October 20, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - Essence - All About Cupcake

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect "my lips but better" lipstick. It leans more towards tinted lip balm than a true lipstick, but that's fine by me, as I'm not a big lipstick girl. It's a deep rosy pink, non-glittery, and has a sweet cupcake scent. You can safely swipe this on without a mirror. Doesn't last very long as it's such a light formula. Would be a great gift for a tween :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

This lipstick is my perfect "my lips but better" shade. For the price, I cannot believe how good it is. The smell, the creamy consistency, the colour - are perfect. The lasting power isn't amazing due to the creaminess of the lipstick but it's still good in consideration of the price. If you have dry lips, would highly recommend this product - it feels like a lip balm with pretty good pigmentation! LOVE IT.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is just ok. I'm actually hesitant to call it a lipstick, because it's more like a lip butter or tinted lip balm. The color is pretty sheer, even after really slathering it on there. But, the texture is nice and creamy, and the formula actually feels pretty moisturizing, even if it doesn't make that claim. Sheer color plus moisturizing quality is what makes this less of a lipstick and more of a lip butter for me. I don't like the sweet smell, but it's tolerable. I'm pretty sensitive to smells in my lip products. It's nice to have this product around for a low maintenance dash of color, but I don't think I'd repurchase. As I said, it's just...ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wished I could give this a higher review because essence usually never disappoints me and also because of the many positive reviews of this lipstick. However, it really wasn't up to standard.
I wouldn't classify this as a lipstick - as other reviewers have stated, it's more of a tinted lip balm with some colour. To achieve full opacity, numerous layers need to be applied. It's creamy and moisturising but this means the lipstick will rub off immediately when there's contact with food and drink. I found that my lips feel very dry and cracked after a few hours and unsightly white gunk starts forming at the corners of my top and bottom lips. When swatched, the colour is a pretty yellow-toned natural looking pink but it does not look that good on my face which has neutral-yellow undertones. Lipstick packaging is unique (the colour of the tube reflects the lipstick colour) but flimsy and I live in perpetual fear of it accidentally opening and smudging everywhere in my bag.
Unfortunately, this was a dud product from a brilliant brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I own 2 essence lipsticks,the "in the nude" and this one. idk why but this one is a lot better. not streaky or too slippery like the "in the nude" shade. The pigmentation is sheer on my lips it looks like MLBB. I always apply lipbalm before any lipstick but I don't need to do that with this one. it also smells like bubblegum. Honestly I'm not a fan of sheer lipstick/lipbalm hybrid like the Revlon lip butters but I like this one from essence and will repurchase this shade again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Love, love this lippy. Cheap, cheerful and a fab colour!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is a great pink toned MLBB lipstick. I wouldn't really call it a lipstick, I'd say its more of a balm with colour. Which is fine, because it was like $2, so I'm not complaining. The colour is nice, a little sheer, it's creamy and glossy.
I think this is perfect for touchups on top of another lipstick, i throw it on top of my MAC Faux, and it's really nice.
Another lovely product from Essence!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I don't know if I should blame the color or this line of lipsticks, but every time I apply it, it makes my lips tingle in an uncomfortable way, almost like my lips are itching. I have three other lipsticks from this line and they don't cause me this problem so it must be an ingredient that this shade contains. The color itself is a pretty MLBB, without any glitter or shimmer, but it's impossible for me to wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this lipstick, but then again I'm not a lipstick girl - I'm a tinted balm girl and this is closer to that than traditional lipstick.

Color - semi-sheer rosy pink, quite pretty, natural looking, flattering, leans toward warm tone
Texture - very creamy, not necessarily moisturizing but definitely not drying either
Finish - some shine, not matte or super glossy, no sparkles
Wearability - doesn't last amazingly well, but some color is left behind even after drinking/snacking
Taste - subtle vanilla that is nice, fades quickly
Packaging - stubby little bullet in color-coordinated case, sort of cute if a little cheap looking
Price - crazy cheap, I got on 50% sale for $1.50

Overall - semi-sheer creamy MLBB of decent quality for a ridiculously good price

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by imaunicorn

It's not really a lipstick but a lipbalm imho. Give it a try if you like the natural look with a slight tint of pink.