Dior Diorshow Liner Waterproof

3.3

on 3/8/2014 9:55:00 AM

This is really a huge disappointment. It is expensive, not waterproof or smudge proof. After an hour of application, it smears and my eyes are a mess.. I have this in the blue. The colour is beautiful sadly but it just doesn't work. I bought this with my friend and she has the same problem.

on 1/13/2014 9:29:00 PM

Huge disappointment for me. I really wanted to like it. I figured decent reviews on here, seemingly smudge proof in the department store (I should know better than using my hand as a tester) and claims to be waterproof would make it the perfect pencil but alas, it did not work on me. I've got relatively oily lids but I don't think that is the issue. I think it just fades away and isn't long lasting. It goes on smoothly and glides with ease but I found it to be on the lighter side, no as black as I'd like. After a couple of layers, it lasts for the first few hours but soon smudges slightly but really, just fades when less than half the day is over. Maybe it's my lids but I definitely won't be purchasing again. Back to the By Terry Blackstar...

on 10/14/2013 7:36:00 PM

This liner lasts a long time. I had used it everyday and it took me about 4 months to finish the whole pencil. I think it is because the pigment is very concentrated so I only need a very light stroke each day.

on 10/14/2013 3:33:00 PM

This is a superb waterproof eyeliner. What I love most about this liner is that it stays out absolutely smudge proof all day long which is about 10+ hrs before I wash my makeup off. It stays put through my intense workouts! It's easy to remove with makeup remover or wipes. Does not hurt my sensitive eyes. Consistency is great and easy to apply. I really Love the built in sharpener. Wish it wasn't so pricey but it may be worth the money.

on 9/23/2012 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These twist up pencils were recently reformulated for 2012, starting with the Turquoise color from the spring collection. I purchased the color Carbon (black) and I haven't been disappointed. I like that the pencil is so precise without needing to be sharpened, though it comes with a built in sharpener for exact application. The intensity of the black isn't the deepest, but it's definitely sufficiently dark. The texture isn't super creamy nor super dry, but a good middle ground. The best part about this liner is how long-lasting it is, and stays on through my 12 hour work day. I always just wear this directly in the lash line and on the upper waterline (I have dry eyes though). This is my go-to work liner, but I would pick a different liner if I wanted a more intense look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Indoorkitty: did you buy a faulty one? you should take it back.

In reflection to what indoor kitty said, i found this eyeliner to really work for me. Ive always hated eyeliners that rub off at the top of the lip and was really hoping to find one that doesn't do that. And i have!

Pros:
-Very long-lasting
-Smudge/Transfer proof
-Nice colours and very good pigment
-Sharpener included (even though its retractable eyeliner)
-Not too soft, not too hard as stated before.
-Nice metal packaging with the sharpener cleverly inserted at the top.
-Easy to smudge (to cause a smoky eye look) before it sets.

Cons:
-Quite expensive. In Australia is $44 or $48 I think.
-Can dry up if the cap isn't on properly.
-Can melt in hot weather

Overall i really do think its a great product and no product comes without cons. I would definitely recommend it :) Hopefully nobody gets a faulty one!

on 12/27/2011 1:58:00 AM

I bought this in navy when it first came out. I've been upset about it ever since.

I'll start with the Pros. This is long-lasting (more so than a regular pencil but less than a gel liner). The color is nice. It's not super soft or super hard, so it's easy to put on. It's pigmented enough to do the job in one swipe.

The packaging was absolute fail. This arrived with the liner tip like completely free of the pencil itself. It fell out en route to me. It's a 2 inch-long navy stick just hanging out there. Whenever I use it, I have to gently coax it back into the pencil mechanism to get it to work. It's incredibly frustrating.

This was totally marketed as being a superior product; in reality, it's just another navy liner. It's not even really waterproof. I feel so completely duped.

The MAC technakohls are a better buy, at $15 a pop (versus like $29 for this baby). I'll finish this off (as I'd get dinged too hard on the shipping to the States to return it) but I'm never picking up another one.

Absolute fail. Please just walk away.

edited to add: this was a CP from a Dior employee in the States. To return it, I'd basically be down another $10 - $20 in shipping and I really really didn't want to spend more money fixing it.