Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes

2.5

on 2/18/2015 11:12:00 AM

This makeup remover is terrible. Despite labelling it as appropriate for sensitive skin, it is highly scented. You will smell like you squeezed a grapefruit all over your body. I do not mean a light, citrusy, whiff. Literally, people will be confused about why it smells so much like actual grapefruits yet they see no grapefruits. So if you want a scent that confuses people then go for it. Anyways, so since this scent is stronger than any of the perfumes I own it is clearly terrible for sensitive skin! I didnt use it near my eye area yet my eyes burned anyways. It says it is not neccesary to rinse, but it is definitely neccesary, unless you are fine with weird clumps of makeup sitting around your face. it didnt remove my makeup, it shoved it all together and put it in a few spots around my face and then when i reapplied makeup the makeup formed hideous orange patches on top of this makeup. I guess they meant "neccesary" in the loosest possible interpretation of the word. This also seems to make me break out....I do get break outs once in awhile so maybe its not this, but I think its so acidic it dries out my skin then breaks me out. Anyways, i think its strange that these didnt remove all the makeup despite the harsh scent. It smells more citrusy than mr clean. Also I used this over the course of multiple months at least a few times a week before making my conclusion (no idea why it took me so long to throw this out. but now that i have thrown it out at work in the garbage at my desk, people keep asking why it smells like grapefruit)

on 1/6/2015 2:30:00 PM

These are really terrible cleansing wipes. They dont clean very well at all and they have menthol in it which stings and makes my eyes water even though I dont even use them on my eyes (that would be a terrible mistake btw). These might be nice to use on your body in the summer, I could imagine that would feel nice. But NOT for the face. Why do some companies think its a good idea to put menthol in face products???

Pros
-cooling menthol would be nice on the BODY

cons
-doesnt cleanse
-stings and irritates the face
-menthol, terrible for the face

I wish I didn't buy these.

on 10/5/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought these cause i liked the pink grapefruit cleanser. They also made my face sting, and always left some residude. It usually didnt completely remove my eyeliner either but its better than not removing your makeup at all. It kind of makes me wish i read some of the other reviews before i bought it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Honestly, when I first picked these up I thought these were the pink grapefruit version of the makeup wipes. That being said, these are pretty bad; they really stung my face and also they smell awful. They did feel like they were cleaning my face; but they did it with a lot of alcohol that stung of my face-particularly my eyes. Also, they smell really badly.

on 8/16/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My co worker's family member bought this for her by accident and she gave it to me since her skin is dry and sensitive. I'm glad because I love these wipes. I read through the reviews and the rating would be a lot higher if people actually reviewed what these wipes are meant for. These are MEDICATED cleansing wipes for acne/oily prone people. They are not meant to remove makeup, especially eye makeup. Please READ the package. With that being said, I noticed how well my skin was clearing up! I love using these after workouts. The grapefruit fragrance is strong but tolerable, at least for me and the salicyclic acid helps exfoliate and brighten the complexion. I picked up an extra package.

on 8/4/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought these over the past weekend when I was browsing TJ MAXX. I stopped using make up wipes a few months ago because I noticed they weren't removing the eye makeup very well. However, I decided to pick some up for when I stay out all night (and don't want to lug around my night time routine for my face) AND because I saw these were half the price than at normal drug stores.

WORST. MISTAKE.

Let me just start off by saying, when I was using make up wipes daily, I LOVED the Neutrogena (blue packaging) wipes.. but for the amount of money and how many were in the package.. ehhh. Didn't love that. Nonetheless, they removed most of my makeup pretty well.

I am not sensitive to scents. I don't mind scents, usually. But, these grapefruit (acne prone) wipes have the WORST scent. It is such an intolerable smell that I couldn't even finish off one side of my face as it began to sting. Even after washing my face a few times, the smell lingered and gave me a bit of a headache. It really had the strong scent as hair dye would. Had there not been such a strong scent, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had an issue with these wipes.

I will not be repurchasing, everrrrrr.

on 6/7/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SOmehow this grapefruit scent does not suit my skin completely.
It always breaks me out no matter what.
I am finding Simple makeup remover wipes, much better, as they dont have any scent and are very sensitive.
I dont have sensitive skin but grapefruit wipes are just too strong for my skin.

on 6/7/2014 12:30:00 AM

bought these (foolishly) without reading the packaging completely. I buy the neutrogena makeup remover wipes and saw these next to them in a value pack of 2, thinking they were just an oil-free version of the makeup remover wipes for acne-prone skin. first thing I will say -- the smell is EXTREMELY strong. way too strong; it's overpowering. you could hold the package shut 5ft away from you and still smell it. that being said, I used these twice thinking they were makeup remover before realizing the words "cleansing wipes" in huge letters (duh) and it did a great job of removing face makeup but burned my eyes (now I know why!) broke me out a little, probably just because it's a new product and I already have acne-prone skin, but I'm sure these would be handy if you're on a flight or road trip and need to wipe the gunk off your face. if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to smells I would definitely not recommend this, but overall I think it's ok.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product should not be used by those with sensitive skin, let me say that! On me it tingles (maybe even burns) & turns my face red. With that being said, the redness dissipates soon after & the tingling...well, I like to think of that as it doing it's job & actually working. My skin is sensitive but it can take a beating. Some say the product drys out their skin & to be honest that's what I look for. My skin gets so oily during the day my GOD you could fry a chicken cutlet off it! All in all, I absolutely adore this product & wish I could purchase it Costco size. It makes me skin incredibly clean, matte, & taut

on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got these in a gift set and have used them a few times over the past couple of weeks.
The smell is pretty strong...OK, really strong but not necessarily a bad smell.
These are not makeup removing wipes ( I'd hoped they were) so I do not recommend using them to wash away eye makeup. Even using them on your face around your eyes kind of makes them burn.
These did not break me out or dry my skin terribly but I gently washed my face after using them every time.
They claim to need no rinsing but they leave a sticky film on your face that itches a little and having a residue on my skin does not make me feel clean.
I don't like the idea of just relying on a wipe to clean my face so I just don't see the point of these. I still need makeup remover AND I still need to wash my face.
Maybe these would be handy if I were flying or camping?