July 23, 2014 | 2191 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Diptyque - Emulsion Velours- Velvet Hand Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Pass on this one. I adore almond but found that this lotion imparted a strange, flat, plasticky smell on my hands. It definitely has that cosmetic chemical scent, like slivered almonds drenched in beauty cream and rolled in talcum powder. It didn't bother me horribly so I continued use. Despite the lofty description, this is a rather unimpressive lotion. It absorbs fairly well, but my hands do not feel supple or hydrated after use. I have gotten better results from Satin Hands, Vaseline brand, and plenty of other cheapie drugstore lotions. I saw no improvement in my skin, cuticles, or nails. As an ex-employee, I have heard plenty complain that this does not come in a squeeze tube because the faulty pump tends to break, rendering the product useless. I have to agree. I much prefer the hand balm because it actually works, has a nice apricot scent, and comes in a tub. At this price point, there is no excuse for such mediocrity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with the other reviewer. The fragrance of this product made me feel sick to my stomach. There is the cherry almond but also a very strong musk with a synthetic incense-y element. The only thing I could think this would be useful for is if you're trying to lose weight as it might prevent you from putting your hands near your mouth. Pretty packaging though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, the scent is way too strong, sickeningly so. It is almond OD, with no added depth, not so different from Jergens minus the fake cherry scent, which actually makes the super artificial almond semi-palatable, in retrospect. This artificial almond is overloaded with angelica, which just takes it to a whole new level of sweet-fake-artificial in your face "ALMOND HAND CREAM" scent that just screams... any perfume I was wearing at the time turns to nothing, forget the blending or subtlety. If you want TONS of almond, and I mean sillage as if you're wearing a lot of sprayed perfume, here it is.

It gives you that fancy hand cream, very high society kind of smell, without any depth. Also, the pump broke off after a few months, so I have to just sort of squeeze it out, that is, when I can stand to smell it. Can't use it too often though, or it actually dries out my hands and gives them allergic dermatitis. Awesome, glad I paid nearly 50 bucks for this review.