Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes

2.5

on 8/20/2015 10:07:00 PM

I already strongly despise products that include the words wipe or towlette. I do not like the idea of using a wipe to do any type of cleaning for my face, but for my lazy days I will use make-up removing wipes despite my hatred. I have to say I used these a few years ago to take off my make-up.. The only thing I can really commend this product for is the refreshing smell and feel of the wipes when you use them. I also recall the wipes often irritating my skin. Overall, they didn't do much for me in terms of aiding my acne or removing make-up and left a sticky film on my face as almost all wipes do.

on 8/1/2015 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These burned my eyes like no other would never purchase or recommend.

on 7/29/2015 4:44:00 PM

This one had refreshing scent so I was not averse to it. However the wipes themsevles are not wet enough and it felt abrasive on my skin. I would consider buying it for the scent yet my skin feels a bit flushed after using this so probably not. This removed my makeup OK though.

on 7/21/2015 2:36:00 AM

My daughter bought these and they seemed interesting so I tried them. What a mistake! The smell was awful and progressively got worse...then the stinging started. My eyes were burning so badly my daughter came running into the bathroom and she proceeded to tell me how she never uses them for her eyes. Now I must ask, what good are wipes if not to use on your entire face? By this point, I really was in a lot of pain I was pressing a washcloth against my eyes to try to stop the burning. Needless to say, I will never use these again...for any part of my face. Please save yourself a lot of pain and trouble, do not purchase these.

on 2/18/2015 11:12:00 AM

This makeup remover is terrible. Despite labelling it as appropriate for sensitive skin, it is highly scented. You will smell like you squeezed a grapefruit all over your body. I do not mean a light, citrusy, whiff. Literally, people will be confused about why it smells so much like actual grapefruits yet they see no grapefruits. So if you want a scent that confuses people then go for it. Anyways, so since this scent is stronger than any of the perfumes I own it is clearly terrible for sensitive skin! I didnt use it near my eye area yet my eyes burned anyways. It says it is not neccesary to rinse, but it is definitely neccesary, unless you are fine with weird clumps of makeup sitting around your face. it didnt remove my makeup, it shoved it all together and put it in a few spots around my face and then when i reapplied makeup the makeup formed hideous orange patches on top of this makeup. I guess they meant "neccesary" in the loosest possible interpretation of the word. This also seems to make me break out....I do get break outs once in awhile so maybe its not this, but I think its so acidic it dries out my skin then breaks me out. Anyways, i think its strange that these didnt remove all the makeup despite the harsh scent. It smells more citrusy than mr clean. Also I used this over the course of multiple months at least a few times a week before making my conclusion (no idea why it took me so long to throw this out. but now that i have thrown it out at work in the garbage at my desk, people keep asking why it smells like grapefruit)

on 1/6/2015 2:30:00 PM

These are really terrible cleansing wipes. They dont clean very well at all and they have menthol in it which stings and makes my eyes water even though I dont even use them on my eyes (that would be a terrible mistake btw). These might be nice to use on your body in the summer, I could imagine that would feel nice. But NOT for the face. Why do some companies think its a good idea to put menthol in face products???

Pros
-cooling menthol would be nice on the BODY

cons
-doesnt cleanse
-stings and irritates the face
-menthol, terrible for the face

I wish I didn't buy these.

on 10/5/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought these cause i liked the pink grapefruit cleanser. They also made my face sting, and always left some residude. It usually didnt completely remove my eyeliner either but its better than not removing your makeup at all. It kind of makes me wish i read some of the other reviews before i bought it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Honestly, when I first picked these up I thought these were the pink grapefruit version of the makeup wipes. That being said, these are pretty bad; they really stung my face and also they smell awful. They did feel like they were cleaning my face; but they did it with a lot of alcohol that stung of my face-particularly my eyes. Also, they smell really badly.

on 8/16/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My co worker's family member bought this for her by accident and she gave it to me since her skin is dry and sensitive. I'm glad because I love these wipes. I read through the reviews and the rating would be a lot higher if people actually reviewed what these wipes are meant for. These are MEDICATED cleansing wipes for acne/oily prone people. They are not meant to remove makeup, especially eye makeup. Please READ the package. With that being said, I noticed how well my skin was clearing up! I love using these after workouts. The grapefruit fragrance is strong but tolerable, at least for me and the salicyclic acid helps exfoliate and brighten the complexion. I picked up an extra package.

on 8/4/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought these over the past weekend when I was browsing TJ MAXX. I stopped using make up wipes a few months ago because I noticed they weren't removing the eye makeup very well. However, I decided to pick some up for when I stay out all night (and don't want to lug around my night time routine for my face) AND because I saw these were half the price than at normal drug stores.

WORST. MISTAKE.

Let me just start off by saying, when I was using make up wipes daily, I LOVED the Neutrogena (blue packaging) wipes.. but for the amount of money and how many were in the package.. ehhh. Didn't love that. Nonetheless, they removed most of my makeup pretty well.

I am not sensitive to scents. I don't mind scents, usually. But, these grapefruit (acne prone) wipes have the WORST scent. It is such an intolerable smell that I couldn't even finish off one side of my face as it began to sting. Even after washing my face a few times, the smell lingered and gave me a bit of a headache. It really had the strong scent as hair dye would. Had there not been such a strong scent, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had an issue with these wipes.

I will not be repurchasing, everrrrrr.