November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - LUSH - emotional brilliance

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these.

Bubbly (lipstick)
Decisive (lipstick)
Strong (lipstick)
Believe (lipstick)

I have to say that Bubbly and Decisive are my favorites right now.
They go on really smooth and pigmented if you don't dilute it.
I usually use my Lush "None of your Beeswax" lip balm before putting one on,
as it makes it more subtle of an appearance and you can use less. :)
I feel like it might help it last longer, too, since it moisturizes your lips.

For even added wear, you can exfoliate beforehand with Popcorn (which is what I have) or another flavor of their lip scrubs :)

I haven't tried out the eyeshadows enough to have a good opinion on them,
but they're just as smooth and creamy as the lipsticks so far!

5/5 lippies! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Lorysreview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the pink one called brilliance i think. It is good but it stings my lips! sadly, I will never use it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I was getting LUSH for a gift n found the colour brilliance line. Uffff. It was love at first swipe.

I didn't pick any up, but one particular shade stayed in my mind, Sophisticated.

Fast forward. months later I have finally picked it up. It is so difficult to choose btw!

Some could function as several things- but I think generally each item is formulated specifically for one use (lip stain, eyeshadow, cheek colour, or liner). Of course you could try other ways but Sophisticated, for instance, would only really look beautiful as an eyeshadow; for a lip colour it'd be too contrived.

Fantasy for is a beautiful glittery gold that would make a nice eyeliner. Etc..

The boy told me these can be used as mascara, with a disposable mascara applicator- and he let me pick up loads of their applicators (the disposable ones for testing) free!

Anyway Sophisticated is the most gorgeous sheen-y taupe that can work in any situation except perhaps private schools with a strict no makeup rule...

Great lasting power. Extremely pretty, I layer it to at least 2 swipes, waiting for the first application to dry, which is the way to get cream shadows to really stand out. It looks nice as a sheer wash too.

I look forward to treating myself to more of these in the following months. I hope this line is never discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by darkfeathers

I got the Independant eyeliner (black) and Decisive lipstick (cherry red).
The eyeliner goes on well, but I've noticed that some bits end up flaking when dry and ending up in the corners of my eyes. On the plus side, any mistakes can be wiped away really easily.
The lipstick is way too bright for me though. I thought it would be darker when I swatched it in the shop but it ended up everywhere when I tried it on my lips, and it was really hard to remove the stain. However, when using it as a blush (just a dab on each cheek and really blending it in) it was pretty good.
The packaging is really cute and would be pretty handy for travelling.
I got these two at half price at the after Christmas sales, so it wasn't expensive but I'm not sure I'd repurchase. I might go and get a creme eyeshadow though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by product_ho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a deeply pigmented lip colour/ cheek colour called Confidence. It is most like Nars lip stain in Victoire. It will not budge and is quite matte. Good does-it-all product. Nice subtle scent. Got it at half-price in the post-Christmas sales. Result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far my favorite and longest lasting creme cheek color! I bought Perspective after having a LUSH sa try it out on me and I still remain impressed by it. It a very pigmented creme all in one color for you face/body.

Things I love about it:

- The scent. Very subtle, doesn't linger or overpower, and you barely notice it is there. It is a very natural orange flower/neroli and rose scent.

- The color. These little jars are jam packed with pigment, and a little goes a long way. 2 or three dabs and it is more than adequate as a check color. Plus, it is the most natural looking creme cheek color I've ever used. Just blends in beautifully, a very natural rosy look. I have Bobbi Brown cheek colors, but they tend to be hard to blend and too bright, and the Tarte gel ones I've used didn't look as natural.

- It's long lasting. I have not used these pigments on my eyelids, although I mixed it with some of my Rosebud lip balm to create a gloss which lasted about as long as I could lick my lips. However, I'm so impressed by how long lasting the color was on my cheeks! After an 8+ day of commuting, working, walking outside in the the wind, the blush was still there! I have used all sorts of creme and gel blushes only to have it all rub off in a the span of 2 hours, but not this.

- Easy to apply. I think the doe foot applicator is perfect for this, and I like that Lush used glass jars. I love make up that is easy to apply, and nothing is easier than apply this with your fingers.

Overall, I think the Emotional Brilliance line is interesting, but definitely stands out as cheek/face cremes and highlighters. I would also recommend trying out one of the pigments as a cheek color, and pairing it with Feeling Younger the pearl colored highlighter creme, such a natural beautiful look!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

PACKAGING IS HORRIFIC! It arrived to me in mail from lush.com and the wand was BROKEN Clean off!, I ordered and mascara aswell and the applicator was snapped off aswell VERY POOR PACKAGING. The product itself is a bit thick and weird consistency. I won't be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by robyn824

I was so excited when Lush came out with eye/lip makeup that I went out and bought some right away. I bought the red lip color called "Decisive". Well, this was actually TOO effective as a lip stain because it would not come off!! Even after scrubbing, it would not come off my lips or anywhere else it got. Also, the applicator broke off inside the bottle so now I can't get it off. The color itself was way too bright, I know that sounds weird, but it would only work in very select situations (definitely not for everyday). Hopefully Lush will improve their makeup... this was definitely not worth the 23 dollars I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lulu2387

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought Confident & Perspective, these two colors mixed together makes a beautiful mauve nude color on my lips which looks great On my complexion (NC 50 Mac ). They look great on their own as well but with perspective a lipliner is needed in my opinion, it looks too pale on my lips. The other minor problem with perpective is it tends to settle in between my lips lines & can give an uneven application. So exfoliating & moisturizing is key to getting an even application, I've even tried coloring in my lips with a lipliner closet to the color to help minimize the creasing & to prolong the wear of this lipstick. Other than that the application is smooth, long wearing & moisturizing, & vibrant colors. Don't like the glass bottles and the dinky applicators, I'm pretty clumsy & if my don gets a hold of them, that's money down the drain... A little goes a long ready, so I dab a few dots on my lips & blend with my fingers. These will last me a long time, the other color that also looked great on my complexion is passionate which will be my next purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DECISIVE lipstick

I have been destined to own this lipstick since the very first moment I tried it on. The reason is simple - I fell in love with the colour. Can't help but this is the most pigmented this I've ever worn ...and it makes the colour really intense. And I mean reeeeally intense.
I also like the texture which is a little bit oily, so it hydrates your lips well.
And I like those cold undertones (a sort of neon pink or violet) you can see in the highlights it gives away.

On the contrary I have to say that is thing is unbelievably messy. You have to be very careful while using because it is very persistant if you put it on your hand, T-shirt...and so on. Unfortunately the only place where it's not very persistant are surprisingly your lips. This smudges like hell. If knew how it was going to hard to apply it, I would think it over.

The colour is awesome, but I can't wear because of the horribly messy texture which won't last few minutes without smudging all around your lips.