April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After going through several drugstore foundations and trying mac I definitely prefer this over it all! It is very thick and covers we'll so it's great for people with blemishes or scars! I don't think it's buildable because it cakes up but you don't need to build this because it covers so we'll the first time! I love the pump bottle and just the way it looks. It is more than I'm used to paying for makeup but a little goes a very long way so don't put too much on your face! I usually use two pumps and sometimes still have some left over! I will keep buying it until something better comes along if that ever happens!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I'm so mad I returned this product for te tarte foundation!!! I'm going back this weekend to repurchase this is the only foundation that covers all my acne scars . Even tho it's very hard to blend and emphasizes dry patches. I found that when I mix it with my loreal true match , I just add a few drops . It goes on so much smoother and creamier I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jadaite

I love this product, it covers very well and you don't lose that dewy look either. I do agree that it is quite thick and you have to blend it really, really fast! It is great for a bride or bridesmaid. It might be too thick for everyday use if you are not used to the full and thicker coverage. I am used to full cioverage so I have no complaints and it stays all day. I have gotten as much as 10 - 12 hours coverage. I do not have oily skin though. Over all one of the best foundations out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I forgot to do this review yesterday. This foundation is so good that I can't even get into reviewing it. Just go get a sample and try it. It's hands down to best foundation I have used. Just got it two days ago. Omg this is finally the stop where I get off the train for searching for my perfect foundation. I have found it. After two years of searching for a full coverage foundation to replace my old full coverage foundation that was discontinued. I will not ever buy another foundation as long as they keep making this one. The only thing I can say it's that if your are thinking about buying this foundation...go try it first. IT WILL NOT COME MELT OFF IN SUMMER HEAT....I LIVE IN HOUSTON AND IT WAs HOT AS CRAP YESTERDAY AND NOOOOO MELT DOWN. NOTHING. I need to find out the proper way to remove this foundation. It does stay on. Women of color try this foundation. They have shades for us. Im a nc50 and deep 68 works perfect for me. Oooohhh thank the father for kat and her team to create this.thank u kat von d.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am a medium 64. Does what it says. I have very oily skin kept it Matt all day. Good product. Must try. Be care with choosing your skin color, there isn't a wide range of tones. But I will def repurchase again if I need to. A SMALL drop goes a long way. $32.00 at sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Clo0107

LOVE THIS STUFF! I an nc30 in Mac and have a very yellow undertone. M53 is the most perfect match I've ever had in a foundation. It's long wearing and controls my oil better than anything. My face looks flawless and anything I put on top continues to look great as well. This is now my hg!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by GreekGodess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a greaat foundation, thick and full full coverage, I am a light medium , and I took shade 48 as 52 would be a tad too dark and more yellow, maybe if i have a tan, I wear Urban Decay in Shade 4, or Sephora foundation in shade 20 Y. Mac C3. You have too blend this out with a beauty blender, its thick and if you use a Sigma foundation brush i find it leaves it too thick,, A little goes a long way,,, It covers super well, but i dont need that kind of coverage, i just wanted it cause i have obsessions with foundations.... But its a great buy and the coverage is awesome, make sure you have a beauty blender to blend this out, Kat Von D has a great line, I hve a few products and i love them all....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

PROS:
-good coverage
-doesn't break me out
-good shade selection

CONS:
-holy mother of God it's thick
-cakey. I don't know how this could look anything close to natural
-pricey
-difficult to apply, because of its thickness

Overall, I do not recommend this product. I thought it would be HG because of my acne and scars, but it is simply not worth the disgusting look it gives my skin after application. Sorry, Kat:/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you have combination/oily, problem skin this foundation most likely will work well for you. I have combination skin that can get oily during the humid summer, as well as blemish scarring and occasional breakouts. This foundation definitely blurs my skin's imperfections and gives me a polished look.
I like this product in the sense that it certainly does live up to its claims. It keeps skin matte, has even, full coverage, and stays in place as long as you wear it. The packaging is also very convenient and sturdy, which I love because a lot of foundations are so difficult to handle and very messy. For me personally, however, this foundation is a little too full coverage. Even though I have problem skin, I still prefer foundations with medium or medium-full coverage at most. There is nothing wrong with this foundation, I just prefer a little lighter coverage.
The only complaint I have about this product is it dries on skin so quickly and you must have a very good beauty tool to use this foundation. When using this foundation,I would recommend placing a small amount of product on your beauty tool and covering your face in sections, instead of doing all the face at one time because this foundation will set and dry quickly.
In addition, for those of you with dry skin or skin with any dry areas, beware if using this product because it is definitely a matte, full coverage foundation, so any dryness will be accentuated. In all, this is a good product that provides what it promises, and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice full coverage, shine control foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by amypenner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation!! My old HG was EL double wear, which is also fantastic, but if you have any red marks from acne or scars, this foundation covers much better than DW.

The consistency is thick, so you have to spread it quickly and make sure to blend really well. I alternate between using a sponge, and my clinique foundation brush.

Even though I could not find my exact match, I purchased two, and then mix it myself. I have come to the conclusion that, if a foundation line has only a handful of colours, the chance you will find an exact match is very small, so if you can purchase two and mix them, you will find you get such better results!