October 25, 2014 | 967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Hand & Nail Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Absorbs really fast, leaving your skin very moisturized and smooth. What I like most about this one is that it has almond oil in it, in the long term it really helps to keep skin on your hands looking young and healthy, it's also good for cuticules. The smell is very natural, not overpowering and fades quickly. The price is $20, but with body shop's regular sales I never paid the full price for any of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Dayday00

At first I didn't love it. The smell is not the best, and also I thought it did nothing for my hands.
But, after about a week of use, I noticed that my cuticules were very moisturised and so, no existant.
I never had such beautiful hands.
The texture is thick but it's not greasy and it penetrate the skin very quickly.
I will repurchase this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first product I ever tried from the Body Shop, and it totally won me over. It has a very refreshing smell, and also moisturizes very well. It sinks in really quickly, which is a total plus point for me. My hands feel so much softer! My friend even complimented that my skin looks really good. I stopped using it for a while, and I could feel the difference. My hand became really dry and some of the skin even started peeling... but when I applied this again the effect was totally divine. This hand cream is absolutely wonderful - I don't think I will bother trying others, because yes it's THAT good.

Just like the body butters, I have a love/hate relationship with it being in a tub. Hygiene is a concern, and not that friendly to bring it out due to hygiene reasons. However, because it is in a tub I can use up every bit of it, and I can control the amount I want to take as well. I personally like to slowly massage it onto my hands at night at leave the thicker amount on my hands when I go to bed, I always wake up to such soft hands.

I think it's a bit pricey though, but with this quality I'll definitely buy it again. I've even stocked up on this during their sale! =D

PS: I tried both this and the hand cream, and in my opinion the butter does a better job in moisturizing your hand. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a thick cream, but it sinks in very quickly and lasts. This in combination with The Body Shop's Wild Rose Caring Hand Wash has got my eczema under control. Digging it out of a pot is annoying, but understandable given how thick it is. I use the back of my nail to scoop out a dab and then wipe it on the back of my hand and then rub the backs of my hands together and then spread the remainder on my palms. I do this repeatedly until my hands feel soft but not greasy. I have a pot at work for when I take my gloves off (I'm a research scientist), I've got a pot on the nightstand and one in the kitchen for when I'm done preparing food. Great stuff!!