December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Color Show in Green with Envy

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of pastel nail colors. They're not flattering on me at all and give the dreaded lobster hands look. However this was a gift so I used it. I was surprised to find that, unlike a lot of light shades, it only took 2 coats! The formula isn't the best. Applying this polish takes a bit of work to make it look nice because it doesn't level out very well. It dries quite shiny but not as fast as I'd like. Its exactly the shade of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I wouldn't wear it by itself but it looks really cute with a glitter top coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this polish is goopy and bleh im sorry but i wanted sally hansens mint sorbet from thier xtreme wear line but there was none left so i picked this up its a nice green but its so streaky andhard to apply horrible polish to thick to overall i woulndt repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Applying it can be tricky but I think the result it worth it. I first have to put a base coat, then a thin layer of this, then wait for it to dry, and then apply another layer (a bit thicker but not too thick) to make it opaque. Sometimes it smudges because I put too much on and it didn't dry properly...
It's the loveliest pastel mint green out there. I received a few compliments but a lot more "ugh, green nails are strange" comments. I guess that's why they call it Green with Envy ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is a lot of love and hate towards Maybelline Color Show's nail polishes, and I can understand why. I own three of their polishes, and the formulas all seem different. Luckily, all three that I have are a pleasure to work with. Overall, I liked Green With Envy. The color (once I got it right) complements any outfit, and my manicure (without base or top coats) lasted nine days with my constant piano playing, typing, and other activities (with two coats of polish)! Though the quantity in the bottle is less compared to other brands, the staying power makes it a good value because some of my other polishes chip within three days. The only complaints I have with the nail polish is that the first coat is EXTREMELY streaky, matte, and ugly, but the second coat solves most of that. Also, the brush is a little too short for my liking, making me feel like I had less control.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was eager to find a mint green color for the summer season (as well as some other adventurous, bright colors). I couldn't find the right Essie shade and OPI colors are mostly too dark, too conservative, not matte enough. This $3.29 Color Show polish is a bright, highly pigmented, matte, and only requires one, maybe two coats for intense color. It is also an incredibly thick mixture that leaves crumbly dust at the base of the nail, goes on thick and uneven, collecting at the cuticle, and has a chemical smell that makes me feel like I colored my nails with whiteout. Adding extra coats makes the thick mixture chip. Not to mention I'm sure the chemical cocktail used to make this paste-like nail polish that leaves my nails numb ensures that the customer gets exactly what they paid for. I wish Essie's watery formula took a hint from this very matte, pigmented polish, but not from the concessions it makes to be so cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ilovebeautyandmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was in Walmart looking for a good winter color for my nails and so when I saw this I bought it knowing how great Maybelline is with cosmetics . In my opinion the brush is a little bit to big so if you have small nails and fingers then consider getting something else . The color is great but I have to apply 3-5 coats to have the color appear more vivid . Other than that , This polish is great !!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I bought this nail polish on Black Friday 2012 along with Colorshow's "Born With It" for VERRRY cheap. I expected to use 3 coats or so of this product because Maybelline isn't exactly known for the quality of their nail polishes. I was wrong! It took only one coat for my nails to look STUNNING! I absolutely love this mint green color and everyone compliments me on it! I will repurchase for sure!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay nail polish. Lovely color. A good price. But like most light colors, it can go on streaky. I needed a thin coat and a thicker second coat to make it opaque.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MermaidXoXo26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Glossy pale mint green. It's great for when your in a rush since it doesn't need a top coat to look finished and it dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty color, it's mint green with a little extra blue than the typical minty color. Opaque in 2 coats, and dries with a nice sheen.