November 23, 2014 | 2096 users online

Highlighters - Essence - Sun Club all over shimmer for eyes, face & body

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i have it in the brunette version. i bought it because i wanted to use the colors as eyeshadow. the idea was good, the colors are not bad, working good together and well pigmented! BUT the staying power as eyeshadow is bad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another great drugstore find!
In the summer I love to use highlighters, especially more bronzy ones.
So when I saw this one from Essence for less that 4 I'd immediately took it home with me to try it. And I was really impressed.
These shimmers come it two colours: Blondes (lighter skin) and Brunettes (daker skin) and they are shimmer strips, with 6 different stripes of lighter and darker bronzes, browns, a pink and a golden highlighter.
They look a bit like the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, only for a fraction of the price. Sadly I can't compare them, because I've never used the BB ones.
I've bought the Blondes version, which is lighter than the Brunettes but still rather dark.
The powders are very soft and shimmery, you really need a light hand with these and that's why I think they resemble the Estee Lauder powder gelees. Yes, I've said it!
The intensity of the shimmer is comparable, just a bit more muted maybe, but they even feel the same when swatching them. The powders are very soft and they glide onto the skin, almost a wet feeling.
I've compared the colours in this strip to the EL Topaz Chameleon and this is much more reddish/ tanned and the darker strips are making this darker all over. The EL is more orange coppery.
I'm very fair (NW15) and I can use the seperate stripes as an eye shadow or swirl the brush all over for a glowy bronzer on the highlighting points of my skin.
I need to use a stippling fibre brush like the MAC 187, otherwise I look like a disco ball, but I'm very impressed with the effect this powder has.
And you only need a bit, so this powder will last a lifetime.
Love!