September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 08

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this last week at Target for $4.99 cdn. I was so happy to finally get my hands on this lipstick because it's always sold out everytime i want to pick it up.
This is a rose-mauve lipsick in a matte black with Kate written on it type of packaging.
This is such a beautiful flattering colour on my lips, also this is a very hydrating lipstick. I'll use my burts bees lip chap before putting this on and it glides on beautifully!
It doesn't have the best staying power, about 3-4 hours if I don't eat or drink, if I do then this lasts 1-2 hours max.
I will definitely repurchase this if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great lipstick overall. The shade is a mauve/rosy nude that is universally flattering. The color is opaque and the formula is very creamy. It is not slick but moisturising and comfortable.

The color is not unique and the formula isn't either but the pairing of both in this product makes it worth having. The staying power is not great, approx. 3-4 hours wear, however, this pairs great with smokey eyes and it is a great shade for everyday or the office.

Another plus is that it is very inexpensive. I'd recommend this product to anyone because it is a great addition to a makeup collection and even better for those who are uncomfortable with colour or need a fool proof shade for on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this shade because I heard is close to Kylie's lip color and I love it is so creamy and natural(: I still want to buy whirl by Mac and combine them soo in love , a must if your into natural colors (: Super cheap and pigmented

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kattay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick. It's a dark pinkish mauvey color, perfect for everyday wear. It reminds me a lot of Maybelline's Color Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up, only the Rimmel one smells SO much better. It's a very fruity smell, and almost reminds me of the candy gummy hearts you can get near Valentine's day. The packaging is very simple black plastic with "Kate" written in red on it, which is pretty cool because my name is also Kate :) The price is amazing, if I remember correctly, I got it at CVS for less than $5. It also stays pretty well considering the price. it lasted about 2-3 hours on me with not a lot of eating or drinking. LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is officially my all-time favourite lipstick!
The colour is sort of a dusty rose with cool cocoa undertones (but no so much that it's a 90s throwback lipstick).

Pros:
- The colour is perfect my cool, fair skin; it's totally buildable between day and evening as well (since my lips are a washed out pale pink this shade adds some richness to them).
- Bonus: the colour is so natural you don't have to worry so much about precise application. I apply directly from the tube as opposed to using a lip brush.
- The smell is delightful.
- It's super inexpensive!

Cons:
- The staying power isn't anything incredible, but bear in mind that this is your basic drugstore lipstick and in some way we will always get what we pay for. But I don't mind reapplying as needed (every 2-3 hours).

Overall a great buy and a make-up bag must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

My MLBB!! Closest to my natural lip color but it is sexier and healthier looking. Thus the "MLBB" part. :P

The color doesn't wash me out, there's enough brown and pink and "mauveyness" in it and it is appropriate for every occasion and daytime looks. Its texture is heaven! Not too creamy for it to slide around but creamy enough to prevent lips from drying. I never had issues with this lipstick. I even love love love its sweet scent. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

New favourite lipstick.

Creamy, not-quite-matte appearance which goes on well. No offensive smell. Colour on me is the best MLBB I have ever tried! Not too pink, not too nude.

I haven't bought a lot of Rimmel since I was a teenager but I'm so pleased with this. The packaging is sturdy and functional and on a par with any other lipstick.

I would buy again and will probably buy a back up I like it so much. It's the perfect colour for me whether I'm wearing warmer or cooler colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is a medium rose shade with a slight terra cotta undertone. I would say it is a neutral that leans a bit warm. It's kind of a 1990s shade on me - natural, brownish and work appropriate. It's similar to Revlon Rum Raisin, but lighter. If I was going to name it, I'd call it Nude Dawn, because... It's rosy light tan :).

08 has a cream finish that looks matte after an hour and I do not find it to be drying, personally, especially when compared with the Kate Moss Matte Finish lipsticks. It lasts for about 3-4 hours if I am not eating and it doesn't dry out my lips.

This lipstick has the gasoline-dipped Cinnabon smell that the black tube Kate lippies and not the new fruitier, cherry smell. I am not annoyed by that either way, but if you are sensitive to scent...well, you probably wouldn't buy this anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Honestly, I only picked this up because it was half off at Walgreens this week plus I had a $1 off coupon combined with the fact that my curiousity of this color wouldn't cease after a photo featuring it went semi tumblr famous.

When you look at this color in the tube it is not very appealing I don't think... I mean it looks mauve. Mauve. I hate the word and the color. I had flashbacks to Airy Fairy (a Rimmel shade people raved about in mid 00s) which looked deep mauve with gold shimmer on my lips. Horrors. But for $1 and some change, I decided to give this a go because... the tumblr picture.

The formula is drying. There's no denying that. It feels dry when applying it to bare lips. You need balm under it or over it, which isn't a biggie to me because I like the fact that it sheers out the color, because despite being drying it is pretty darn pigmented. I don't notice the scent that people complain about that much.

The color is kind of hard to accurately describe. Did it look like the picture on tumblr that lured me into buying it? Well of course not. My lips are not the lips of the girl wearing it so different natural lip pigment issues come into play but was it close? Yes, it was in the same color family. Score. Despite looking mauve in the tube it actually goes on lips a rosier pink and yet there is no denying that it contains a slight mauvey undertone that produces a YLBB overall type of color. And it does this while appearing to be pretty darn neutral, so it should work for many different skin tones. Oh yeah, and no shimmer...huge plus in my book. And it really is truly pigmented... I find myself sort of just patting the product on my lips on top of some balm and gives me the look I want.

The lasting power of this is fantastic, even when wearing balm underneath or on top. It comes at an expense though, it is drying. Even with balm I feel a bit of moisture getting sucked out of my lips. I suppose that is what gives it such intense staying power.

If you want a really natural looking lip, don't be afraid to give this a go. It is a very forgiving color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jeanyi

This is the perfect My Lips But Better colour. I am NC40 and this is perfect, it is moderately long-lasting, has a nice satin finish. I tried so many different kinds of lipsticks but this is the winner in terms of colour, price and packaging (plus she's Kate Moss). Rimmel never fails to disappoint, the Kate Moss lipsticks have some of the most wearable and amazing colours for different skin types, check it out if you're looking to try sth versatile but subtly different from your usuals.