July 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by janesp34

So i went to sephora to get a match for a foundation and the MUA recommended this. I thought it was okay but it is super heavy on your face. It definitely covers but it feels as if your wearing a mask. I didn't get oily which is good, but i wouldn't try it again. I hate feeling like im wearing a mask

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

It does what it promises, which is incredible full, matte coverage. For the most part, I did like this foundation. However, it is extremely thick, almost glue-like, and I found it difficult to blend - almost impossible if I wasn't wearing a moisturizer underneath it. I didn't notice it break me out, but it did tend to cake up and dry my skin. Lastly, the range of shades isn't the most extensive, and the shade I owned seemed to oxidize after a few hours, becoming too dark and orangey for my very fair skin. Overall a good foundation, just not the best fit for people like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Hannnahwil

OH MY. This foundation completely exceeded my expectations. I had been struggling finding a good full coverage foundation, it was either not enough coverage or too cakey. I am not a huge fan on using concealer so my foundation would either be too sheer or look very cake face. This product is hands down the best full coverage foundation I have ever used. Definitely my new HG product. It's good for all skin types if you prep your skin properly with a good moisturizer and primer. It will leave your skin absolutely flawless. I was so worried it would clog my pores and break me out but since I've been using it, it hasn't broke me out once. I see a dermatologist and my skin is fairly sensitive and it's been simply amazing. For 34 dollars it will last you FOREVER. Totally worth the money. Simply amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. It is expensive but a little really does go A LONG way. Seriously, just a little bit. I find using a lot of this makeup is what makes it cakey or layer strange on your face.

This product is a great all day wear. Myself, I have oily skin and my skin stays almost matte after a 9 hour work day with this product. It is also great for a night out with photos.

The only downfall rating is for the packaging. I find the bottle gets messy with the pump, it is also very large for any transportation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylaroska

I can't say I absolutely love this foundation but I do like it. the color matches perfectly, it covers everything and looks nice and airbrushed when I apply with the beauty blender. the things I don't like about this foundation is I don't find it matte, at all and it never seems to really set on my face and has a sticky texture. also when I put powder on my face after with a brush the foundation separates, but when I apply powder with the beauty blender. I probably won't buy it again since I've tried much cheaper foundations that are just as good

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only purchased this foundation because I had a gift card to Sephora and my usual foundation is MAC's pro long wear, which obviously is not available at Sephora. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, Lock-It is for you, however for me, it was way too heavy for everyday use. The colour matched flawlessly to my skin, but if I applied even a little too much it was very cakey and unnatural looking.

The packaging the pretty but hard to control how much product you pump out. This usually resulted in pumping out too much and using more product than I needed.

It's not a horrible foundation, it fulfills all its claims for coverage, it is just not a ideal foundation for daily use or those who do not need such a heavy foundation. I am glad to be back using my MAC prolong wear! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is very full coverage, and it really works for my oily, acne prone skin. The first thing that I appreciate about it is that it's oil free. Second, it's transfer resistant-ish and lasts a long time. Third, the packaging is pretty cool looking, and it has a convenient pump nozzle. A well-known beauty blogger claims that this foundation is very "sticky" and "hard to blend", but I believe that is a given with full-coverage foundations. It dries light but covers well and it does blend fairly well with a damp Beauty Blender. This is my main foundation, and I plan to stick with this for as long as it's offered, or I happen to find something... dare I say, better?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl1488

Very full coverage foundation, covers well. I do need to powder after a while in my t zone as I can get shiny with this foudation there. I use to wear Estée Lauder double wear and I would say this is very similar just a step down. It doesn't blend that great but it's because it's such a thick consistency. If you like Estée Lauder double wear this might be worth trying since it is a bit cheaper. I wouldn't call this an everyday make up look but definately would be great for nights out. I didn't have problems with breakouts and it comes in a wide variety of shades but it does have a tendency to oxidize so make sure you get the color closest to your skin tone if you even buy just a tad darker shade the you really are you run the risk of it being to dark for your complexion after it oxidizes. Over all I would buy this again IF I didn't want to spend the money on Estée Lauder double wear. It's decent it's just not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

out of all the foundations I've tried this is my favorite. it's simply perfect. It has very high coverage, there is no need to wear concealer or powder over this (I even wear a tad but of this as concealer when using bb cream). for some people this foundation may be a little cakey or heavy (specially if you have dry skin) but when I wear a serum, moisturizer, and primer under this it's very easy to apply, you only need one pump-full (sometimes even half a pump) & it feels so smooth and after a minute of letting it dry it stays matte for the rest of the day. it does not break me out at all and I've been using this for almost a year. When I got it it was $36 but the product itself lasts you a very long time I would say 5-6 months depending on how much you use daily so it's worth it. I would definitely always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

favorite foundation by far! I purchased it for 34$ but it's a fairly large bottle and 2 pumps covers my whole Face. It lasts all day and I constantly get compliments on how good my makeup looks. A must buy!