September 2, 2014 | 1191 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is way too thick, its very pigmented but the formula needs to be more viscous. Its like paste on your face emphasising every pore and flakie. A much better version is the Becca Complete Coverage Foundation, since its just as pigmented but so much better in formula. I don't recommend this under any circumstances, you can get other high coverage foundations without putting up with the glue like thickness. I tried every primer but it is still too thick and was not even in finish. There is no slip so make sure you moisturise and prime prime prime!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by 04x13

This foundation has amazing coverage, a little goes a long way. I'm ok with the consistency being a little thick because it does what it says, it's FULL coverage, and transfer resistance which is perfect. I have discolouration on my nose and around my mouth, with this foundation I don't need to apply any concealer which is a plus. The foundation goes on light but the colour will start to set and darken a bit on your skin which is perfect for me. I have been obsessed with it. Although lately my t zone has been oily more than usual and this foundation didn't mattify as great as it usually does for me so it's best to wear with a finishing powder(it is fine without though). For a foundation that claims to mattify it does do a good job though.And it's best to put on a primer first if you have dry patches on your skin. The packaging is okay, it comes with a little thing to stop the pump, don't lose it because it's helpful. And if you apply this foundation with brush it often leaves lines, I use the beauty blender instead and it goes on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mooncosmicpower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after I ran out of my usual Make Up Forever Mat Velvet to try it out. I have acne and very oily skin, and this product does an amazing job at coverage. A little goes a long way. I hardly have to use any concealer on my problem areas because it works that good. It is a bit thick, so you have to work faster with it, but it dries to a mostly matte finish. I use this with primer, so the wear and coverage does last all day. The only thing I have a problem with is that it is very thick so it feels a bit heavy on my face and after about 5-7 hours it starts becoming not as matte, so I have to touch it up with powder. It is also very hot here, so that might be the problem too. Other than that, I really do like this foundation and would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants full coverage or has very acne-prone skin, just keep in mind that one pump is usually the perfect amount, if you add more it looks a bit cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pbandjbeauty

I've been loving this for my combo oily skin! It creates the perfect canvas and makes my acne prone skin look amazing for about 6 hours! Some people, though, especially the ones with dry skin may not appreciate the completely matte full coverage that you will get from this product. LOVE LOVE 😍

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ImogenHearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First let me explain my excitement and anticipation before purchasing this product. I think I was more worried that it would not live up to my expectations, to even begin really thinking about purchasing this product! But alas!!! I have the product in hand and have spent about 3 months with it so I feel I have a full grasp on my feelings for it.

I will try to hit all of the main points or concerns I have seen for this particular foundation.

1. I have read about this product not being travel safe. I can tell you right now 100% it is. When you very first pull this gorgie product out of the box, you will notice that there is a small plastic stopper stuck in the pump! SAVE IT! This will make it absolutely impossible to pump the product while it is intact! The only way this product is not safe is if you have thrown this little guy away! I simply replace mine after every use, and if you don't feel that is something you would like to do just throw it in a drawer for later when you decide to take a vay-cay!
2. I have also read that this product is very cakey, and I feel as though I have a pretty good idea why this is being felt by so many. It is all in the medium that you use! I put this to the test as well. The first time I applied this product I used a sponge (beauty blender doupe) and I could not figure out why everyone was saying this! Although I thought maybe this was just a case of mistaken mediums! So I tried using it with a flat top brush, and DING DING DING! Cakey! It went on way to thick, and I totally understood why this was happening! If you try using a blender or sponge I do not believe you will run into this problem!

All in all! I ADORE THIS FOUNDATION! The packaging is fantastic and the formulation covers EVERYTHING! I don't think I can say enough good things about this foundation! Seriously! And I typically use a light coverage foundation for everyday use and I have been finding myself switching it out and using the Kat Von D most days!

The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is for the simple fact that they did away with a lot of the lighter shades! BOOOO! I am the type of person who likes to take my foundation a shade or two lighter than my skin just so I can really get a good contour going, but they have taken the lighter shades from me :( Oh well, such is life!

If you would like to check out my first impression I have a video right here!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Zoee350

This foundation is seriously the best ! I saw a review on this a while back while I was searching for "Good" foundations. This foundation is FULL COVERAGE!!!! Ladies believe me when I say this .It comes in a little tube with a pump so its very convenient with the hygiene and easy to use. Yes it is a little heavy on the skin but then again what do you expect when you use a Full coverage foundation. A little tip from me to you , Exfoliate your face before use just so it wont stick to any dry patches, use a base under ( moisturizer, primer etc.) for easy gliding and use a brush whether it be a stippling or a buffing brush. This was just a little pricey at exactly 36.72 at Sephora taxes included but on the Brightside it last a while just because a little does go a long way !(: So do give this a shot !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by shah90

I think this is a great product even though it is not what I was looking for. There are reasons why I gave it a 4 but not a 5.

- mattifying (lasted in the humid NYC summer)
- very full coverage (con for me but god for those who like full coverage; it's enough to skip the concealer unless you have really bad skin)
- wide variety of shades
- no transfer. NEED TO SET WITH POWDER. otherwise it feels sticky
- cute packaging, very Kat
- great for travel: i can lock it so there's no leaking and it's plastic so i'm not afraid it will break
- has an odd smell (kind of like rubber?)
- can be overly drying on people with dry skin
- need to work fast with it as it doesn't blend well after being on the skin; use in sections at a time. thick consistency; can easily get cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by feliciaill

I don't have acne prone skin however I still love the all over full coverage look and this foundation is perfect for that! other reviews said that it can look too caked on and that is true, if you put too much on. i only need about one good pump for my whole face and that is more than enough. sometimes...well most of the time when i don't wash my face and sleep with my makeup on the foundation still looks perfect when i get up! i used it on my nina for her hs reunion and she liked it so much that she went out and bought it the next day.
the 34$ a bottle can be pricey but it does last a long time which is great :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Tacoramackenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is adorable, and the coverage is amazing! I bought this with hopes of covering my redness and freckles, and while it does a good job, it made my dry skin look patchy and caked with makeup. The formula is just way too thick, and it's easy to wipe off, even when you set it. Throughout the day, if you don't have time for touch ups, you WILL look like a hot mess, because it oxidizes on your face and turns a little orange. However, if you just want to wear this for a special event for a few hours and get great coverage, it could work. If you don't like the "makeup face" feeling, this is not for you! Definitely a heavy duty formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could never get this to go on smoothly and look even. I tried different brushes, blending with my fingers but nothing seemed to make a difference. This is full coverage, it does stay matte and it lasts all day. It didn't feel heavy to me once it was applied.
The smell is very noticeable. It smells like paint.
If you can get this to apply evenly it isn't a bad foundation. The price is too high IMO, especially since revlon's color stay outperformed it and is about $10 compared to nearly $40 for lock-it.