August 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Scrubs - Giovanni - Dtox System Purifying Facial Scrub with Charcoal & Volcanic Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by KittyBooBoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to since I started using natural products. The exfoliating beads are very small and gentle, but the charcoal cleans deep-- it's a perfect combo. I did have a small breakout the first time I used it, but I also broke out the first time I used a product containing charcoal; I think that's just because it really purges your pores, and I haven't had anything but great results since.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by MysticTea

I found this scrub to be perfect. My skin is very sensitive and can get dry very easily. This scrub is very gentle, like the reviews before, "like baking soda." I bought this because i have really bad clogged pores around my nose, chin, and in between my eyebrows. I've been using this product for the past week and my clogged pores are no longer existent :) I will definitely continue to buy this scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kayabee85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this scrub. I find that most exfoliating products irritate my skin and actually make me break out more. It feels like clay which makes sense given that it has volcanic ash listed as one of its ingredients. Because of its thick consistency, I like to use it as a mask and leave it on my face for 5-10 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and completely clean - without stripping away its natural moisture or making my skin oily. This is definitely a steal and the results are better than most of the brand name products I have purchased over the years. If you come across it, I recommend giving it a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would classify this as a gentle scrub so those who are looking for an intense exfoliating product will be disappointed in this. It has wonderful ingredients and it doesn't clog my pores or leave my skin red and irritated. It has a thick grey paste-like consistency and as others have noted, it has micro-fine particles to scrub with. It leaves my skin soft and smooth feeling and rinses clean. I can care less for the scent but it doesn't bother my nose. I have other scrubs that I prefer so I am not sure if I would repurchase. However I would recommend it for those who have finicky skin or have oily sensitive skin such as myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by intheclouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was optimistic about trying this product until I actually used it. What a disappointment. The granules were too small to be effective at exfoliating. I scrubbed pretty hard and I was still left with flaky patches. I also broke out afterwards which is atypical for me. The only redeeming qualities about this scrub are that the ingredients are pretty natural and the price was reasonable. Maybe this could be used as a hydrating cleanser but not for exfoliation. Unfortunately my skin is oily/combo so I have no need for a product like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reviewing the whole D-tox facial care system: AWESOME! It smells heavenly - just a very light, clean scent. The cleanser makes a creamy lather; the scrub is so fine, like baking soda; the mask is divine - slightly minty/cooling, really creamy but absorbs stuff like crazy; and the moisturizer is very light but hydrating. Each goes for about $9, so pretty cheap. After a complete facial, my face felt SO soft, looked clearer with great tone, not red or irritated, but more even and bright. The moisturizer did not seem to break me out today, which is a plus. it feels really light, not sticky or tacky. Will keep you updated!

**UPDATE** I returned this whole line to the store a week later. This stuff will tear your skin up and cause it to break out more. Holy crap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Underrated, below-radar gem.

So much better than any other scrub from the drugstore and more effective than most of the high-end brands. Very hearty, dense, non-oily, non-slippy, rinse-clean formula whose abrasiveness can be easily manipulated depending on how much pressure you use (don't be scared off by the large grain size--you can make it very mellow if you prefer that to the enthusiastic scrubbing my skin likes).

After I rub it in I like to keep it on my skin for a good 5 minutes in the shower so the steam can push it in further giving the active charcoal a chance to do its magic.

On my 4th tube. Always stocked in my shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Being an 'organic skincare' junkie, Giovanni hits me right at the sweet spot. Its unique blend of acai, goji, charcoal, and volcanic ash... this product caught my attention at the first sight !

Texture wise, it comes in a grey coloured creamy texture with very fine granules. What I particularly liked about it is that the granules is not abrasive, and does not make you feel as though you just sand-papered your skin. It is unscented, and leaves a nice emollient feeling on the skin.

Retailing at only AUD13, this product is very affordable and i would highly highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I picked this up on a whim while I was at Walmart. The thing that honestly caught my eye was the fact that this contains charcoal & volcanic ash, which I find pretty cool. I've also heard those ingredients are very good for skin. I used this at night, after I washed my face with my usual Pond's make up remover. This left my face feeling so soft, smooth, clean, pure, didn't dry my skin out at all (actual added a bit of moisture), didn't cause any breakouts (so safe on sensitive skin), & this scrub was EXTREMELY gentle. I truly was amazed, & I still am. I believe I paid around $8 or $9 for this, but that was a very well spent amount of money. The bottle this comes in is very small, but you only need literally a tiny little glob of this. I wet my face first, then apply this & gently scrub in circular motions all over my face for about 2-3 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. I will definitely be buying this again & I would reccommend.