September 1, 2014 | 2070 users online

Blush - NARS - Gaiety

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A year ago I lost my makeup bag while traveling. As you can imagine, I was super disappointed as I loved my stash. I decided to NOT buy the same items I already had in an effort to try new things and up my game. Two items in the lost bag were Bobbi Brown Pale Pink and Nars Desire - two of my favorite light pink blushes. In an effort to try something new I bought Gaiety. Well, I ended up returning it. No matter how many times and on different days I tried to get it to work, it never did work. There was just no color payoff for me in comparison with the two former products I had loved. I tried it again last night and it just did NOT show up. It's almost like Chanel's Narcisse - it's "sort of" there if you look really hard, but clearly based upon my love of Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink and Nars Desire, that is not my style. I was really hoping last night that I'd finally get it to work. When it didnt, and I had to go to my Chanel Turbulent which thankfully I had not lost in the makeup bag, I decided this was going back today. And back it went - I won't miss this product. I had wanted to like it but "there's no there there" and it was just taking up space in my new makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my most favourite Nars blushes, love the staying powder and the fact that it can look so subtle or so intense...having NC15 skin and possibly paler in winter I go for the subtle approach.

I like to apply this with a stipple brush - very lightly and buff in and build up to the perfect flushed blush colour or application with a fan brush also works well for this blush. The colour does look scary bright (if you are pale) but comes off on the skin if used with a subtle hand as a pretty true pink.

I have a few Nars blushes and for some reason even though I use clean brushes everyday this developed a hard shiny film that I had to scrap off - maybe it got damp somewhere. It's fine now and has not done it again.

Love this enough that it would be a re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by solidcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am ghastly white, and I have red tones in my skin. I work in a brightly lit hospital, so I always look super washed out. This blush perks up my face and the colour is gentle enough that I don't look like Jigsaw from the Saw movies. Don't let the look in the pan fool you -- offensive neon pink, very pigmented looking colour. It doesn't blend out this way when you apply it. Even if I seemingly put too much on my blush brush, it has a way of looking subtle yet present.. and like I said, I'm very pale. Wear it to your minimal makeup job and stack on a bit more and wear it out at night. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

NARS blushes are my favourite, but I had always ignored this shade because it looked almost lavender in the pan and I usually prefer warmer colours. Luckily, I received this as a gift. Once applied it is the perfect baby pink. This may become my most-used blush. Try it on!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I always want to buy this blush, but every time I try it, it is wrong. And the sales people, they really hate the way it looks on me. For a pale blush, NARS Sex Fantasy is a better option for me, but that is LE at Nordies right now. Most NARS reps will push me more towards Desire. When I swatch Gaeity it looks lovely to me on my hand, but then a few minutes later, it starts to skew a bit peach. FYI - I am NW20 (pink), with almost black hair (3n), brown eyes, and have some subtle slight warm undertones too. I think Gaiety would work better on uber light people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love NARS blushes. I am pretty pale NC20 and can barely wear blush, except I can look really washed out if I don't. I have redness in all the wrong places (nose, sides of nose, under eyes) and that is tricky too, as blush can just bring your eye to the redness. Corals and rose blushes work well on me, but pinks have been hard to make work with. So this was the first that I really liked on me, but it's not that pink on. As others have noted, this can look a little peachy/pink on me. This one is matte. All these NARS blushes look so crazy bright in the pan, but very different on and different on different people. Dabbing on your hand or using your finger to dab on the cheek, gives a false idea. They need to be brushed on to tell. This is a very pale girl's blush!!!

These blushes last forever, which is almost too bad, as I feel I want an excuse to buy more, but am seriously glad they last. Packaging is great and easy to open. Brushes on like a dream. That is the best part. Most blushes it is such a fine line between can't see it and clown face. This does not go on blotchy, as Tarte's clay blushes can.

Update: Loving this more and more. It is a very, very, subtle effect, natural effect. If you want pop, this is the wrong shade. Gives a little glow. Doesn't look as pink as I expected. It is a very nice blush, but not as amazing as some of their others. Not a must have, but I am happy to have it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by dootdootdoot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

All blushes look peach/coral/orange on my warm skintone, so I was really looking forward to getting this really cool, lavender/lilac-leaning blush.

Sadly, it still pulls peach on me. To make matters worse, this doesn't live up to the NARS blush hype. Not pigmented at all, takes several swipes for it to show up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by beautybaby44

I wanted this blush so badly ever since I saw it a Sephora. I bought it yesterday and I am so impressed! Pigmented but not clown-like. Love this blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG blush! It looks perfect on my PPP skin, like I've been to am exercise class, but without the splotchiness. I have a feeling this would look great on a lot of different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Nars blushes, and this is one of my faves because I don't have any pink blushes like it. It is a matte, cool toned cotton candy pink color, almost lilac on me. I also own Desire, Mata Hari, and Angelika as far as Nars pinks blushes go, all three are different enough to own. It has light pigmentation, but it can be built up. Nars has great blushes, I now own many. Very nice, sleek, sturdy packaging.