April 17, 2014 | 1460 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Split Remedy Split End Sealing Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by AshaleeeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! Does exactly as it claims. My hair was extremely damaged from excessive use of heating tools, but since I've been using this product it has literally healed my hair. Goodbye split ends!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MsLovelyC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't see much of a differnce with this product. It's more on the sticky end when applying to hair, so it works better when hair is wet. It smells great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by noturusualgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is really AMAZING!! It makes your hair look healthier and in better condition. It makes a HUGE difference on the ends. I have really horrible dry split ends and this tame them like crazyy! This is only my first use and I'm super happy with the results! I applied it after I washed and condition my hair as a leave in creme, specially to the ends, and just a little bit to the rest of it. It didn't make my hair look greasy (which is a problem I have). I have super damage ends and I was thinking about cutting it even though I want really long hair and this change my mind. Excellent product. Also, it was only four bucks so it's super affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY thing that worked on my fried bangs. I somehow fried my bangs on a curling iron and even after a haircut I was left with frayed ends due to the damage being so far up (and I was not going to cut my bangs that short LOL!) So after trying various spray oils, texture putties, etc. I remembered I had this in my arsenol. All that I did was spritz some water on my bangs to slightly dampen them, applied a dime sized amount to my fried ends, and then I blew them out using a round brush on a warm setting. INSTANTLY my bangs looked 90% better! Only the tiniest little roughness. This is going to be a go to product as my bangs grow out, and even once the damage is done I'll continue to use it. Honestly sealed my ends and didn't leave my bangs limp or greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by hollyd1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After bleaching my hair one too many times (resulting in a lot of breakage) I saw this at Priceline and decided to give it a go as it was $5. Have only used it once and my hair feels amazing and soft and can get a comb through it without hair breaking and falling out! Feel as if my hair hasn't even been bleached.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

this is just a great product in every way. it has a very light scent for those who are don't like scents. it smooths and detangels hair without weighing down my waves. you can also just put it on the ends of you hair if you like. this is a drugstore gem and the price is crazy cheap. i put it up there with Redken products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

I have long, thick hair which i havent trimmed in over a year. i also work in the pool and the chlorine has really dried out my hair. This leaves my ends feeling very soft and i do notice a dramatic difference with my split ends! Ive only started using it in the last week or so (every 2, 3 days when i wash my hair) but from what ive seen, this stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

'up to 80% reduction in split ends' - this is a pretty bold statement and i can't say for sure if its true, but i can tell you that i really like this product!

why i like it:
- leaves hair feeling smooth and soft
- smells nice
- not greasy and doesn't leave hair oily/ look dirty (a really important point, in my opinion, as many serums i have used in the past were so sticky and left my hair looking limp)
- a little goes a long way
- reasonable price
- easy to apply

i've only given it 4 out of 5 because my hair is prone to breakage - its fine, can be dry at the ends, oily scalp and it's highlighted, casuing further damage. I want to see if the serum lives up to expectations and really does eliminate my split ends.. but so far so good. Thanks Tresemme!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by rainbeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I'm living on a budget at the moment. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the results. I have really long, straight, fine hair and I usually just let it air dry. I don't have too much of a problem with damage or anything but when I let it air dry with the split end serum, it leaves my hair super soft and shiny. I don't see how a product is able to "reduce 80% of split ends in 3 uses" but at the price, I'm very satisfied with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by djunk1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought and used this today based on the good reviews, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I put my hair through hell this weekend, using 3 box dyes and Revlon's highlighting kit to lighten my black hair. Needless to say, it worked--but my hair ultimately felt like straw!! Even after deep conditioning, I knew I needed some sort of serum to mend my *scraggly*-looking ends.

I squirted 2 pumps into my hands and distributed it through the bottom half of my hair which was slightly damp. After it air-dried... OMG. My hair was so silky and smooth and my ends also looked so much better! I couldn't stop running my fingers through my hair (which I couldn't believe I was able to do after my hair resulted in being very straw-like). Honestly it felt as if I had never dyed/bleached it.. ha. Right now this is a miracle product at a very affordable price.

I've only used this product once but I'll update if anything changes.