October 1, 2014 | 1858 users online

Gels/Soaps - Crabtree & Evelyn - Sea Mud & Seaweed Milled Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Last December, I purchased a number of bars of Crabtree & Evelyn's Black Sea Mud & Seaweed triple-milled soap. I had put off using them for a while to use some of the other soaps I had bought but, last month, finally opened one and began using it. The packaging is exceptional. Of all fine soaps, I believe I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn soaps. I'm a huge fan of English Literature and British bands like the Cure, so for me, Crabtree & Evelyn really satisfies my tastes. The soap itself works as elegantly as it's presented. I specifically chose this soap because of its similarity to an Erno Laszlo soap. For a pre-cleansing oil, I use organic sunflower oil. Anyway, this soap makes me feel as if I'm really detoxifying my skin when I use it. I do not find it too drying or harsh. I feel the soap cleans well and makes my skin very soft and smooth. The fragrance is very light, yet very rich at the same time. I would describe the fragrance as that of the sea in a very cool, Northern climate. The fragrance is a clean, fresh, and soft one. The whole experience of bathing, for me, couldn't be more relaxing than it is with this soap. I absolutely feel detoxified, polished, clean, pampered, renewed, rejuvenated, beautiful, and young after cleansing with this soap. Regarding a facial and body cleanser, I know what I want, and this soap gives me what I want.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by FiveoaksBouquet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells like the beach without the suntan lotion and salt-water taffy; in other words, more of an isolated beach off the beaten track than a tourist beach. Only that sort of rough array of ocean smells, iodine, sea vegetation, salt and other nature-made seashore smells. It's black! Like the other C&E soaps I have used, It lathers beautifully wth a creamy texture and does a great cleansing job without stripping the skin. (I have "normal" skin.) Another outstanding soap in a line of which there are so many I enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to buy something else from C&E to qualify for a free gift, and this soap was bought just because. Nowadays, we're all used to gels/cream liquid soaps...who uses bar soaps anymore? But! This sexy black bar with heavenly scent, turn out to be my daily staple. Im happy to add a 'new review' here, raving on this soap. I rub this bar on my bathing sponge, and it transforms into a bubbly goodness. Sea mud absorbs the day's grime on my back, red & brown algae softens the skin... also claimed to contain shea butter, cocoa butter & evening primrose oils. Skin feels soft, yet not dry and my bathrooms smells like expensive perfume. Not regretting buying this at all.