September 21, 2014 | 2060 users online

BB Cream - Boots - No 7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by smuckers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love!! This is a great product for under the eyes/top of the cheek bone area. Really brightens and makes you look refreshed. I have oily skin so not sure I would use this all over my face...maybe in the winter time I'll give that a try when my skin is drier. Overall excellent product for a great price; rivals the high-enders for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No, no, no!! I was really excited to have this product and was using it daily. About that time I began to notice a troubling trend in my makeup. I would check myself in the mirror after work and see that my foundation, that had been my best friend for years, would be totally streaked and gathering into makeup rivulets on my face! Especially between, around, and on my brows and eyes - I could see finger streaks in the make up! And gross sticky lumps of it clinging to my skin, refusing to blend. Since I have several forms of favourite foundations (BB, mineral, powder, liquid, mousse), I tried them all, and boy it felt awful that when I would check out my face in the natural light in my office my skin just looked sad and bad.

I even returned the new bottle of my favourite brand of makeup that I just got, thinking oh well, I guess it doesn't work on my changing skin. Wrong!

It wasn't my make up at all, it was the No. 7 Instant Radiance! I tried another primer one day and suddenly my old favourite foundations were behaving beautifully. So I knew the culprit was this so called beauty balm. It's hilarious because the back of the bottle reads "For Tired Looking Skin", and I'm thinking, "No kidding! That's exactly what it gave me!"

I hate single purpose products like this, because now that it's a disaster on me, I can't use it say, on my feet - or maybe I will. Adore the packaging though. Slick look, and well made, and you get a good amount of product for the price, not that in my case is any great perk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was looking for a dupe of MAC Strobe cream and this is it! The only difference is the texture of this is a bit lighter as the MAC one is more of a cream and this one is slightly more gel-like which is better for my oily skin. I'm annoyed that I can't get No. 7 where I live and this is hard to find online so I ended up swapping for this. You get a lot of product for the price and I like the glass bottle with the pump. It is quite heavy and bulky to travel with but I don't even care, the packaging is 1000x better than MAC's strobe cream. There is a teeny bit of a difference in the pigments if you're comparing the two but honestly they look the same on my skin.

If anyone is interested in a side by side picture I can do that, just let me know. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart for 10$. And for the quality of this product, that truly is a steal. As other reviews have vocalized, this is definitely not a beauty balm. Personally, I wouldn't use it all over the face at all, though maybe a small drop could be mixed into foundation.
Instead, I like to use this product as a selective highlighter; so, on the tops of my cheaks, down my nose and above the cupid's bow. Initially, it has a very cool, gel-like texture and seems to have a very obvious and garish pink shimmer in it. But when blended out, it offers the most beautiful and subtle sheen to the skin.
Packaging is very substantial and lux ( a nice glass bottle), but I think the cap is a little hard to put back on. But I'm being picky :P
I have a few problems with the product though. Firstly, I find the smell way too strong and a little offensive (I'm not a fan of the old-lady perfume smell). I'm glad it doesn't linger. Also I find this product a little hard to blend over my foundation, as it makes it a little streaky and can be difficult to blend seamlessly into my darker South Asian skin.

Despite these qualms, I think this is a wonderful product and I would purchase it again. I probably won't need to however since they give a ridiculous amount of product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Elle02

I would give this a 10. It is really worth buying. It makes you glow. I put it on, add minimal makeup, then spray with the new NYX dewy finish make up setting spray (also a 10!) . the whole look lasts till bedtime.

These two items have cut down on my products needed and application time and reapplication time by half.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

PROS:
Makes foundation look AWESOME. It gives your skin a soft "glow from within look." Because I have skin on the oilier side, I set with a finishing powder and the combination of this and the powder are perfect. The powder stops it from looking too glowy (aka oily) and this stops the powder from making my skin look tired and dried out.

CONS:
I hate the fragrance. It's a little too strong for me and I really just prefer products that don't have any kind of lingering smell to them. Also, this contains alcohol which is a known skin irritant and can dry the skin out.

Overall, I still choose to use this product but a fragrance free, alcohol free version would be ideal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- sampled the famous MAC strobe cream today- realized it is the exact same thing as this! Lol
---
This is an amazing amazing product. i WISH it had more hype surrounding it, it definitely deserves it. I use it like a base, before powder foundation--or i mix it into ANY liquid foundation.. and it makes my skin look amazing. (Flawless, glowing, radiant. NATURAL. Not fake or overdone.) The foundation gives coverage, this gives the most amazing luminescence. It's such finely milled shimmer, much more finely milled than any "highlighter/illuminator" i've tried at sephora's or anywhere.
It has a bit of pinkish purple tinge to it, but when you smooth it onto skin it makes you look subtly glowing, radiant, healthy, and kinda like you're blushing. I used this on a girl when i was doing her prom makeup, the second i put this on (no other makeup), her skin was transformed--her mother was standing by watching and had to know the name of this product.
Recommended to ALL THE GLOW-OBSESSED MUA-ERS!
edit: noticed this is categorized under "bb cream" it is so not! it's just an illuminating lotion, no tint or long term skin benefit properties.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Peridot07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT a beauty balm in the traditional sense. It's not even a beauty balm in the Western usage of the term. It's a shimmery lotion. That's it. There's no tint, no coverage, no skin care benefits. Just a shimmery lotion.

That being said, I really like it! Not as an all-over face cream as (I think) it's intended, but as a highlighter. A little dab on each cheek bone looks lovely and helps give some definition to my face. Would I buy it again? Definitely! But not for a while since 30mL of this stuff will last a very long time!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No