December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Blush - NYX - Stick Blush (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shade: tea rose

Pros:
-surprisingly long-lasting. Survives the work day even better than some of my powder blushes.
-compact, twist-up packaging (slightly double the circumference of two lipsticks)
-easy to apply: either lightly dot it on your cheeks, or I dab my elf small stipple brush over it and lightly swirl it on
-not sticky or tacky at any point in application
-get along well with my NYX HD translucent powder

Cons:
-more expensive per ounce than the Maybelline Master Glaze twist up cream blushes. These contain 0.13 oz.

I use this everyday for work and plan to purchase more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE! Hibiscus and Waterlily - First one on the brightening apricot side; second is a little more plum/rose blend.
Use the brush, pinch the end of the bristles a little, sweep across the product gently and apply. Otherwise, putting on directly from the stick is too much. Blends very nicely. Stays on all day, very flattering, and does not settle into pores, pits, lines. $5.99 at Ulta. Have used as a lipstick too!
Prefer to powder that does not stay on so well and can be exceedingly drying. This is NOT oily nor does it wipe off easily. Truly a remarkable rouge.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in pink poppy which is the ugliest shade ever on nc40 skin. I don't remember why I bought it but I wish I didn't

However:
The lasting power is quite good, the pigmentation is okay, it's moderately pigmented but it will still show up quite well on the skin.
The downsides are that it's hard to blend. Even more so if you live in a colder climate or store ur makeup somewhere that it's kind of cold. It'll make your foundation slide off ur face while you frantically try to make it look like you aren't actually a clown, and stare at the mirror, horrified at your reflection.
You probably can tell why I gave this 3 stars.

Overall though, if you are fair skinned most of these will look great on you, and if you have darker skin, as long as you can find a good shade you'll be fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found these very hard to blend. I don't like pushing on my skin that hard to get a color blended. I prefer their cream blush to the sticks. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ashli185

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in hibiscus. Very pigmented & long-lasting (when set with a powder). This is my goto winter color. I used it almost everyday from sept-march & have barely made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by raspberry90

I have this in the color Tea Rose.
I honestly got it because it was $1 at Urban Outfitters. I had no idea what it was, how to use it, or any idea about the brand or what a stick blush was (apart from it being a blush, of course).
I get red very naturally and this is a great color to compliment my skin tone without accenuating my redness. I dab 2 or 3 applications on the back of my hand and then use a face brush to take it from my hand to the apple of my cheeks. It gives me just enough color. I don't think this is how you're supposed to use it, but if I applied it directly to my cheeks I know that I'd look like a clown, no matter how much I blended it in.
So anyway, highly recommended from an accidental buyer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by GillianRose

I purchased the shade Pink Poppy and although it's a very gorgeous color, I would not recommend getting it again. Obviously it's a creme blush and if you have oily skin you shouldn't be buying any creme formed products but even if you had dry to normal skin, i still would not recommend it. It leaves off a very shiny and cakey finish and feels uncomfortable on the skin because of how sticky it feels. That's just me though, haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MN48225

I'm a huge fan of the Tarte cheek stains so this purchase was a no brainer. I know some of the reviewers say it's a bit drier (though, not chalky) which is fine by me. My skin is incredibly oily so anything with too much "slip" ends up disappearing. I got Hibiscus and loved it. To me, it's a nice warm pink. And, I also got the Orchid which is coral with gold shimmer. The shimmer is visible but it's not too much. Subtle.

The packaging is standard for a blush stick. Though, I don't see the point of the outside coloring. It definitely doesn't match the inside and they're all really similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The orchid color is so pretty! Definitely one of the best blushes I've ever used. After foundation I just directly apply the stick to my cheeks while smiling then blend it with my fingers. It gives you such a pretty natural glow. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great, well-pigmented, comfortable and affordable cream-stick blush. I purchased two of these in Hibiscus and Orchid. Hibiscus is a warm neutral color and Orchid is a beautiful duotone pink with gold shift, with Orchid easily being my favorite blush color of any blush I've ever worn.

The blush stick comes with a fairly generous amount of product for $6, more than many drugstore blush products. The packaging looks and feels of cheap plastic, but the blush stick is sturdily adhered to its case and the packaging matches the color of the blush, so it's easy to identify without opening and twisting up. The pigmentation of the blush may also seem a little intimidating but these sheer out to a flush of color when blended, and only about an inch-long line of application is needed on the apples of each cheek. A little goes a long way, and with powder these last nearly the entire day.

The only downside I find to these stick blushes is that they're not as creamy as higher-end stick blushes like Clinique's Blushwear Cream Stick or Josie Maran's Argan Lip & Cheek Color Stick. On application they feel a little dry and drag on the skin if directly applied to the skin, but it's the only thing I can do without wasting product rubbing it on the back of my hand to warm it up and make it creamier. When it's blended on the skin, the warmth makes it so easy to sheer out.

These are definitely more pigmented than my other favorite blush Maybelline Dream Bounch Blush. Since the NYX Stick Blushes are more cream-based and heavier though, I think I will stick to them only for the colder seasons when I need more moisture on my face, and switch back to Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush during the warmer seasons, since the Dream Bouncy Blush is a more lightweight cream-to-powder formula. Great drugstore blushes!