April 24, 2014 | 1936 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 08

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

My MLBB!! Closest to my natural lip color but it is sexier and healthier looking. Thus the "MLBB" part. :P

The color doesn't wash me out, there's enough brown and pink and "mauveyness" in it and it is appropriate for every occasion and daytime looks. Its texture is heaven! Not too creamy for it to slide around but creamy enough to prevent lips from drying. I never had issues with this lipstick. I even love love love its sweet scent. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

New favourite lipstick.

Creamy, not-quite-matte appearance which goes on well. No offensive smell. Colour on me is the best MLBB I have ever tried! Not too pink, not too nude.

I haven't bought a lot of Rimmel since I was a teenager but I'm so pleased with this. The packaging is sturdy and functional and on a par with any other lipstick.

I would buy again and will probably buy a back up I like it so much. It's the perfect colour for me whether I'm wearing warmer or cooler colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is a medium rose shade with a slight terra cotta undertone. I would say it is a neutral that leans a bit warm. It's kind of a 1990s shade on me - natural, brownish and work appropriate. It's similar to Revlon Rum Raisin, but lighter. If I was going to name it, I'd call it Nude Dawn, because... It's rosy light tan :).

08 has a cream finish that looks matte after an hour and I do not find it to be drying, personally, especially when compared with the Kate Moss Matte Finish lipsticks. It lasts for about 3-4 hours if I am not eating and it doesn't dry out my lips.

This lipstick has the gasoline-dipped Cinnabon smell that the black tube Kate lippies and not the new fruitier, cherry smell. I am not annoyed by that either way, but if you are sensitive to scent...well, you probably wouldn't buy this anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Honestly, I only picked this up because it was half off at Walgreens this week plus I had a $1 off coupon combined with the fact that my curiousity of this color wouldn't cease after a photo featuring it went semi tumblr famous.

When you look at this color in the tube it is not very appealing I don't think... I mean it looks mauve. Mauve. I hate the word and the color. I had flashbacks to Airy Fairy (a Rimmel shade people raved about in mid 00s) which looked deep mauve with gold shimmer on my lips. Horrors. But for $1 and some change, I decided to give this a go because... the tumblr picture.

The formula is drying. There's no denying that. It feels dry when applying it to bare lips. You need balm under it or over it, which isn't a biggie to me because I like the fact that it sheers out the color, because despite being drying it is pretty darn pigmented. I don't notice the scent that people complain about that much.

The color is kind of hard to accurately describe. Did it look like the picture on tumblr that lured me into buying it? Well of course not. My lips are not the lips of the girl wearing it so different natural lip pigment issues come into play but was it close? Yes, it was in the same color family. Score. Despite looking mauve in the tube it actually goes on lips a rosier pink and yet there is no denying that it contains a slight mauvey undertone that produces a YLBB overall type of color. And it does this while appearing to be pretty darn neutral, so it should work for many different skin tones. Oh yeah, and no shimmer...huge plus in my book. And it really is truly pigmented... I find myself sort of just patting the product on my lips on top of some balm and gives me the look I want.

The lasting power of this is fantastic, even when wearing balm underneath or on top. It comes at an expense though, it is drying. Even with balm I feel a bit of moisture getting sucked out of my lips. I suppose that is what gives it such intense staying power.

If you want a really natural looking lip, don't be afraid to give this a go. It is a very forgiving color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jeanyi

This is the perfect My Lips But Better colour. I am NC40 and this is perfect, it is moderately long-lasting, has a nice satin finish. I tried so many different kinds of lipsticks but this is the winner in terms of colour, price and packaging (plus she's Kate Moss). Rimmel never fails to disappoint, the Kate Moss lipsticks have some of the most wearable and amazing colours for different skin types, check it out if you're looking to try sth versatile but subtly different from your usuals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous lipstick color for everyday. It's a pinkier version of my lips. Formula is creamy, semi matte. Packaging is cute. Hate the scent but It doesn't linger. I definitely would repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Terbear16862

This is a great "your lips but better" shade. It is a nice soft lipstick that goes on as well as any of my high end ones. I wish it had more staying power, but it is very hard to find a neutral lipstick that stays around for more than a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

This is a GREAT product. I bought it on sale for $4.99 at Shopper's Drugmart today.. And the quality almost beats my L'Oreal lipsticks! The colour lasts for a very long time, and when worn on top of a bit of lip balm, my lips don't feel dry. I'm pale and I was looking for a neutral, soft pink shade to wear everyday. Well, this is definitely it. The colour is beautiful - it actually gives quite a bit of colour to my lips, without being too dramatic. It makes you wonder if the colour on my lips is natural or not. Anyway, great buy.. I love the container as well. Cute and simple. I will buy this again and I will probably try more colours in the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I bought this almost a year ago, because me friend bought it and it looked amazing xD I also wanted a nude pink.

Pros:
-Great everyday lipstick, looks natural
-Creamy, moisturizing
-Great packaging (I love how it does a 'click" when i close it :B)
-Good pigmentation

Cons:
....:)
I am not sure for the lasting power :)

Its a shame that i forgot this lipstick underneath all my lippies...xD

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! I'm pretty pale and this soft rose color is just perfect. Very moisturizing and long-lasting. I love it!!