November 26, 2014 | 1023 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Clear Smooth BB Stick 8-in-1 Skin Transformer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by drunkenpastels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*This is a review of the Clear Smooth BB White - I realise there isn't a page for it*

Let me just say this. I really, really, REALLY dislike this product.

Firstly, I live in a place where it's humid and the sun is out 80% of the year, and this product just melts off my face (most likely due to the weather). So I guess I can't really blame the product for not staying on my face for a long time. But honestly, by the time I step out of my house, which is about an hour after application, it starts to melt, how horrible!

Besides that, I really dislike this product because:
- it has a very strong smell of sunscreen
- it caused a white cast on my face when I took a photo using flash (possibly due to the high spf)
- it was about US$15, which I think is really pricey for a small tube that contains only 18ml of product (it was imported, I guess that explains the cost and generally make up products are more expensive in my country, even "drugstore" ones)
- very light coverage (at the drugstore it "claimed" to have a medium coverage)

Also, its texture is very liquid-y, almost like a tinted moisturizer. It has a dewy finish, which I personally do not prefer since I have very oily skin - nobody wants to look like a big ball of oil.

There are some good things about it though:
- high SPF of 50
- small tube, easy for traveling
- it matched my skin tone
(But honestly, I don't think these are what makes the bb cream a good one.)

Overall, I do not recommend this product, especially for people with similar skin type (very oily and acne-prone) and live in a country with similar weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wore this for 15 hours and it felt itchy after removing it over and over again, red pimples were appearing just don't buy this thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Ichax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First time trying to buy this product, I really like the results because it makes my face smooth. A few hours my face becomes very oily. Even so, I love this bb cream because it makes my face smoother than the original. But if you do not use this bb cream, so my skin looks blotchy and red.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by zia23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have tried the liquid and stick version. It does look like a grayish shades at my skin first, but when the natural oil of my face blend with them, I love it!
The stick version breaks easily, but it looks more 'mate' to my oily skin.
The liquid version do well, the oil coverage last about 3-5 hours for me.
anyway, for such a cheap price, this BB cream do a good jo.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by crazycharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This BB stick didn't work very well for me. The color was too light on my skin tone (I have medium shade, Asian skin) and made me look pale and chalky like a ghost :( Also, I found it rather difficult to apply. I did like the packaging though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by EsDawet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Small tube of BB cream is actually okay because it doesn't last long and I can have reason to buy new BB cream #LOL. Yet compared to its price, I can consider this "ordinary" BB cream in expensive side because the effect isn't that great.
The coverage is low and I think tinted moisturizer has similar coverage compared to this Maybelline BB cream. Though it's easy to blend and matches my skin tone, the oil control is a bit on the low side too. My face started to get oily in less than 2 hours after application. Worse, it caused me breakout too. A no-no product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Shylak3

Good color range, but it's a bit too dewy for me I'd like something a bit more matte and the coverage just passes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Halyxs

I have this in 02 Natural. The color is fine, but it has light coverage so I can't use this by itself. Wearing this I tend to get oily by noon. It tends to get cakey at times too. I tried this while I was in the Philippines so that may factor. It's nice and cheap though, so if you don't get oily easily and need light coverage only you could try this. But on the whole, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got the BB cream in the tube form. Its available in 2 shades here in M`sia i.e, "Fresh" and "Natural". I use Natural (for ref Im a NC37) and this color works on me. I apply with Mac stippling brush & using this simple technique, starting from the forehead I blend gradually going down to my cheeks (where the light falls) and then buff. Product blends easily. Provides sheer to medium coverage. I set with Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One powder, also in shade "Natural".

It comes with SPF which is great for our hot climate here. And due hot humid weather after a couple of hours it looks oily and i hv to blot. At nite when i go dancing and sweat, the color streaks. Honestly, i dun blame the product, its the weather!

This is dirt cheap and being on an economic drive i would re-purchase. Plastic packaging is light, simple and easy on travels.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

This BB cream has a very sheer and light coverage. Too sheer so it can't cover spots/ dark circles. Leaves a grey cast, and looks cakey with hardly any coverage. This product is not long lasting as well. Dries to a powdery semi-matte finish though. However, I guess you can use as a lip concealer, as it will not budge. It's a great alternative! However, if you already have good skin, then you would probably find this good enough(?).