September 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Arginine Resist X3/Triple resist Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if being in Australia changes things but this shampoo is fab! I've been having serious hair fall since a couple of months ago, to the point where I had to cut my hair because my hair was falling out in clumps.
So, I saw this on sale at priceline for a$7 for the 1L bottle, I brought it home and I am utterly amazed by how much hair I have not lost!
My hair fall is crazy. I know you're supposed to shed approximately 100 hairs a day, but mine is easily twice that amount.
Even my daughter's hair is staying on her head instead of the bathroom floor.
I have not used the conditioner and just the shampoo alone has helped tremendously with hair fall from the first wash and it has also made my hair softer and more managable.
I'm loving this. I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by vickyjb

The first time I used this Shampoo I thought, wow Ive found something brilliant - it made my highlighted blonde hair shiny and beautiful BUT and theres always a but isnt there? Ive developed an itchy scalp which must make me look like I have Nits or something, which I havent
What a shame because it improved the look of my hair
I cant buy it anymore :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by becka1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this product on offer for £1.99 for the 400ml bottle which was a great price, it smells great and made my hair soft, unfortunately my hair is fine so it made it a little greasy at the roots but it was great on my dry bleached ends, I have use L'Oreal shampoos before but i think they have changed the ingredients because this shampoo has caused my head to itch and my forehead to get a slight case of dermatitis ,my boyfriend also had this issue with his L'Oreal shampoo too , overall not a bad shampoo but i don't recommend if you have had issues with a sensitive scalp in the past

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Youtuber Emilieclarke reviewed the ingredients and compared it to Kerastase, another L'Oreal formula. I think this stuff is fantastic. I have very highly processed blonde hair ( natural base level is a 3) with tangles and dryness you can get with going blonder. Finally after 3 years of blondness, I have found a great conditioner than wont kill my budget. And by great, I mean softness and shine I have never had before. Go put it under your Christmas tree now.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

First review of this, I alternate this with tresemme luxurious moisture as too much protein can cause hair to break. The first time I used it, my hair felt strong, not too soft, and healthy. The second time I used it, my hair was far too soft, and everytime I out my fingers through my hair, hair was falling out. Pretty scary! Not too sure if I left the conditioner on for too long ( only 2 mins) but it was literally too soft and seemed to be falling out. The day after, i woke up and the hair loss wasn't there and my hair was still soft but very dry in on the ends. Will review again soon

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought the shampoo, conditioner and spray. I have really had hair fall cause i dyed and bleach my hair a lot and on top of that i grew out my hair all the way to the hip. so yeah.. my hair is super damaged with hair fall.

Everytime my hair recovers i dyed it again and my hair starts to get thin but this time my hair is super long and hard to manage so i decided to use this and it helped! When i wash my hair less hair falls out, it doesnt completely stop everything but the first week i used it, i noticed the difference. The shampoo isnt stong where it strips your hair and makes it dry and also really moisturising(I used the conditioner as well) but i still need to use hair mask and oils.

I have to say though that if you use it way too long your hair gets use to it and isnt that effective than when you first use it. So i suggest you to switch and then come back to it againThe smell is nice and isnt overpowering.
Overall it does what it says, makes my hair healthier but after awhile i need to switch and come back again. The conditioner isnt super conditioning and i still need to use a mask and all. But the shampoo and spray makes my hair stronger. I kept trying to find reviews on the spray but i cant find any! ): the spray is really nice, isnt oily or sticky!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by MKOP

I am in love with JLO and her gorgeous hair. My hair is thick and has somewhat a bit of wave. I was so enthusiastic to use this shampoo not only because I wanted celeb worthy hair but because my hair is always falling off my head (not balding or anything, just shedding I guess. I often refer to my hair as fur :P) with the X3 the product is specialized for " fragile hair with tendency to fall". First Impressions, I totally loved the shampoo the scent was amazing and it made the whole bathroom smell amazing. Aside from the scent I found that the shampoo improved my hair elasticity, my waves were a little more defined after the first use. As for the hair falling I am sad to report it did not help at all. Although it was somewhat disappointing, I did appreciate the shampoo for the other hidden treasures it contained. I would definitely repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by NitaJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first used this Shampoo and the condtioner my hair was silky soft afterwards with alot of body, however after a few times of using it wasnt as effective and it felt like there was quite a build up of product in my hair! I have a very sensitive scalp and this has really irritated my scalp so its defintely a no for anyone with a senstive scalp. It does seem to work for hair fall though, as I have noticed I have had less hair fall since using it. I will not be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

Okay so, let me start off by saying I'm first reviewing the very first version released in Mexico (In 2011) and I would've given it 5 stars. Cause later the line got reformulated for the bad (2 stars)

I was using an Elvive total repair shampoo before trying this, because I was lightening my hair with a chamomille shampoo that was drying. I alternated them and my hair really liked the Elvive shampoo, so when I ran out of it, I asked my mom to repurchase it. But to my surprise, she arrived home with a new shampoo and conditioner that were just released, I remember seeing them as treasures. I was like wooow, these look so luxurious (and they were also big bottles)

I always used this after washing with the matching shampoo, applied on dripping hair and left only while washing my body and then rinsed with cool water. My hair started getting super healthy, like never before: Amazing shine, silkiness, clean, lightweight but not flyaway or nowhere near dry, soft, and my hair had definition and body. My hair was always left soo clean, even after sleeping on it, the next whole day it would be clean (And the greasiness would start appearing at night suddenly!! Like that would let me wash my hair again that night!) I started using honey and almond oil masks two times a week, and an avocado/mayonnaise/Egg mask once in a while, and also a lightweight spray leave in.
All that made my hair silky and healthy like never before, I was amazed with my hair. I would look myself in the mirror all the time, and also see my hair in the sun, reflecting all the light and undertones gorgeously.

My mother's wavy hair also changed so much, her spirals were amazingly silky and shiny and I couldn't stop touching them, I would always twist her waves more with my fingers.

After around a month and a half or more, I noticed my hair started getting quite meh, more boring and boring and dull... I didn't know what was happening but I just continued with my haircare routine. When I finished up the shampoo, a lot of conditioner was left. But after finishing the shampoo, my hair was so boring and not healthy again.... I never realized it was BUILD UP! ....GOD! I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT BUILD UP WAS! I never knew I had to clarify my hair once in a while so haircare products kept working well with my hair. This is a silicone line, so of course I needed to clarify.. but I didn't know anything about build up or silicones back then. If I had clarified, my hair would've never gotten boring!! And let me say the boredom with this line started when using conditioner for my cinnamon lightening treatments (leaving the conditioner with it overnight once a week) so of course the product was going to build up! I didn't repurchase cause I just thought my hair stopped liking it, but it was only build up! Grr

Then, 6 months later I repurchased the shampoo... here goes the bad review

In 2012 I started having some hair loss problems around April (due to hormones, stress, lack of sleep, dandruff and many harsh shampoos) and the problem aggravated drastically around August. I immediately thought of buying this shampoo! Cause I remembered how lovely it left my hair and I already knew what build up was! But guess what? it got reformulated and it worsened my hair loss! LIKE HORRIBLY!!! My hair strands would fall out and fly away everytime I touched my hair. At first It made my hair glossy but not so clean, and then the hair loss got so much worse. I experienced the worst stuff with this new version: Dirty hair, build up, horrible hair loss, dirty scalp, static, dull hair, SMELLY hair, frizz, sponginess and whatnot

I stopped using it and went back to JUST one therapeutic shampoo I was using and my hair loss stopped dramatically, to a point where I only shed about 1-3 strands of hair during shower... seriously.

The only reason why I gave it one more lippie, is because it could actually help my hair when shampooing with it like only 5 seconds after washing with the harsh anti dandruff shampoo, cause this way it moisturized it a bit at least, and I actually had the lovely scent on my hair. But only this way... using it alone was a catastrophy.

I am so disappointed in you L'oreal, this new version is plain (excuse me for the use of the word) SHIT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by poshmels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shampoo on special and I wanted to try it as it said to help fallung hair as I lose alit if hair. I have colored fine hair and my hair feels very light and soft when air dried and even softer when blow dried. I didn't purchased the conditioner.I would buy again!