Terrible! I love Colorstay. Haven't found anything that can beat it. Thought, this might be it. No, caked up on me terribly. Coverage is rather light. Price is pretty high for a useless foundation. Not my cup of tea.
I love Revlon foundations! This one is even better than Colorstay. It's so creamy, full coverage and doesn't break me out. It does have sparkles in it, but you can't see them on your face once applied. LOVE the pump! You can get just the right amount of product out which is great. Stays on for at least 3-4 hours without having to blot my fave for oil (I have extremely oily skin). It blends well and looks natural. It's much better than the many MAC foundations I've tried at a much, much lower price (only $10 at Walmart). Love this foundation!
Today was my first day wearing this foundation that I purchased at cvs for 15 dollars (it's 5$ cheaper at Walmart) today I was sweating in gym class so much it was un real but when I got home and looked in the mirror my make up was flawless and looked like it hasn't been touched. Another pro is the pump on the bottle I love the matte black pump. I think this is almost better then the colorstay , the pump was one of my main reasons from switching over from the colorstay and I think it was well worth it. The only reason I took a lippie off was because the color range isn't the best but it's due able , I think this may be my HG
Ahhhhhhhh..I love this. Let me say first, how impossible it is for me to find a perfect powder or foundation. I can never find a product that fully satisfies. I was wearing Femme Couture powder/foundation for awhile... until I finally realized how powdery it was. My main goal though was coverage since I do have a few freckles that I don't always want to show. After bouncing around I finally landed Revlon Photo-ready... and it is perfect. I actually tried the color-stay foundation and despite all the high ratings and rave about it, it dried my skin out. So I have decided that may be a perfect foundation for oily skin. The color did stay but the blotchy look was not pretty. REVLON PHOTOREADY, however...perfect!! I love how its smooth, has a dewy look (natural) completely covers all flaws, it is buildable.
The only cons I have: Finding the right color. I have pretty medium skin. I can tan fairly easy, but not dark. So I am mixing two colors. (Medium beige and caramel.) It is perfect.
One more thing... I am on the hunt to find a great setting powder which seems impossible. A new journey beings... ha.
Revlon PhotoReady is quite a decent product. It's got buildable coverage - probably to medium. It's not too heavy or cakey, and I think it gives off a nice glow. It is a little shimmery in the light, which means it doesn't look as natural as you'd like. People with oily skin will probably need to blot this a little throughout the day to keep it fresh.
It's not the absolute best foundation I've ever tried, but it worked nicely for me!
This is my HG foundation. I typically don't wear make-up, or wear very light makeup during the day, so I wear this foundation when I go out at night. My skin is fair and dry, and breaks out fairly easily.
-COVERAGE: This stuff is heavy duty. First coat is medium coverage on it's own and you can build it until it is a very full coverage. I didn't even need to use concealer on my blemishes or under my eyes. It is truly amazing.
-FINISH: It is a velvety finish. Not matte but not dewy either. Just a nice natural skin finish. Also, made my pores completely invisible.
-SPF 20: SPF is very important to me in absolutely all of my face products and I am so pleased that this one has a decently high one. No white cast and doesn't sting.
-STAYING POWER: It lasts, and lasts, and lasts. My foundation was perfect all day and did not budge at all. The only problem I have found with this is that it is a bit of a battle of will when removing it. But if you have a good, deep cleanser and/or exfoliator you should be just fine (just use a toner afterwards and you will see if you missed any on the cotton pad).
PACKAGING: It has a pump. Need I say more?!
- Can be a little bit drying. But mind you my skin is VERY dry in the winter. I don't get flaky, tight or irritateted when I wear this stuff, it's more of just a dry feeling to the skin. Nothing uncomfortable (oily skin people might have some luck with this foundation).
- Possible breakouts. I slept over at my boyfriend's and I hadn't come prepared with my arsenal of make-up removing agents and cleansers so I ended up sleeping in it. I woke up with a small breakout on my forehead. Which I expected. My skin breaks out easily so it was dumb of me to have done that anyways. Since then (about 4 days ago) the breakouts are gone and I have still been using the foundation and haven't had any new breakouts.
- Price: This is a fairly expensive for a drugstore foundation (I got mine for 15.99 on sale. I'm from Canada). Though I have to admit, I don't think of this foundation as a drugstore brand simply because it acts like a high-end foundation! So for a "high-end foundation", I don't think the price is all that bad.
Honestly, this stuff is amazing. I have tried A LOT of foundations and I have finally found one that is easily accessible, and affordable. Holy Grail Status.
Ok, there are pros and cons for this product. Here they are:
1. Has good, buildable coverage.
2. Nice bottle.
1. For some reason, even though a lot of people get a dewy finish from this product, I get a completely matte, almost grainy finish. And I have extremely oily skin !
2. Did not give me a smooth, clear texture. Instead, I got cakey and grainy. It looked obvious that I had a mask of makeup on, and I had used the corresponding primer and blended really well.
3. It broke me out.
This is my favorite foundation. I had been using Mac Studio Fix Fluid and then tried this foundation after reading a rave review in a magazine. I love Mac products, but this Revlon foundation definitely beat it. I have it in 004 Nude (in Mac products I'm NW20). It didn't cause any breakouts, and it has SPF 20. I even like to put this underneath my eyes because it doesn't crease as much as concealer and has good coverage. I like to use this with Laura Mercier's foundation primer radiance, but it's fine if used alone. Will definitely repurchase.
I love this foundation! I read a lot of reviews where people complained about the shimmer it gives, but I think it works wonderful. My skin is very dry and it's hard to have that dewy look. This foundation is great for that! The coverage is medium-full and it is very long lasting. I wore it out in the humidity while on vacation and walking around in 90 degree weather. The packaging is also very nice!
I like it. It's light to medium coverage because it doesn't cover acne that well. The cool part about the packaging is that it has a pump and when you think there's none left in it you can just twist it open and take out what's left, (a lot!) :)