Shiseido Eyelash Curler

4.5

There's only one 'makeup' thing I use everyday and this is it.

I have oily lids and straight, but rather long/dark/thick/blah blah, lashes - curling them *makes* my face. If I'm backpacking for weeks on end, all I need is this. All I want is this. I wake up every morning with my lashes drooping down, making me look droopy. Everybody has their drag, their thing they must do to feel put together... For me that is curling my lashes.

As a teen, I was messing around with my mother's cheap eyelash curler and ripped out over a dozen lashes because I didn't know what I was doing. With this, I can use it when I'm half asleep and not even nip my eyelids.

I've owned the same one since February 2013 and still haven't used the replacement pad that came with it. I paid US$18 for this, maybe $19, and the AU exchange rate was almost equivalent back them. For me, this is a mainstay. I'd run out and pay whatever the ridiculous full retail price for this in Australia is.

I own both the Shu Uemura curler and the Shiseido one, but I prefer the Shiseido one. Let me state that both curlers work well, but it was the shape of the curve that made me like the Shiseido one. Just a personal preference since it fitted my eye shape better.

Honestly, if you're hesitant to invest money into a more expensive eyelash curler, remember that you'll be using these for years (+ you can buy refills for the pad), so it's a good long term item to buy. You'd likely spend more money buying multiple eyelash curlers that don't work for your eye shape.

My very first eyelash curler that I will never give up! I first tried this at Macy's and it gave me an insane curl so I knew I had to have it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all . . . I can't live without this eyelash curler.

I've been using Shiseido's eyelash curlers now for about 7 years. I have tried so many different brands in the past and they never seem to give me enough curl.

I'm one of those lucky girls who has great length for lashes but, they're super stick straight. This will actually give you that "dramatic curl" and will stay curled all day. The rubber pad is nice and thick and will have a good cushion for the lashes. So lashes don't get completely squished down and you will get that nice gentle curl. Plus you only have to change the rubber pad a couple times a year :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just used it for the first time and honestly my drugstore curler works better. This didn't curl my lashes at all

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had my Shiseido eyelash curler for over 2 years and it still functions well after using 3 refill pads. I bought mine for about $20 from a Shiseido counter at Macy's department store and this is the gunmetal colored one. I am Chinese descent with flat eyelids and tapered eyelid creases so the curler's design worked great for me. This curler can be a little tricky to use at first because if you curl too close to the lash line and use too much pressure, it's prone to crimping your lashes to an awkwardly stick up instead of the ideal "C" curl. I place my curler as close as possible, without pinching myself and use several quick pumps without applying much pressure. Then I lift the curler upwards and repeat the process to the middle of the lash till the ends. I also adjust the angle and position of my curler to curl the inner and outer corner lashes so it evens out. This takes a lot of practice to use, but it can curl eyelashes beautifully once achieved. I recommend this to any Asian with monolids or flat eye shapes who are looking for a good eyelash curler. Finally I would repurchase this once my eyelash curler stops working or falls apart.

Pros:
- good quality
- long lasting if cared for properly
- can be found in most places that sell Shiseido products (Macy's, Sephora)
- comes with free refill pads and extras can be purchased for $6
- suits most flat eye shapes, monolids, hooded eyes, anyone with a small crease/fold
- creates a good, sturdy curl before using mascara
- doesn't need to be replaced with a new curler frequently like Shu Uemura

Cons:
- pricy for an eyelash curler
- gunmetal color can make it tricky to use and likely pinch the skin if not careful

I was too quick to judge.This lash curler was quite pricey,yes curl my lashes and the refill is of good quality but it hurts and pinch my eyelid.my 2 dollar daiso lash curler works beeter than this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This one I would have to say is a hit and miss for me. I love the fact I only have to press it on my lashes for a few seconds and it curls them to an upright position quickly, on the other hand I hate how it feels against my lashes when I press down on them. It tugs on my eyelashes and skin and makes it uncomfortable to use, I can't use it without tearing up but I love how you don't have to hold the clamp for a million years to get a curl that holds. Unfortunately I can't win with this one.

The curl is not natural, you can see the crimped line on the lashes from the side but this doesn't bother me.

I find this a far better fit for my eyes than the much-hyped Shu Uemura eyelash curler. For reference, I'm Asian (Chinese heritage) with short but abundant stick straight eyelashes. This miraculously gives me the right amount of curl that instantly makes my eyes look wider and more awake. Doesn't pinch, the hinge still feels firm after many months, and best of all, has available refills! Will forever repurchase.

For many, this appears to be fantastic, curling every little hair. Yes it does that, however it pinches! If I hold it at a distance that doesn't pinch, then it doesn't curl. I am Asian, so technically this Asian brand should cater to me very well, but it just doesn't, and I am so done with the amount of pain this weapon brings. Buy the MAC one!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools