Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 3/31/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and I know this is a thick matte foundation but I decided to give it a try. I originally bought 44 which was to dark, but used the entire bottle. Then 42 came back in stock. I bought that and it matched. I originally LOVED this product. Even with my very dry skin. I have bad hyperpigmentation and it covered well. I'm also out of the bottle I have and I HATE this foundation. First off, the foundation is blotchy/patchy on my face. I've tried primers, lotions etc. I know how to do my makeup. Anyway, I blend and blend and it literally looks like I completely missed my lower cheek area. I've tried plenty of brushes, etc to get it to blend nicely, but it won't. Idk if there was something wrong with the package I got, but I will NOT repurchase.

on 3/26/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Ok, got a sample of this tonight in my sephora package, put it on with a beauty blender, observed how it wore on my face for about 4 hours, & fell in love. Was so impressed I placed an order for it...thats how much I loved it. I have been dedicated to my revlon colorstay for YEARS and this took the cake. Its basically the same thing but with a more natural finish & texture & more precise color match. Light 48 melts right into my skin (was using revlon colorstay in Nude). I have oily, sensitive skin & like a FULL coverage long lasting, matte foundation. This really blew my hair back...if you like revlon colorstay consider getting yourself an upgrade!

on 3/24/2015 8:38:00 AM

Literally bought this foundation on a whim. I had tried literally everything and didn't know what else to do since nothing was working for me. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin and everything either was not enough coverage, had poor color matches or made me look like a greaseball. I'm so glad I got so frustrated and ended up trying this because it is amazing. Truly full coverage and makes my skin look great. Only thing is I wish it didn't leave a white cast in photos. Not sure yet how to fix that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have very oily skin,hyper pigmentation, the occasional breakout, and this is the best liquid foundation I've used in a VERY long time! This covers everything so well, it is truly amazing how smooth my skin looks with this foundation.And it doesn't feel to heavy at all, and I don't need a concealer! Even though I bought the matching concealer, which is the bomb btw. I don't need it with this foundation, and that is so cool!

I have warm undertones and I'm in shade 48. This doesn't oxidize on me either! I'm very impressed with this foundation and it's ability to stay matte for up to 8 hours!

I use it with Urban Decay's De Slick Spray and set it with a regular loose powder. I also carry a powder foundation in my bag for touch ups if needed, but I find that I don't need it!

I'm loving this, and will definitely re-buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Am I The Only Oily Gal This DID NOT WORK For!?
Omgsh This Made Me Look Like A Swamp Monster!
I Have NEVER EVER Had Makeup Look SO SO Bad On My Face!
I Wanted To Cry!
It's Like It Brought Out Every Single Oil Drop I Had In My Face!
I'm Hardly Oily When I Don't Have Makeup On..
And Not Oily So Much On My Cheeks With Makeup On..
But The Day I Wore This, I Was Oily EVERYWHERE On My Face!
I Was Oily Within 10 Minutes Of Putting This On, Imagine What I Looked Like After 9 Hours!
And This Makeup Is Ungodly THICK AND HEAVY.
It Made Me Break Out.
When I Got Home I Instantly Washed My Face!
And Not To Mention The Color Match! OMFG!
The People At My Sephora Are IDIOTS.
I Was So YELLOW I Looked Like I Slathered MUSTARD On My Face!
This Was The Worst Makeup Experience I Have Ever Had.
This Taught Me To Never Try New Makeup On A Freakin' Work Day, An 8 HOUR Work Day At That!
This Was Retuned IMMEDIATELY.
Got My 40 Bucks Back And Never Looked Back.
I Will Never Ever Step Foot Inside My Area Sephora. Ever Again.
Nothing But A Bad Experience With Their Makeup.
Not Worth The High Price To Me.
This Makeup And The Workers Ruined Sephora For Me.
I Literally Looked Like I Had Pancake Batter On My Face!

This May Work For Some Girl, BUT BE CAREFUL!
TRY BEFORE YOU TAKE THE LEAP AND BUY!

on 3/17/2015 12:05:00 PM

Okay, this is called a tattoo foundation for a reason. It is very thick and opaque, it will cover anything on your face. That said, it was so thick I couldn't blend it well. I don't have much to cover other than a few blemishes and old acne marks, so I'm not sure why I even bought it! But I gave it a try and found it's too heavy for me in the Winter, I can't imagine what it would be like in the Summer! So, onto something else....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG since ive tried it out on a trip to vegas. Light 44 is my perfect match its full coverage. Stays put doesnt look cakey. Love.

on 3/16/2015 11:08:00 PM

I picked this product up whilst I was visiting Sydney (we don't have Sephora in Melbourne yet). I tested it on my hand in the store and found a shade that matched well. I was amazed by just how many shade options there were, it was really great as I usually struggle finding a shade to suit my skin.

It applies quite thick and I noticed it dries fast too, so you have to work quickly! I love the staying power and full coverage of this foundation. I work 15 hour days and it doesn't wear off at all. I had to touch up once throughout the day with a bit of powder as my nose got a little bit shiny, but I have oily skin so I'm used to this and to only have to do this once a day is amazing for me!

Like I said, the coverage is great (definitely full coverage). When I purchased this, the lady mentioned that it will completely cover tattoos. I'm heavily tattooed and while I have no interest in covering them, I did give it a try to see. It does NOT cover tattoos at all! So if the SA suggests this as a selling point for you, it's not the case. After a bit of research I found out there's a few products from the range needed to cover tattoos. As I said though, I didn't buy it to cover my body art so I'm really pleased with this product. The packaging is super cute too and I much prefer plastic to glass as I travel a lot so it doesn't add too much weight!

Will definitely be repurchasing this one!

on 3/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've wanted to try this foundation for a long time, and when I went to the US last fall I got my hands on it (I live in Sweden and Kat Von D does not ship to my country). I have an oily t-zone and hyper pigmentation and like my foundation to be full coverage (or at least medium to full). This foundation is thick and creamy and a little goes a long way. The range of shades is good, I have very fair skin and found a match (which rarely is the case). It smells a little like paint. It has quite good staying power, but I have to blot maybe two times in one day. When applied sloppy it can crease under the eyes and in wrinkles on forehead etc. Overall a good foundation for oily girls, but not perfect.

on 3/3/2015 10:32:00 PM

This is the HG of foundations! Very nice full coverage, and one pump covers my entire face. I have had a hard time finding a foundation that covered my freckles in a way that still looked good, and this foundation does just that! It lasts all day,and never oxidizes on my skin. Ver happy with this purchase. The packaging is super cute too, with black little roses on the sides! Love it! I highly recommend!

Video Reviews & Tutorials