October 31, 2014 | 1566 users online

Concealers - NYX - HD Photogenic Concealer Wand (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by HighPriestess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this (in fact, I momentarily thought I did)! Sadly, this aggravated my skin.

It is thin-textured & has a really beautiful, soft-focus finish (Porcelene was perfect on my NW15 skin); if anything, I found this far too drying! It might work nicely on those with oilier skin types? The coverage is moderate as well as build-able and it wore like "iron," as they say.

For reference, I am combo-dry, sensitive by some accounts, and have bouts of hormonal acne. This did not help *although it looked gorgeous on.* I hope this helps someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the lavender shade to lighten my base products and I am very happy with the result.

I used to use the porcelain shade as a concealer for blemishes and undereyes. The color is the palest concealer you'll find at the drugstore which is awesome, but it was a little too matte and dry for my tastes.

However, I daily mix my Maybelline Fit Me concealer (a little too dewy, a little too dark in fair) with the lavender shade. The color -- and the coverage and finish combination -- make a perfect fit.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Chichiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This concealer really works at cover some burnt area skin, a little at scar. But it's so creamy to my acne-prone skin, so it's breake me a lot if under the hot weather. However, at autumn and winter, after moisturize then use this it's compleat!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awhile back i was on the prowl, trying to find some concealer to cover up my hidieous dark circles. I had got my first ever high end makeup that was supposed to be full coverage, long story short it didnt work like i thought so i had went to ulta. Browsing the higher end products, i couldnt decide so i asked one of the ladies there and she actually pointed me to this one. I couldnt be happier, it works AMAZING. heck, i use it all over my face as like a foundation (i still use my foundation over it since the concealer is a bit dark) its amazing and defiently worth trying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by andreaxvii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! It definitely does crease if you don't top it with a light powder (I use ELF HD translucent powder, works great.) However, the only thing that drove me nuts was that it ran out quickly because the wand doesn't reach the bottom of the tube. I had a whole bunch left at the bottom but the wand couldn't reach it! Other than the design flaw, the product itself is great. Covers my disastrous dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a concealer that would highlight under my eyes and cover my dark under eye circles, and this does it! I love this concealer, I would think that would be drying, but it hasn't dried me out yet! I moisturize under my eyes before I put it on and don't experience any creasing or drying which is very good since some drugstore concealers dry out my face. I recommend this product, just make sure you put it next to your face and under eyes and look in a mirror before buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not be happier that i took a chance on this concealer! I rarely go to London Drugs as Shoppers Drug Mart is usually closer, so had i not gone into LD the other day, i wouldn't have walked by the NYX display they had. I tired a few things actually; an eyebrow pencil, bronzer, and this concealer. I love love LOVE it. Its thick enough that it provides amazing coverage, covers up my blemishes effortlessly and doesn't crease under my eyes, or really anywhere actually. Generally i'll use the wand and put a little over any blemished area and then use my foundation brush to spread it out. Works wonders, seriously. You dont need to layer it on either, atleast i haven't had to, 1 layer covers everything i need it to. My MAC liquid foundation goes over perfectly and im left with a flawless looking face even when my skin isn't cooperating. I think i can happily say i have found my HG concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Who could know after all the extremely expensive concealers I tried desperately searching for one that didn't break me out and still looked decent, this little gem would waltz into my life. And all thanks to makeup alley! ;) I own two. One in cw04 and the other in cw02. I have to mix depending on the time of year but it's so worth it for me. They consistency is neither dry nor hydrating. It lasts all day without fading. No oxidizing. And blends effortlessly. It's so fool proof and I never would've tried it if someone never recommended it to me here on MUA. For 4.99 it's a steal and like I said, literally first "base" product that has never broken me out. Not even black heads, clogged pores, nothing!! It's everything I wanted nars radiant creamy concealer to be but better and so cheap! HG success :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of NYX due to the amazing pigmentation of eyeliners, lip creams and blushes. So of course, I wanted to venture into the rest of the line with concealers. I figured, the concealers have to live up to the name, right? At the time I had breakouts and acne scars that I wanted to cover up and I looked into this HD line hoping it would be a great alternative to MAC's Studio Finish concealer which I love!

The trouble I encountered was they didn't have a color that matched me. For reference, I am an NC 42 and I was matched in between 06 and 07. Truthfully, because I was just trying out the product I really didn't want to spend extra money on two different shades. I bought the 06 Glow and when applied on my face, the color was too light that it was very noticeable that I was wearing concealer.

Overall, the concealer is excellent as it's very creamy and it gave great coverage. Instead, I use it under my eyes and I love the way it looks. It does not crease during the day! I love the product and NYX in general, however I would repurchase if they either had more colors or if there's a sale and I get a darker color to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this concealer. I have found a perfect match in 06 glow. I have light med neutral skin and was looking for something I could use under my eyes, down nose, Cupid's bow, all that to highlight with. Everyday I do light contouring and highlighting and wanted a concealer that was not drastically lighter than my foundation, because if I go a couple shades lighter, oh boy... It may not be extremely noticeable IRL , but in photos it can look like... I was trying to "conceal"
Shade 06 glow can be no more perfect in shade. It is a light/med with neutral leaning warm tones, perfect for highlighting. it's just barely lighter than my foundation so it's not going to be jumping off my face.
The texture is very creamy but not heavy or runny super easy to blend and I like the doe foot applicator, super simple.
The packaging is good and has a nice weight to it, doesn't fell to cheepy cheepy like a lot of drugstore concealers, even though this is a cheepy and will run you around $5.
The best part is it seems to really smooth out my under eye making it more uniform in color and texture "HDing" it I reckon.
I have notice it crease a little but I have yet to find one that doesn't and a little tapping/gentle rub will fix that right up.
All in all this is a very nice product to use and it will be in my everyday routine.