L.A. Colors Lipstick Frozen Berries

Price: $

on 2/17/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This lipstick rules! It only costs a dollar, feels like a lip balm, and is a beautiful sheer purple color that can easily be built up to higher opacities. It's a great "wearable" shade of purple -- not super cool-toned and dark, but pigmented enough to look noticeable and unique.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is kind of ("kind of" I am surmising here...) in the vein of the Pantone Color Of The Year 2014 in Radiant Orchid, but it is a buck, so you really cannot go wrong. I don't personally own Sephora Radiant Orchid, I am going by swatches & ppl wearing it I see online, but I think this could be similar, maybe not "dupe" status but in the same color family. This is a beautiful plummy shade, very wearable & flattering to most skin tones (would look awesome on WOC!), I don't normally go for plum/wine/deep/seriously rich colors but the little bit of frost in this makes you not look too goth or vampyra, so you could wear this day or night even in a conservative environment like school or work IMO. LA Colors is fast becoming 1 of my fave brands. Great quality for the price & CRUELTY FREE!!!!! :)

on 1/29/2013 10:41:00 AM

I stumbled across this line of lipstick at my local Dollar Tree and I have to say I found 2 colors that I truly love -- Frozen Berries and Lilac. These aren't as moisturizing as my other drug store favorites, but adding a clear gloss fixes that. I even experimented and mixed Frozen Berries with Wet n Wild's Lipgloss #578 Sinless creating a beautiful shade of purple. So the next time you venture into the Dollar Store - check them out you may be surprised.

on 12/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

***review I posted on my blog***

At first, when I applied the lipstick I thought it was light. Once I kept going back and forth, it yielded a nice soft-medium color. This lipstick felt like a lipbalm, which I do not mind at all. I understand certain lip colors can make people look ill, it is quite the opposite for me. This lipstick actually looked sexy on me! I think it is a perfect color for the season. A pretty safe color, if you ask me.

Wear time? Well, like all the other LA COLORS lip sticks I own, wear time is about the same 3 hours with the usual drinking and snacking.
Lipstick felt like a lipbalm, which I like.
If you are looking for a deep purple, this is not the shade. But if you are looking for an office friendly purple lipstick, this shade it perfect.

**Positives**

Affordable ($1.00 dollar)
Availability
flattering color

*Negatives*

Color is not opaque ( I do not mind this, personally)
Wear time (for some)

on 6/24/2012 3:06:00 PM

This is an awesome deep purple lipstick and it has Vitamin E & Aloe Vera in it as well. I really like it. I wish they had more colors. It's amazing quality for $1 and really the L.A. Colors makeup at Dollar Tree is what makes me shop there more frequently. It's awesome stuff for the price. This lipstick wears well and has good staying power. Very impressed. Definitely recommend it.

Popular Lipsticks