don't think this is how you're supposed to use it, but if I applied it directly to my cheeks I know that I'd look like a clown, no matter how much I blended it in.
So anyway, highly recommended from an accidental buyer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by GillianRose

I purchased the shade Pink Poppy and although it's a very gorgeous color, I would not recommend getting it again. Obviously it's a creme blush and if you have oily skin you shouldn't be buying any creme formed products but even if you had dry to normal skin, i still would not recommend it. It leaves off a very shiny and cakey finish and feels uncomfortable on the skin because of how sticky it feels. That's just me though, haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MN48225

I'm a huge fan of the Tarte cheek stains so this purchase was a no brainer. I know some of the reviewers say it's a bit drier (though, not chalky) which is fine by me. My skin is incredibly oily so anything with too much "slip" ends up disappearing. I got Hibiscus and loved it. To me, it's a nice warm pink. And, I also got the Orchid which is coral with gold shimmer. The shimmer is visible but it's not too much. Subtle.

The packaging is standard for a blush stick. Though, I don't see the point of the outside coloring. It definitely doesn't match the inside and they're all really similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The orchid color is so pretty! Definitely one of the best blushes I've ever used. After foundation I just directly apply the stick to my cheeks while smiling then blend it with my fingers. It gives you such a pretty natural glow. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great, well-pigmented, comfortable and affordable cream-stick blush. I purchased two of these in Hibiscus and Orchid. Hibiscus is a warm neutral color and Orchid is a beautiful duotone pink with gold shift, with Orchid easily being my favorite blush color of any blush I've ever worn.

The blush stick comes with a fairly generous amount of product for $6, more than many drugstore blush products. The packaging looks and feels of cheap plastic, but the blush stick is sturdily adhered to its case and the packaging matches the color of the blush, so it's easy to identify without opening and twisting up. The pigmentation of the blush may also seem a little intimidating but these sheer out to a flush of color when blended, and only about an inch-long line of application is needed on the apples of each cheek. A little goes a long way, and with powder these last nearly the entire day.

The only downside I find to these stick blushes is that they're not as creamy as higher-end stick blushes like Clinique's Blushwear Cream Stick or Josie Maran's Argan Lip & Cheek Color Stick. On application they feel a little dry and drag on the skin if directly applied to the skin, but it's the only thing I can do without wasting product rubbing it on the back of my hand to warm it up and make it creamier. When it's blended on the skin, the warmth makes it so easy to sheer out.

These are definitely more pigmented than my other favorite blush Maybelline Dream Bounch Blush. Since the NYX Stick Blushes are more cream-based and heavier though, I think I will stick to them only for the colder seasons when I need more moisture on my face, and switch back to Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush during the warmer seasons, since the Dream Bouncy Blush is a more lightweight cream-to-powder formula. Great drugstore blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by jentoronto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Hibiscus.
The colour is great. This lasts really well all day - never looks cakey or slides off.
I find applying it with a sponge is the easiest way for me to get even colour. I swipe the stick on the a sponge then dab the sponge on my skin. Lets me lightly layer and build colour.

No glitter, no sparkle, doesn't dry out. It's totally perfect.

I sometimes add a *light* dusting of translucent or bronzing powder over top - Seems to make it last longer, but even without powder it lastes longer than any other blush I've ever tried.

I would definitely repurchase this.

I like it much better than NYX cream blush (in the compact) - which I find slides off y skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently got this in orchid and hibiscus.
Orchid is a pretty neutral pink with gold shimmer. It is similar to nyx's Pinched and Nars' Orgasm but with more glitter. It is a bit too shimmery for my winter makeup look but will look pretty during the summer.
Hibiscus is a satin yellow toned pink. It looks really pretty on the skin and is a good everyday color, especially during the fall and winter.
Both of the stick blushes I got have a very creamy texture. They are not the easiest to blend but do blend out to a natural even look. They are both very pigmented and the color payoff is beautiful. The only thing I did not like is that the packaging feels a bit cheap and does not match the color of the blush, but for the price and quality, it is totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this. I bought this in the shade Orchid at Ulta for around $6. It's a beautiful, vibrant shimmering pink. When I swatched it on my hand in the store, I was sold. The texture is nice, but it is pretty hard to blend in with a brush. If you use your hands, then it is perfectly fine. The wear time isn't amazing. For me this only lasted a couple hours, though that is way better than other blushes I have tried. Overall, this is a very good blush and I am looking forward to trying other shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I purchased this blush in Tea Rose from the NYX website. As I have mentioned before, extra credit points to NYX for being cruelty-free and so affordable too. I love stick blushes in general, and I was looking for a plumy/mauve one. I have the Pink Grapefruit stick blush from 100% Pure and it is my all-time favorite go-to for the pinky/peachy look. I was seeking something a little darker for winter. 100% Pure's plum shade looked awful on me, so I returned it. This one from NYX is perfect. It is a gentle shade of mauve. The pic posted by another reviewer on here is a good representation (on her arm). The staying power of this product is great & it is super blendable. One reason I like stick blushes is that I have acne-prone skin on my nose, forehead, and chin - so the products I use to combat the acne and the oil tend to dry these areas out...the stick blush puts a little "glow" back into the picture. Seems to balance things out a bit. I think these blushes would be great for someone looking to give stick blush a try - they really perform, there are lots of colors to choose from, and they are cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I feel that this product is the epitome of "average."

I bought it in the colour "orchid" which is a peachy-pink, and it's alright.

It smells kind of like a crayon, which is a bit of a turn-off, but as far as using the product goes, it is simply "average."

The colour payoff is nice, and it's true to it's colour -- not too pigmented, but not too dull. It went on pretty, but it wore off pretty fast. I'd give it, say, three hours? After that...almost gone.

It's not very easy to blend, either. I found that my fingers are basically the only thing will do the job, and even then, I feel like I'm having to scrub it in to blend it out. But it's pretty.

I'll use the one I bought, and if someone gave me of these, sure, I'd use it, but I just feel that for the price (which was remarkably fair), I could just get something better in almost all departments.

C+, NYX.