October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shiseido - Eyelash Curler

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have monolids (eye fold name for a skin fold of the upper eyelid, covering the inner corner of the eye- usually people of Asian descent have this) and it is difficult for me to find eyelash curlers that fit my eye shape. I tried this and the Shu Uemura one and this one fits my eye shape better. It is expensive since it cost $19 for one but Daiso makes one that only cost $1.50 and it fits my eye shape. You can watch my video for a demo on both eye lash curlers. I also have up close pictures of my lashes in the end of the video.

Both eyelash curlers makes my eyelashes curly with out pinching my eyelids. Also I been using this eyelash curler for 5 years and it is still in very good condition especially since I use it daily. Try it out if you have difficulty finding the right eyelash curler for your eye shape. And if you need a cheaper alternative, try the Daiso. Daiso is similar to the dollar store where most things in the store cost $1.50. The Daiso eye lash curler has the same shape as the Shiseido one and it is most definitely a dupe. I am so glad I found an eyelash curler that fits my monolids.

I brought brought of these eyelash curlers myself and the Shiseido eyelash curler I brought it from Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Wow so disappointed! I have been fed up with using sub par curlers and went to Sephora and finally put down the cash for Shiseido.

This curler is wider and less curved than any other I had used before. My eyes are not small and almond shaped. When I put it on my eye it did pinch a bit. The worse part was that it didn't curl my lashes they just had a crimp/bend.

I'm returning it because I just can't get it to work for me. For the record the color was a gun metal, has Shiseido changed the design?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Regretted I didn't buy it earlier. I'm never going back to Koji again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Shiseido lash curler has been on my lemming list for a long time. I find that it does not fit my eye shape and more often than not, I am pinching my eye area with this. I do not have that problem with Japonesque brand lash curler. In terms of curling lashes, I would say that this perfoms the same as Revlon or Japonesque lash curlers. I am returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have the shu curler but then I decided I needed a new one and replaced it with this, I can say that I like this one better! Will not be going back to the shu curler again. I find that this curler better suits asian eyes since it's flatter. It's able to reach the corners of my lashes which I wasn't able to do in one try with the shu, I also like how this curler opens wider than the shu. Another plus is that they sell refillable pads so I dont have to throw away the whole thing for a while

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by xoNatxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have large round eyes and heavy lashes and all this did was pinch. I think one of the problems with this curler is that it has a flatter curve than most other curlers I've tried. Oddly enough, this curler used to work great for me, but that was years and years ago. I guess they must have changed the design.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not perfect, but it's the best eyelash curler I've tried, and I've tried many: Cover Girl, Shu Uemura, Tweezerman, Japonesque, etc. I am Asian with medium length straight lashes and bifold eyelids. All eyelash curlers of this type pinch me. But this one is the least rounded of any curler I've seen and fits my eye shape the best. It does pinch a little, but it's nothing compared to others that I've tried. It gives me a natural-looking curl, while still being dramatic. The rubber insert is quite thick, so I don't have to squeeze very hard to get a nice curl. And it comes with an extra insert, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this curler, being a typical asian with hooded eyes & short lashes. This curler does not pinch my eyes & curls my lashes very very well. Got a friend to pick it up at taiwan's watsons for less than 10 bucks. It came with a extra rubber refill, so worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the one to bring down the rating of this lash curler but for my eyes it was awful. I'm Caucasian with blue eyes but I also have hooded lids with very little real estate on my eye lids ! After reading rave reviews here and seeing reviews on youtube I thought this might be a good investment for me so I ordered it from Sephora. I loved the gun metal grey colour and the fact that it comes with a replacement pad. I knew straight away at first glance that we weren't going to get along very well though, lol. I carefully placed it and crimped slowly, having to manipulate it around my eye socket very tenderly. With just one crimp my lashes were so curled, they actually curled back upon themselves, lash tips now touching the base of my lids from behind. It looked hysterical. I attempted to curl my other eye and no matter how I tried, it pinched both corners of my lid. I have blonde lashes that are fairly long, wispy and very straight. It takes just a little effort for me to curl them with my regular Revlon lash curler and they have a nice rounded curl to them, look very long, defined and full when mascara has been applied. Obviously the Revlon curler fits my lids perfectly but not the Shiseido one. That being said, if you are Asian and have stubborn Asian lashes, (I hear you because believe me Caucasians like me have stubborn lashes too !) this lash curler could be the greatest investment ever. If you haven't tried it, please do so, the contour of the lash curler and pad seems perfectly made for you lovely ladies & gentlemen. It takes no effort at all to get a mega curl if this product fits your eye shape. Fortunately I returned it to my Sephora today. I guess I'll stick to my trusty Revlon curler :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Wendylou87

I received my Shiseido curlers yesterday, ordered them from John Lewis online, they were £17.50. After reading reviews for these and the Shu...I was literally 50/50 on which ones to buy...so I took the plunge and bought the Shiseidos! Purely for the amount of reviews these had over the Shu! i was a bit skeptical, as I have straight Asian eyelashes, quite full and not that short to be honest, but oh my! These eyelash curlers are awesome! Totally worth the money! I've only ever used cheap curlers from poundland before, as I didn't see the point in paying out for something that wasn't that great...but these curlers have changed my view! Totally worth it! I would still like to try the shu ones and have ordered these as well to compare! Very easy to use...even my boyfriend had a go this morning (he's Caucasian, and they worked fine on hin) LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Don't um and arrr, just order them!