Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Let me start off by saying I have very dry acne prone skin and this foundation dose no justice ! I hate it I returned it after 3 days of trying different methods of wearing it. It delivers great coverage but it looks SUPPPERRR CAKEY ! And it oxidized on me, by the end of the day I looked like a orange cake face. Super thick formula even just wearing it is so uncomfortable

I love this foundation. When applied with a brush it is the fullest coverage I've found without looking ridiculous. When applied with a wet sponge it looks full coverage but natural and is my face way to wear it. When mixed with a drop of oil it is dewy and sheers to a medium. I have dry skin and I still love it, however if I'm going to apply it with a brush I like to do some extra moisturizing first!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation is incredible!

I usually stay away from any product "created" by a celebrity, but I was desperate for a full coverage foundation. Something to make me look flawless. Something to hide my spots, pores and just even everything out. This foundation is part of a line that is supposed to 'blur' out tattoos, so why not terrible skin?

I have loved my MatchMaster by MAC. It is a fabulous foundation, but I find it does not always agree with my skin. I save it for a special occasion because I find if I wear it all the time, I would have even more skin issues.

I was in Sephora looking at foundations and was told about my options and what would make my skin happy.

One of said options was the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation.

Now like I said earlier, I was hesitant. I was leaning more so towards the Make Up Forever HD. I didn't want to spend nearly $45CDN on something because it was 'created' by someone famous.

I eventually let the sales girl talk me into applying it on my face. Just to give me an idea of how it sits on my skin.

Well. I was pleasantly surprised. It looked very nice and I was flawless. No need for concealer when using this bad boy!

The colour selection is incredible too. So many options to choose from which is perfect for those who have hard to match skin. I was matched with #44 Light with Beige undertones. It is perfect.

When I have very long haul flights to work, this is always my go to foundation. It stays on quite nicely and I don't have to worry about it shifting or melting off. It goes on matte and makes your skin look like velvet. I do find though, after about 8 hours, that if you are prone to oily skin, you will start to see some shine; so just keep some pressed powder on standby.

It also states that this won't transfer, and I do agree with that. I wear a navy blue neck scarf with my uniform and never see any foundation streaks after a long day.

Breakouts are not an issue. But be sure to have a good makeup remove to take it off or I am sure it can cause some unwanted skin visitors.

I highly recommend this for anyone who wants velvet smooth looking skin, that wont melt off after 2 hours.

wow i had high hopes for this foundation. it took me days to decide on a shade as am no where near the Sephora store so had to purchase online. really wish i hadn't wasted so much time. This has got to be the worst foundation i have tried. used a bit less than one pump, the product slid off my nose a few minutes after leaving the house. then to my horror i could see my pores peering through! i looked horrendous but powered on sheepishly through the work day. caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror that afternoon and i looked like a slimy oily mess. i moisturized and used a primer too. so disappointing because the packaging is great.. . never again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is a decent full coverage foundation. It can be really thick and cakey if you are not careful. I apply a thin layer with a beauty blender and that really helps with smoothing it out and not layering too much. This foundation really needs a good base, which means supple, moisturized skin. If you have dry patches, it will show. Dry skin overall may not like this foundation because it is matte and clings to uneven or rough patches on the skin. Of course it works like a dream over the featherweight primer! It covers redness, dark spots, and smaller acne very well. One layer is all you need. The lasting powder is decent. I can go through an 8 hour workday and a workout to see there is still some foundation left. Overall, this is an okay foundation. I'm still not sure yet whether I'd repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have only used this product a few times, and currently feel indifferent about it. I have very oily skin and somewhat severe acne, so I wanted a full coverage foundation. The Kat Von D 'Lock-It foundation' is full coverage and has buildable coverage (however I find that 1 layer can cover my skin relatively well and still remain full coverage). Because my skin is so oily, liquid foundations appears so "melt" off my face within a few hours after application (even with setting powder), and has a tendency to look very oily. This foundation is the very first foundation I have ever tried that has not appeared extremely oily within the first few hours of application. However, I have noticed that it wipes off my face very easily once my skin does start to show signs of oiliness/shine. This foundation is $49.00 in Australia at Sephora. I will not be repurchasing this foundation, because I have a feeling that my current bottle will last me a while. I recommend this foundation to those who may have slightly oily skin and want a longer lasting full coverage foundation.

Pros:
- comes in a wide range of shades
- full coverage
- good for oily skin, but not the greatest foundation for it either
- stays matte for a good few hours after application
- pump bottle, cute packaging
- did not break me out

Cons:
- has an odd plastic-like scent
- after a few hours, makeup seems to rub off
- feels a bit sticky while applying

I tried everything to make this foundation work for me and it just didn't. It creased, caked, and just looked horrible. The thing that's most upsetting to me is that she did a campaign with this make up covering all her tattoos and she still sells this like she doesn't know how tacky and thick and gross it is. Not worth it and hope I can save someone the money.

I got a sample of this and wanted to give a first impression of this foundation. To start this stuff is thick! I was amazed at how odd it felt to be applying this to my face, it feels like face paint, very mask like. It has full coverage for sure but not necessarily in a good way because the texture can actually make skin look less smooth in natural lighting, little bumps appear bigger under this foundation. It is not all bad though it has very nice velvet matte finish that I like alot and after a few minutes it doesn't feel as heavy as when first applied. I will come back with an update on how it holds up.
#Update: This stuff is killer! Love it, I am definitely buyin the full size asap. What is so awesome about this foundation is that it is concentrated which allows you to customize your coverage and when I mix it with some moisturizer I only need a tiny amount and it smooths on my already moisturized face so nicely, without feeling cakey and thick. It covers fully no need for concealer anymore and it won't budge all day without needing to use a primer. The finish is perfect for my combination skin it's a oil controlling matte that gets glowy not greasy throughout the day, it doesn't feel too dry, with a couple powder blots it's back to a flawless matte. The shade light 48 is a good match for me it has neutral undertones, I think I am about a nw20. Good buy the bottle should last a long time if you use it like an artist uses paint, sparingly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

so far i love this. i am extremely fair, so i finally got light 42. i have scarring- i am allergic to most ingredients in setting powders, so i need something that dries matte.
i liked doublewear but it isn't light enough- i mixed that w Mac f&b white, but it got tacky and none of the undertones seem natural.
i liked studio fix as well - i used nw10 mixed w f&b white, but it didn't set matte on my oily skin- using a setting powder breaks me out.
the kvd seemed difficult at first, but my skin works well with it if I apply with my fingers and skip the kvd primer, which makes the foundation tackier ans transfer.

The Kat Von D Lock-It foundation is Amazing!! My color is light 46 and I bought it for $35 at Sephora. This foundation is my HG foundation. I like it when my foundation is a little more on the thicker side for consistency and this foundation is just right. It doesn't feel cakey and it goes on very smooth and looks almost airbrushed. This product is buildable but honestly one pump is enough to cover my whole face and then I take my beauty blender over it to smooth things out a little more to my liking. If you're one to be very very adventurous when it comes to using makeup I suggest this foundation it's a must!

Video Reviews & Tutorials