November 26, 2014 | 1799 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shiseido - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually have 2 Shiseido eyelash curlers. One that i bought maybe 9-10 years ago and one that I bought 2 years ago (both from drugstores in Japan). And There is a difference! Though I can't tell exactly the difference in design, but the newer one pinches my eyelids. It still curls well but i have to manoeuvre it a lot more to prevent pinching myself. Thus, been reaching out for my old one which by the way is still in good condition. Still the best curlers i've owned...and for the price, great value.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by helenmelon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product just got too much hype in my opinion. I received the package today (cause no time to go to a physical store; plus there was a discount) and was so excited to try it only to be let down. I'm so disappointed. The shape for some reason didn't fit my eye shape even though I've read in reviews that it's for "Asian eyes". The left eye was not bad but when used on my right eye the curler kept on pinching my eyelid. I also couldn't press it too close to my eye to get to the base of my lashes cause it would then poke into my eye. It was just too much struggles. Even the 3 dollar one I borrowed from my friends for a few days worked better. I'm still trying to decide if I should return it cause I'm very satisfied with the final result even though it was a pain. My lashes are a lot curlier compared to using other curlers, and they last longer. I guess just the design doesn't suit my eyes well. I will try to use it for a few more days though to see if I can get used to it and find a way for it to suit my eye shape.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have monolids (eye fold name for a skin fold of the upper eyelid, covering the inner corner of the eye- usually people of Asian descent have this) and it is difficult for me to find eyelash curlers that fit my eye shape. I tried this and the Shu Uemura one and this one fits my eye shape better. It is expensive since it cost $19 for one but Daiso makes one that only cost $1.50 and it fits my eye shape. You can watch my video for a demo on both eye lash curlers. I also have up close pictures of my lashes in the end of the video.

Both eyelash curlers makes my eyelashes curly with out pinching my eyelids. Also I been using this eyelash curler for 5 years and it is still in very good condition especially since I use it daily. Try it out if you have difficulty finding the right eyelash curler for your eye shape. And if you need a cheaper alternative, try the Daiso. Daiso is similar to the dollar store where most things in the store cost $1.50. The Daiso eye lash curler has the same shape as the Shiseido one and it is most definitely a dupe. I am so glad I found an eyelash curler that fits my monolids.

I brought brought of these eyelash curlers myself and the Shiseido eyelash curler I brought it from Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Wow so disappointed! I have been fed up with using sub par curlers and went to Sephora and finally put down the cash for Shiseido.

This curler is wider and less curved than any other I had used before. My eyes are not small and almond shaped. When I put it on my eye it did pinch a bit. The worse part was that it didn't curl my lashes they just had a crimp/bend.

I'm returning it because I just can't get it to work for me. For the record the color was a gun metal, has Shiseido changed the design?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Regretted I didn't buy it earlier. I'm never going back to Koji again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Shiseido lash curler has been on my lemming list for a long time. I find that it does not fit my eye shape and more often than not, I am pinching my eye area with this. I do not have that problem with Japonesque brand lash curler. In terms of curling lashes, I would say that this perfoms the same as Revlon or Japonesque lash curlers. I am returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have the shu curler but then I decided I needed a new one and replaced it with this, I can say that I like this one better! Will not be going back to the shu curler again. I find that this curler better suits asian eyes since it's flatter. It's able to reach the corners of my lashes which I wasn't able to do in one try with the shu, I also like how this curler opens wider than the shu. Another plus is that they sell refillable pads so I dont have to throw away the whole thing for a while

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by xoNatxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have large round eyes and heavy lashes and all this did was pinch. I think one of the problems with this curler is that it has a flatter curve than most other curlers I've tried. Oddly enough, this curler used to work great for me, but that was years and years ago. I guess they must have changed the design.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not perfect, but it's the best eyelash curler I've tried, and I've tried many: Cover Girl, Shu Uemura, Tweezerman, Japonesque, etc. I am Asian with medium length straight lashes and bifold eyelids. All eyelash curlers of this type pinch me. But this one is the least rounded of any curler I've seen and fits my eye shape the best. It does pinch a little, but it's nothing compared to others that I've tried. It gives me a natural-looking curl, while still being dramatic. The rubber insert is quite thick, so I don't have to squeeze very hard to get a nice curl. And it comes with an extra insert, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this curler, being a typical asian with hooded eyes & short lashes. This curler does not pinch my eyes & curls my lashes very very well. Got a friend to pick it up at taiwan's watsons for less than 10 bucks. It came with a extra rubber refill, so worth it!