July 29, 2014 | 986 users online

Highlighters - Shiseido - Luminizing Satin Face Color in WT905 High Beam White

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Karebearia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great highlighter for yellow-undertone skin! Don't let the solid white color scare you. It actually goes on quite subtly (assuming you just do a light sweep!) I use it on the top of my cheekbones and straight down my nose. It does a great job enhancing the facial features without being too noticeable. The pearly shine is what I love most about this product. It doesn't glisten (which I hate about a lot of highlighters out there).
I recommend using this with a little bit of light pink blush and it really luminizes the cheeks giving the skin a youthful glow. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by punkface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice natural highlighter. It's a satiny white colour which isn't super obvious until the light hits it. It's very smooth and blends easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this highlighting powder, but unfortunately my skin is just too pale for it to make much difference. I am extremely pale yellow and this offers no more effect than the regular luminizing blush. It doesn't bother my sensitive skin and comes in a wonderfully portable slim case. I can see this working quite well as a subtle highlighter for mid-tone to darker skin. On me, I'd rather skip a step and just use the blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Selphia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This looks like nothing special in the pan. The magic happens when I apply a thin veil of it all over my face and it really gives a diffused smooth look to my skin. No washy look at all and my blush color looks better with this on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first purchase every from Shiseido, and I am definitely not disappointed! I purchased this highlighter a few weeks ago and have used it every day since.

High Beam White is a beautiful, satiny white highlighter. It applies like a dream and looks lovely on my NC15 skin. I use this on top of my cheek bones, and I'll also dust a little on my forehead and on the bridge of my nose. I'll even use it to highlight underneath my brows. It makes me look absolutely luminous, and it really gives my face dimension, which is perfect for days when I wear fuller coverage foundation.

I have found that many highlighters, especially "champagne" or pinkish shades get lost on my skin and leave it looking shiny. Not a good shiny either, but more like an oily shiny. High Beam White is WHITE. It doesn't apply chalky and it doesn't lighten my skin. This is definitely not one of those "disco ball glitter" highlighters. It simply gives me a beautiful sheen, rather than shine. The formula is very smooth. When I swipe my brush across it, the product is picked up easily and doesn't fall off of the brush. There's no fall out when applied to my face either...it only goes where I put it. Staying power is very good. I wear it all day and it doesn't fade.

I think I paid around $30 for High Beam White. This was a little pricey for me, but I feel it was $30 well spent, since I love this produce so much. It comes in a black compact. Sleek, slim packaging that fits with my other makeup well. It comes with a small brush, but I have yet to use it as I prefer to use something a little fluffier.

I would definitely recommend for my fellow pale ladies. I feel like this highlighter was made for my complexion! I feel absolutely beautiful when I have this on, and I will most certainly repurchase whenever I run out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been searching so long for a sheer and glowy highlighting product that isn't glittery or metallic. If like me, you've been on the hunt for a product that literally gives you that amazing, airbrushed goddess lit-from-within look, you really owe it to yourself to try this. At the very least, ask to try it it in-store. The first time I wore this to work, my husband said I looked 'happy and serene'. Even the boys at work noticed and commented that I looked great. Please try it, you'll be so thrilled you did!

The packaging is lovely, very understated and classic. Nothing hi-tech or tacky/gimmicky. The compact is a generous size and the mirror is big enough to see yourself properly when doing touchups.

I comes with a fantastically soft blush type brush which actually works surprisingly well, considering most compact brushes suck. Will keep repurchasing this as long as I can still apply makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My newest acquisition in the search for the perfect highlighter, and I do think the search is over. Actually sold as a blusher (a white one at that) this is the perfect sheer glow I have been looking for.. Ever see pictures of people with a sheen, a glow, but looks like they have nothing on their skin? This gives you that look. Ever wondered how to look brighter and more luminous without it being to obvious? This is it. Honestly, its so finely milled and sheer it makes highlighting a breeze.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

I've found that glitter-free, natural-looking, day-light-friendly highlighters are exceedingly difficult to find, and this product is among the few that I like.

The Good: I use this as a highlighter (cheekbone, brow bone, cupid's bow, etc.), and it gives a sheen with no glitter particles. It can show up very slightly white, but I've found it to be almost completely sheer after blending (I have light-to-medium skin, Chanel 30). I don't know if this is also true for darker skin tones though. This product can be used alone, but I typically use it to set cream or liquid highlighter. The powder is very finely milled and the brush that comes with this product is really well made and soft (but a little big for highlighting).

The Bad: I'm giving this product 4 instead of 5 stars because it doesn't last until the end of the day.

Overall: Great highlighter! I'd definitely recommend it to those looking for a natural looking highlighter to use during the day.
Alternatives: For natural looking highlighters, I also really like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mac Cream Color Base in Luna. I've also sampled MUFE Uplight and really liked it as well (but can't remember which shade).
Value: I think it's a good value. The $30 pan should last a while, even if you're using to everyday.

For others also looking for more natural looking highlighters, here are the ones I've tried or sampled so far:
No glitter: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color (High Beam White and Soft Beam Gold), Mac Cream Color Base (Luna)
Some very fine glitter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, MUFE Uplight (can't remember the exact shade, which I do think matters), Mac Cream Color Base (Pearl)
Higher glitter content (what I personally found to be too much for day): Armani fluid sheer (02 shimmering beige), Benefit Watt's Up, Benefit High Beam, Nars Blush (Albatross), Nars Multiple (Copacabana, Orgasm), Nars Illuminator (Copacabana, Orgasm)---although based on the many glowing reviews for a lot of these products, the ideal amount of shimmer/glitter in a highlighter is clearly a very personal opinion!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the product that sparked my interest in highlighters. When I finally finally figured out how to use it I thought... Ohhhhhh, so that's how they get that look. I've been obsessed every since. I probably own every powder, cream, and liquid highlighter out there but this one is still the best. No shimmer or glitter but not matte either. It's just a pretty white glow. And the consistency is just perfect. Kinda hard and so finely milled it's almost impossible to overdo. And it never looks powdery or cakey like other highlighters tend to do if you use too much. I have olive undertones and use Nars liquid foundation in Stromboli.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sofibecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter, it works so well with my super fair skin. It looks like a completely white powder but it's actually a sheer pearly white, not frosty or shimmery. It comes with a brush inside the compact that is very soft and it's a perfect size and shape to highlight. I can use it to brighten under my eyes as well as highlight my cheek bones, cupid's bow, etc. when I'm tired and my skin looks dull I apply it lightly all over my face with a large fluffy powder brush, it brightens my face without making it look shiny. Very fine soft powder, lasts all day, no breakouts. It's also buildable, you can use it lightly to brighten or apply more to get a pearly highlight. This is ideal for pale skin people who find other highlighters too gold, beige, pink or just too dark.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No