December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Total Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this oil comes in a plastic bottle with a pump. i don't think this is travel friendly by the looks of it.
$38 AUD in myer.
yellow in colour, very watery consistency which is good because it allows you to spread the liquid all over your face without dragging. i have only tried the dermalogica cleansing oil which was much thicker, harder to spread and only worked well once it was emulsified.
the clarins oil spreads easily and once emulsified, takes all the make up off.
does not have a smell, if there is one, it is very very faint.
it also doesn't leave a heavy oily residue on the skin - though i use cetaphil gentle cleanser to clean off the excess oil. i also used my clarisonic with the cetaphil- more make up residue could be seen on my brush head.
i would purchase this again. i am a fan on clarins products because they're simple and gentle, yet effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Total unsung hero, like a lot of Clarins products. Absolutely the best oil cleanser on the market, for both makeup removal (I wear ELDW, so it needs to be heavy duty) and gentle cleansing properties. Reasonable price and lasts a long time. Kicks Shu Uemera and Bobbi Brown (and coconut oil, castor oil, etc) in the butt.Get some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by glamfish

I purchased this because I had heard so much about oil cleansers. I wasn't disappointed, this made my skin feel great and it removes make-up too which is a bonus.

I really liked the light feel of this product, my skin felt clean without becoming dry or irritated. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally a cleansing oil that really does take everything off in one go!!! I have tried so many cleansing oils that I was starting to think it was a bit of a con. This one comes in a decent sized pump bottle and has a pleasant olive oil smell that is barely detectable. I used two pumps and that was more than enough to do my face, neck and eye area. This removed colourstay lipstick, waterproof mascara and sunscreen that I had on under my makeup. I massaged this on my skin for about 1 minute and then emulsified with water for another minute before rinsing the whole lot off thoroughly. Usually when I have rinsed off an oil cleanser, my eye area looks racoonish and I have to go and get an eye makeup remover to finish the job. NOT THIS TIME! The clarins oil got everything!!!!! My face was completely clean. There was not a trace of anything left and best of all, my face felt really nice. Might have found my HG cleanser here!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

It is quite a gentle makeup remover, olive oil based, but very lightweight and emulsify into milky texture when contacting water. It's easy to use and removes makeup quite thoroughly. I smells just like olive oil. I bought this product in asia I guess it's due to Asian likes cleansing oil style makeup remover.

For 150ml bottle, the clear bottle with yellow liquid in with pump, packaging is good and easy to use, i paid about 30 bucks or so. I like Clarins product line anyway for it's gentleness for my sensitive skin.